Flatten The Curve, Not The Economy - Let's Get Back To Work Now

Why would the country re-elect Trump after the made such a colossal and costly mistake?

WHO'S making that mistake?? The governors of Cali NY Ill Conn... THEY are ones shutting down almost 40% of the economy... And the "bail-out"???? That's just another bi-partisan shit show.. TWICE the money for HALF of the benefit...

Whatever else you THINK YOU know that came from partisan hack sources is just spin and propaganda...
Didn’t the CDC recommend against gatherings greater than 10 people?

I recommend that all the time but I hate crowds...

You live in Urban areas that are incubators for disease and viruses, so let be realistic and understand people will die from this virus, so the question does the few thousand we save worth crashing our economy because of China Kung Flu Panda Virus?

We should have locked mummy dust faring old folks and the sick and then did the herd inoculation and let people get the virus and let their immune fight it...

I believe we overreacted on this one...

So did Trump’s CDC recommend no gatherings over 10 people?

Pretty hard to run a business, restaurant, resort, sporting event, or really almost anything in compliance with that recommendation.

For better or worse, Trump is on the hook for the results of the actions of his administration during this time. If you think it’s being overblown, Trump is at the very least responsible for the recommendations coming out of his administration that contribute to that.

And if Trump did not do this you and the left will be screaming he is trying to kill all of you, so he is damn if he does and damn if he does not...

The question for me is did Pelosi and Democrat ran States like California agree with the CDC and if so then why are you not pissed at them?

They could have said it was not needed but you do know they were the ones wanting a National Lockdown, so let cut the shit here and admit Trump can never do anything correct in your eyes...

It is like the left blaming Trump not having a member of the CDC so that China Government could lie to them...

No win scenario for him...
Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
I’m not pissed at people for following the CDC advice.
But then again I’m not calling this overblown. You are. So do you blame Trump for damaging the economy by overblowing this disease?

I blame China Government like everyone else should...
Did China make us shut down our economy?

Actually they made the entire World shutdown...

Iran government fell ill from China Government failure to contain the virus.

Italy is lockdown...

Let me guess you blame Trump for that, don't you?

The Iranian government gets sick has zero effect on our economy and Italy going on lockdown has very little either.

But I thought you said this was overblow? Now you’re pointing at countries who are falling apart because of it.

Which is it?

You asked me who do I blame?

And I answered China Government because they started the crash before Trump and the CDC ordered the ten or less people rule or will you deny this?

You do know markets started to tank when China Government shut down their plants but I bet Rachel Maddow forgot to tell you that didn't she?

So as you blame Trump for all of this just remember all this could have been avoided had China Government been honest and not allow the virus spread around the World...

Do I believe millions will die from this Virus?

Nope, and I doubt we reach the 2009 Pandemic levels either but it was Democrats in California and New York demanding action, so Trump obliged and now you are mad he did as you and your party wanted...

He can not win when the deck is stacked against him...

China PM Xi had to tell trump personally? Again, trump could have listened to his own intelligence community instead of downplaying the virus for two months.

Of course, trump doesn't know the meaning of pandemic.

Trump very much knows the actual definition of pandemic.. When he made the statement that it was not yet a pandemic -- it was by the epidemiological definition true.. You're spinning..

And Xi LIED REPEATEDLY to the world when he claimed "human to human" transmission was not possible.. He LIED at the same time he locked up several Chinese doctors who were TRYING to get the warning out to the world.. ONE of whom just died...

Get your blame game in order here...

And start pondering the IMPORTANT questions that are NOT trump... Like the topic of this thread..

Back to the actual topic.. :rolleyes-41: Just saw Texas Lt Gov Patrick speak DIRECTLY to this question.. He's turning 70 and has "some issues" that put him at high risk.. What he said was to the effect,

I owe my grandchildren a country like the one I'm lived in and served.. And there's a good chance we could break the economy for decades to come by shutting it down.. So when I weigh that against the "mostly known" virus risks, I'm more than willing to err on the side of the FUTURE of this nation...

Just aired on Tucker Carlson.. No clips available yet.. LOOK for it... It's pretty much the way I feel looking at the alternatives today...

So he and you would rather this drip on for months instead of slowing it down now? This going for months and months will do more damage to our economy than if you slowed it down now. It will ruin the economy for years if the virus isn't slowed now rather than later.

Why would the country re-elect Trump after the made such a colossal and costly mistake?

WHO'S making that mistake?? The governors of Cali NY Ill Conn... THEY are ones shutting down almost 40% of the economy... And the "bail-out"???? That's just another bi-partisan shit show.. TWICE the money for HALF of the benefit...

Whatever else you THINK YOU know that came from partisan hack sources is just spin and propaganda...

You live in Urban areas that are incubators for disease and viruses, so let be realistic and understand people will die from this virus, so the question does the few thousand we save worth crashing our economy because of China Kung Flu Panda Virus?

We should have locked mummy dust faring old folks and the sick and then did the herd inoculation and let people get the virus and let their immune fight it...

Pretty hard to run a business, restaurant, resort, sporting event, or really almost anything in compliance with that recommendation.

For better or worse, Trump is on the hook for the results of the actions of his administration during this time. If you think it’s being overblown, Trump is at the very least responsible for the recommendations coming out of his administration that contribute to that.

And if Trump did not do this you and the left will be screaming he is trying to kill all of you, so he is damn if he does and damn if he does not...

The question for me is did Pelosi and Democrat ran States like California agree with the CDC and if so then why are you not pissed at them?

They could have said it was not needed but you do know they were the ones wanting a National Lockdown, so let cut the shit here and admit Trump can never do anything correct in your eyes...

It is like the left blaming Trump not having a member of the CDC so that China Government could lie to them...

But then again I’m not calling this overblown. You are. So do you blame Trump for damaging the economy by overblowing this disease?

Italy is lockdown...

The Iranian government gets sick has zero effect on our economy and Italy going on lockdown has very little either.

But I thought you said this was overblow? Now you’re pointing at countries who are falling apart because of it.

Which is it?

And I answered China Government because they started the crash before Trump and the CDC ordered the ten or less people rule or will you deny this?

You do know markets started to tank when China Government shut down their plants but I bet Rachel Maddow forgot to tell you that didn't she?

So as you blame Trump for all of this just remember all this could have been avoided had China Government been honest and not allow the virus spread around the World...

Nope, and I doubt we reach the 2009 Pandemic levels either but it was Democrats in California and New York demanding action, so Trump obliged and now you are mad he did as you and your party wanted...

China PM Xi had to tell trump personally? Again, trump could have listened to his own intelligence community instead of downplaying the virus for two months.

Trump very much knows the actual definition of pandemic.. When he made the statement that it was not yet a pandemic -- it was by the epidemiological definition true.. You're spinning..

And Xi LIED REPEATEDLY to the world when he claimed "human to human" transmission was not possible.. He LIED at the same time he locked up several Chinese doctors who were TRYING to get the warning out to the world.. ONE of whom just died...

Get your blame game in order here...

And start pondering the IMPORTANT questions that are NOT trump... Like the topic of this thread..

Are cases of the virus zero in America yet? Is it well contained?

Did our intelligence community warn trump in January and February of a possible pandemic?

Are cases of the virus zero in America yet? Is it well contained?

Do YOU know the definition of pandemic?? The actual epidemiological one? Don't think you do... It's kinda like the diff between a bear market and a crash. Ur not inspiring any confidence here..

Did our intelligence community warn trump in January and February of a possible pandemic?

Didn't need to... While YOUR mental midgets were still in FULL IMPEACHMENT mode, Trump had already moved to form the task forces and travel bans.. In fact, travel to/from China started to cut off WHILE HE WAS BEING IMPEACHED... You need a timeline for those actions or has Don Da Lemon given you one???

Why isn't anyone on the left here even INTERESTED in discussing the ACTUAL ACTIONS??? This pains me greatly.. It's like they just can't over Trump enough to think over the alternatives by themselves...

Maybe we could get Maddow to issue some "talking points" here... It's the FUCKING FUTURE of this country at stake in this topic and all they want to do is VENT some more....

Italy is lockdown...

Which is it?

Let get the facts straight here:

1. December 1st 2019 the Chinese Government knew they had a possible pandemic on the rise.

2. China Government arrested Doctors that blew the whistle on this virus.

3. China Government lied to the WHO and World about the dangers and spread of the Virus.

4. China Government closed down it factories causing the World Markets to crash.

So those four points I just made make it clear the crashing of the Markets was caused by China Government lying about the Virus and it spread and the closing of her factories and tourism.

You can not blame Trump for any of that and to even try is silly!

Now getting back to the topic and it is about the cure being worst than the damn disease and many of you would be just fine with the tanking of our economic system as long as it get rid of Trump and Republicans.

I am not fine with winning that way and to me it shows how low a political party will go just to win.

Americans need to work and the economy need to start back up!

We did not shut the country down over H1N1 in 2009 and we shouldn't do it over Coronavirus 19!

Only a fool would close the most important economy in the World down and think it is a great idea!

Also let be clear it is Democrat Governors like Gavin Newsom and Democrat Mayors like Bill de Blasio that have called for this heavy handed shutdown that they know will cripple just not our country but the World economy!

So the cure could kill more of us than the virus and yet many on the left want the death cure than trying to find a better way!

Lockdown the sick and elderly and the rest of you get back to work!

"Fox host Steve Hilton, a Trump supporter and self-described "positive populist," argued that -- described Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases who is helping lead the government's coronavirus response effort, as part of the country's "ruling class" -- 'Our ruling class and their TV mouthpieces whipping up fear over this virus — they can afford an indefinite shutdown. Working Americans can't, they'll be crushed by it," Hilton said. "You know that famous phrase, 'the cure is worse than the disease?' That is exactly the territory we're hurtling towards."

Just a couple of hours after saying that -- Trump tweeted that same argument -- great minds think alike....Steve is right, this national lockdown thing is worse for our economy than a few elderly people dying or a few younger people dying who already sick with something else....Do you honestly think America can't withstand a few hundred deaths or so?? We been thru WW1, WW2, Vietnam, 9/11 -- so this crisis is nothing to shut businesses or schools down over....

Worst mistake Trump made was changing his tone and bowing down to the Democrat propaganda and hysteria -- he was right to treat this virus the way he did previously -- but he is beginning to learn now how overblown this thing was and hopefully this week or next week he will officially declare America is back in business -- Wall Street will definitely respond positively and his re-election win will definitely be won by the largest margin in US history...
15 days ...a month tops....for lock downs ..

People need to work ...I mean who will Democrats and mexicans mooch off of?
"Trump says coronavirus restrictions will be lifted "soon, a lot sooner than three or four months."

There is no doubt in my mind we could go back to work and not have a massive outbreak.

This is going to get out sooner or later....New York is fucked.

People wearing masks...limiting meetings....strenuous testing....limited travel....work from home if you can.

All will help flatten the curve.

Anyone thinks we won't have millions of cases is kidding themselves.

We can't wait for that to happen and then wait for it to pass.....we'll have a depression and anarchy.

"Fox host Steve Hilton, a Trump supporter and self-described "positive populist," argued that -- described Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases who is helping lead the government's coronavirus response effort, as part of the country's "ruling class" -- 'Our ruling class and their TV mouthpieces whipping up fear over this virus — they can afford an indefinite shutdown. Working Americans can't, they'll be crushed by it," Hilton said. "You know that famous phrase, 'the cure is worse than the disease?' That is exactly the territory we're hurtling towards."

Just a couple of hours after saying that -- Trump tweeted that same argument -- great minds think alike....Steve is right, this national lockdown thing is worse for our economy than a few elderly people dying or a few younger people dying who already sick with something else....Do you honestly think America can't withstand a few hundred deaths or so?? We been thru WW1, WW2, Vietnam, 9/11 -- so this crisis is nothing to shut businesses or schools down over....

Worst mistake Trump made was changing his tone and bowing down to the Democrat propaganda and hysteria -- he was right to treat this virus the way he did previously -- but he is beginning to learn now how overblown this thing was and hopefully this week or next week he will officially declare America is back in business -- Wall Street will definitely respond positively and his re-election win will definitely be won by the largest margin in US history...

Donald Trump will resurrect the cadavers?

So, the White House is figuring many dead Americans are worth a quarter point in the GDP.

Cutting checks and giving them to people is the best thing to do at this time.
We can't afford it....

Who is going to pay for it?
A famous American hero of the right said " deficits don't matter".

Trump used up nearly ever tool to fight off a recession to build an economy based on debt. WE skyrocketed the deficit \to a trillion, he bullied the Fed to bail him out. So we now have a crisis & no money or creddit cards left. Can we handle a 3 trillion deficit?

So, the White House is figuring many dead Americans are worth a quarter point in the GDP.

It isn't a "quarter point" in the GDP,but instead a permanent economic depression and a hole that it will take a hundred generations to dig out of. Poverty kills, Dave. And if America becomes the New Haiti or New Chad, that will not be good

To save the country from Sleepy Joe and the Corrupt Biden Clan.
So reelect the guy who helped crash the economy?
If you say so.

President Trump didn't cause the Coronavirus, the Red Chinese did. And they have been working to collude and rig the 2020 election in favor of the Biden Family with whom they have huge business relations with.

To save the country from Sleepy Joe and the Corrupt Biden Clan.
So reelect the guy who helped crash the economy?
If you say so.

President Trump didn't cause the Coronavirus, the Red Chinese did. And they have been working to collude and rig the 2020 election in favor of the Biden Family with whom they have huge business relations with.
So Coronavirus is part of China’s plot to elect Biden?

Forum List

Back