Five years after Philadelphia leftists passed a "soda tax" to help fund education, how is it going?

Usually the case and odds are the people complaining will vote for them again anyhow, so nothing changes.

Usually the case and odds are the people complaining will vote for them again anyhow, so nothing changes.

Quite true. In fact, leftists depend on that kind of stupidity to keep themselves in power.

They'll blame the failure of the soda tax on white people/Republicans/Trump/racism, the trained seals will clap, and they'll all vote for the "new soda tax".

Mike Huckaby did the same when he became governor of Arkansass.

Huckabee's Support for Higher Taxes and More Spending​

1703784644594.png
Cato Institute
https://www.cato.org › blog › huckabees-support-high...

May 12, 2015 — Huckabee supported increases in the state gasoline, cigarette, and sales taxes. He instituted a three percent personal income surtax. Huckabee's ...

Everyone other than the dumbest of the DNC cultists here already knows the answer to this question.

Taking money from mostly poor people to give it to politicians to spend on whatever they want is a core left-wing value, and it NEVER does what they claim it was going to do.

hilarious...i hope they waste that money.seeing libturds suffer because of other libturds is fun to watch

Everyone other than the dumbest of the DNC cultists here already knows the answer to this question.

Taking money from mostly poor people to give it to politicians to spend on whatever they want is a core left-wing value, and it NEVER does what they claim it was going to do.

Good video. I like how the mayor defended it all. The blind leading the blind.

Saw this video today via Twitchy.com.

It's the same shenanigans as in most Democrat thiefdoms.

Raise people's tax money for an ostensibly good cause - but actually deprive the poor/working class who can't afford it as much.

Then pull the bait and switch by diverting half the revenue into a "General Fund" where it gets divvied out to special interests and party panderers.

Same ole' story....every....fuckin'....time.

Actually that is not a bad idea, soda is bad for you. I wish my state had a soda tax, it would give me incentive to stop drinking it.

Forum List

Back