Fla Sheriff Recomends Carry Guns for you Own Protection, or else.

I have cc carried now for almost 40 years in three states and have pulled my sidearm three times but never have had to fire it.

what fun is that?
Its a pain in the butt the extra weight and it hits you in the ribs sometimes.
I wear my full size 45ACP at the side in the 3 oclock position under my shirt and jacket.

This keeps it out of the way of my body even when bending or twisting.
Side note..,.. You have more thread cred up here then in the bottoms. So why go there? Your posting here upstairs is well liked. You don't belong down there anymore then I do.

I'm old school 38 snub hammerless. 5 shot. If you need more then that what the hell where you doing there?
In home? 20 gauge solid slug. These idiots using 00 are fools. In a tight space you need to be surgical with your shot not Rambo.
38 is a fine caliber and load.

Hammerless lets you shoot from inside a coat pocket.

I prefer to draw and shoot however.
I have a cross belt holster. I don't need to draw to fire! Just turn my left hip toward the target. First shot hits body mass every time!

oh gee------how tall are you? where does your hip end--------? could you manage to MISS
my "body mass" ? I am very short------like queen elizabeth
Six foot tall and with my hip turned towards you and firing in holster the shot would strike 36 inches from the ground. Body mass is from the belly button to the neck. It would hit.

Here in the Big Apple, one can't even carry a pea shooter.
I hear they even made mace illegal there? True?

I have a cross belt holster. I don't need to draw to fire! Just turn my left hip toward the target. First shot hits body mass every time!

oh gee------how tall are you? where does your hip end--------? could you manage to MISS
Six foot tall and with my hip turned towards you and firing in holster the shot would strike 36 inches from the ground. Body mass is from the belly button to the neck. It would hit.

"It is legal to carry defense sprays in NY, but pepper spray can not legally be mailed to any city or county in New York. Most other parts of the country do allow for these products to be shipped in, so people who live in nearby states may legally havepepper spray delivered by mail."
New York Pepper Spray Laws: Legal Products & Regulations on Use ...
New York Pepper Spray Laws: Legal Products & Regulations on Use

Mace and other sprays are not a good idea because the mist almost always comes back and hits you in the face yourself when you try to use it.

Mace is a marketing farce designed to make money off anti gun morons.

I have cc carried now for almost 40 years in three states and have pulled my sidearm three times but never have had to fire it.

what fun is that?
Its a pain in the butt the extra weight and it hits you in the ribs sometimes.
I wear my full size 45ACP at the side in the 3 oclock position under my shirt and jacket.

This keeps it out of the way of my body even when bending or twisting.
Side note..,.. You have more thread cred up here then in the bottoms. So why go there? Your posting here upstairs is well liked. You don't belong down there anymore then I do.
Ok thanks.

The statistical probability of being in a situation where a firearm might clearly be necessary is so small that carrying all the time only really raises the level of possibility of unintended harm.
So is leaving your house. Statistics don't matter much when it's your life on the line.

Mace and other sprays are not a good idea because the mist almost always comes back and hits you in the face yourself when you try to use it.

I'd rather get some in my face if the perp got a lot more. I carry it at the dog park because shooting at a dog fighting yours might go very wrong.

I'm old school 38 snub hammerless. 5 shot. If you need more then that what the hell where you doing there?
In home? 20 gauge solid slug. These idiots using 00 are fools. In a tight space you need to be surgical with your shot not Rambo.

I like the H&K USP 40 cal with removal Lazar.

I suspect I am not as big as you.....Sig Sauer P229
S&W Model 29 for me.

I'd rather get some in my face if the perp got a lot more. I carry it at the dog park because shooting at a dog fighting yours might go very wrong.
When you carry a gun every day you need to make choices before issues. If I pull up in my driveway and some idiot is taking my TV do I shoot? No.

If I'm in my car and someone tries to car jack me do I shoot? Yes

The car jacking is a personal threat the boosted TV is not. Anybody who carries needs to sort base issues before they carry.

When you carry a gun every day you need to make choices before issues. If I pull up in my driveway and some idiot is taking my TV do I shoot? No.

If I'm in my car and someone tries to car jack me do I shoot? Yes

The car jacking is a personal threat the boosted TV is not. Anybody who carries needs to sort base issues before they carry.

I live in the People's Republic of NY....I have no decisions to make....simply wait for the body bags.

The sheriff said that calling 911 means officers are on their way, but said, “Until they arrive, it’s up to you and those with you to neutralize or eliminate the threat.”
Ivey encouraged people to take self-defense classes, and urged those with concealed weapons permits to carry their guns with them at all times.
“No matter who you are or what your position is on guns, there’s no denying the fact that the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun or a knife is an armed and well-prepared citizen or law enforcement officer,” Ivey said.
The sheriff’s message received a mixed response. Some residents applauded his stance while others criticized it, calling it “fear-mongering” and encouraging vigilantes.

Source Brevard County News or the Brevard Sheriffs web site.
The gun is not magical however.

It takes training and practice too.

You need to be able to draw and shoot straight from concealment in one second or less. That's not easy.

Without practice it is impossible.
Says who? You dug that out of your ass. I might have one second and I might have 10, you have no idea since you can't predict every case scenario. What we do know is that it's better to have a gun if you need one and you won't have time to go home or to the store and fetch one.

Forum List

Back