Five Reasons Why Cats are Inferior to Dogs

As the one who started this thread, it's only fair that I comment.

One of my earliest memories was lying in a bassinet in my grandmother's back yard looking up at her fig tree. A big, black nose came over the rim, followed by a big, slurpy tongue belonging to a brown, white, and black Cocker Spaniel. Cleo had two brothers that stood guard over me.

Another was a deaf Dalmatian who obeyed hand signals. Buddy of mine and I walked somewhere and she went with us. She'd learned that we would go to the middle of the street crossing to check for traffic and would then signal her to come. We got three blocks away before realizing she wasn't with us. We turned around and there she was, sitting on the corner way back there eagerly waiting for us. And then, she wouldn't budge until we went all the way back and were in the middle of the street.

Oh yeah - also had a Siamese that was the most ferocious watch cat in the world. Called her Cloi.

Pound for pound a cat will destroy almost any dog. You have a 150 pound Rot, he gets too go up against a adult male puma.......good luck with that. A Pit Bull would have to fight a Bobcat, shredded eyes before one bite could take place.

Pound for pound a cat will destroy almost any dog. You have a 150 pound Rot, he gets too go up against a adult male puma.......good luck with that. A Pit Bull would have to fight a Bobcat, shredded eyes before one bite could take place.

Rhodesian ridgebacks are used to hunt lions. Apparently they don't fear big cats.

But in general, you are correct. Pound for pound, the cat is more deadly. There are, of course, exceptions to every rule.

Last edited:
My cats have never run out into the street and gotten hit by a car. My only dog did, though.

My cats don't drool on the carpets.

Neither do my dogs.

My dog never did this, nor humped anything nor dragged her ass on the carpet. :eusa_hand:

My two female Dobemans have never humped anything, dragged their ass on the carpet or drooled on the carpet. They are magnificent creatures, far outshining any cat I've ever owned. And I currently have seven cats, by the way.

The Chinese sharpei I rescued off the street drags her ass on the carpet and drools. Thankfully, she doesn't hump anything. I don't like her much, but like I said I rescued her off the street. No one else was bothering to help her. If I had to choose between her and my cats, though, I would pick any one of my cats over her. :(

Both my male minpin and my female minpin mix do hump things. They are both rescues, both fixed. They also drag their butts on the carpet occasionally, though not nearly as much as the sharpei. They do not drool.

So it depends on the dog.

None of my dogs puke as much as the cats do. Nor do they make a point of walking across my path when I'm coming down the stairs or rushing about doing chores. Nor do they jump on me in the middle of the night and give me an anxiety attack. Nor do they get up on the kitchen counters and the dining table.

: )

Last edited:
Neither do my dogs.

My dog never did this, nor humped anything nor dragged her ass on the carpet. :eusa_hand:

My two female Dobemans have never humped anything, dragged their ass on the carpet or drooled on the carpet. They are magnificent creatures, far outshining any cat I've ever owned. And I currently have seven cats, by the way.

The Chinese sharpei I rescued off the street drags her ass on the carpet and drools. Thankfully, she doesn't hump anything. I don't like her much, but like I said I rescued her off the street. No one else was bothering to help her. If I had to choose between her and my cats, though, I would pick any one of my cats over her. :(

Both my male minpin and my female minpin mix do hump things. They are both rescues, both fixed. They also drag their butts on the carpet occasionally, though not nearly as much as the sharpei. They do not drool.

So it depends on the dog.

None of my dogs puke as much as the cats do. Nor do they make a point of walking across my path when I'm coming down the stairs or rushing about doing chores. Nor do they jump on me in the middle of the night and give me an anxiety attack. Nor do they get up on the kitchen counters and the dining table.

: )

Have you tried expressing your butt-dragging dogs' anal glands?

Forum List

Back