Five Reasons Why Cats are Inferior to Dogs

Neither do my dogs.

My dog never did this, nor humped anything nor dragged her ass on the carpet. :eusa_hand:

My two female Dobemans have never humped anything, dragged their ass on the carpet or drooled on the carpet. They are magnificent creatures, far outshining any cat I've ever owned. And I currently have seven cats, by the way.

The Chinese sharpei I rescued off the street drags her ass on the carpet and drools. Thankfully, she doesn't hump anything. I don't like her much, but like I said I rescued her off the street. No one else was bothering to help her. If I had to choose between her and my cats, though, I would pick any one of my cats over her. :(

Both my male minpin and my female minpin mix do hump things. They are both rescues, both fixed. They also drag their butts on the carpet occasionally, though not nearly as much as the sharpei. They do not drool.

So it depends on the dog.

None of my dogs puke as much as the cats do. Nor do they make a point of walking across my path when I'm coming down the stairs or rushing about doing chores. Nor do they jump on me in the middle of the night and give me an anxiety attack. Nor do they get up on the kitchen counters and the dining table.

: )

Want to know how to keep your cats from jumping up on the counters and dining table?

Get a squirt gun. Entertaining for you, and it teaches the cat to not jump on things in a very gentle manner, because the worst that happens to them is they get wet.

Trust me, it works, I've trained many a cat that way.

My dog never did this, nor humped anything nor dragged her ass on the carpet. :eusa_hand:

My two female Dobemans have never humped anything, dragged their ass on the carpet or drooled on the carpet. They are magnificent creatures, far outshining any cat I've ever owned. And I currently have seven cats, by the way.

The Chinese sharpei I rescued off the street drags her ass on the carpet and drools. Thankfully, she doesn't hump anything. I don't like her much, but like I said I rescued her off the street. No one else was bothering to help her. If I had to choose between her and my cats, though, I would pick any one of my cats over her. :(

Both my male minpin and my female minpin mix do hump things. They are both rescues, both fixed. They also drag their butts on the carpet occasionally, though not nearly as much as the sharpei. They do not drool.

So it depends on the dog.

None of my dogs puke as much as the cats do. Nor do they make a point of walking across my path when I'm coming down the stairs or rushing about doing chores. Nor do they jump on me in the middle of the night and give me an anxiety attack. Nor do they get up on the kitchen counters and the dining table.

: )

Have you tried expressing your butt-dragging dogs' anal glands?

Hi, gallantwarrior! No, I haven't tried expressing their anal glands. The butt-dragging is not happening that often, and my vet tells me they will drag their butts if they have an itchy butt. The Sharpei does it the most, and Sharpeis are known for having skin problems, etc. So I think it's just an itchy butt. Thank God, I've never had to express an anal gland yet!

Last edited:
Do cats lead the blind? Do cats work in search and rescue? Do cats work as police cats? Do cats guard homes and businesses? Do cats herd sheep and cattle? Do cats carry stuff for their owners? Do cats pull sleds or carts? Do cats predict seisures in children? Can cats smell cancer? Do cats act as personal guardians? Do cats serve in the military? Do cats sniff out bombs and drugs? Have cats earned the title of "Man's Best Friend"?

Last edited:
Do cats lead the blind? Do cats work in search and rescue? Do cats work as police cats? Do cats guard homes and businesses? Do cats herd sheep and cattle? Do cats carry stuff for their owners? Do cats pull sleds or carts? Do cats predict seisures in children? Can cats smell cancer? Do cats act as personal guardians? Do cats serve in the military? Do cats sniff out bombs and drugs? Have cats earned the title of "Man's Best Friend"?

Proving once again how dumb dogs are, they'll sniff anyone's butt for a treat. Cats are too smart to be used by humans in those manners.

Cats have more self-respect than to grovel and slather.

I've never had to poop-n'-scoop my cat, they don't shit where I walk.

h02D0F151

LOL. That's pic is hilarious.

I'll vote for dogs anytime:)

So you like having hot dog turds in your hand every day? Or do you not have poop-n-scoop laws in Israel? (Which wouldn't surprise me, :D)

Cats wash themselves, dogs just drag their ass across your carpet for a good wipe.

A cat saved my life when I was an infant. I was born in Texas and the cat we had killed a scorpion in my crib. Since then I've always had at least one cat.

I don't like dogs, not much at all.

5 reasons I hate dogs:

1. They smell. I can smell a dog in a house the minute I step inside.
2. The big ones often drool, yuck!
3. They demand attention, you need to walk them, etc.
4. They bark.
5. They try to lick your face. Again, yuck!

5 great things about cats:

1. They are independent.
2. They hunt, it's cool to watch.
3. They are clean.
4. They go outside and entertain themselves.
5. They keep rodents away.
One of the places I lived in Apache Juntion/Phoenix, AZ had scorp's in it, and my cat killed a couple. I'd let him sleep on my bed because he'd see them if they ever climbed up on it. He woke me up twice in that bedroom before I finally moved out. Once he cornered a Scorpion by the dresser, and another time he was chasing an ultra fast moving spider called a Fox Scorpion. I got stung in that house too by a Scorpion that crawled up my chair and was crawling up my back. It stung my finger when I brushed it off. I got a little concerned and called the paramedics. At it turns out I must be one of the few that's immune to Scorpion stings. But the medics told me cats were the best defense anyone could have to scorpions because they also are immune to the sting, and will usually kill them.

The cat I have now came crawling out of the weeds late one night at a camp fire I was having. She was starved and smelled the hotdogs cooking. She was super tiny and young but ate two whole hotdogs. She still isn't very big, but another thing about cats, I filled her a new liter box with cat liter, she smelled it, jump in and took a leak. Dogs on the other hand shit and piss all over the house long before they're trained to shit and piss outside.

Last edited:
A cat saved my life when I was an infant. I was born in Texas and the cat we had killed a scorpion in my crib. Since then I've always had at least one cat.

I don't like dogs, not much at all.

5 reasons I hate dogs:

1. They smell. I can smell a dog in a house the minute I step inside.
2. The big ones often drool, yuck!
3. They demand attention, you need to walk them, etc.
4. They bark.
5. They try to lick your face. Again, yuck!

5 great things about cats:

1. They are independent.
2. They hunt, it's cool to watch.
3. They are clean.
4. They go outside and entertain themselves.
5. They keep rodents away.
One of the places I lived in Apache Juntion/Phoenix, AZ had scorp's in it, and my cat killed a couple. I'd let him sleep on my bed because he'd see them if they ever climbed up on it. He woke me up twice in that bedroom before I finally moved out. Once he cornered a Scorpion by the dresser, and another time he was chasing an ultra fast moving spider called a Fox Scorpion. I got stung in that house too by a Scorpion that crawled up my chair and was crawling up my back. It stung my finger when I brushed it off. I got a little concerned and called the paramedics. At it turns out I must be one of the few that's immune to Scorpion stings. But the medics told me cats were the best defense anyone could have to scorpions because they also are immune to the sting, and will usually kill them.

The cat I have now came crawling out of the weeds late one night at a camp fire I was having. She was starved and smelled the hotdogs cooking. She was super tiny and young but ate two whole hotdogs. She still isn't very big, but another thing about cats, I filled her a new liter box with cat liter, she smelled it, jump in and took a leak. Dogs on the other hand shit and piss all over the house long before they're trained to shit and piss outside.

I have been stung six times. Not to bad for adults, but kids can have issues. Cool that you had a scorpion guard cat. Wonder how many times he got it?

Forum List

Back