First We Had "Legitimate Rape" from GOPer Akin - Now Jean Schmidt (R) Invents OPPORTUNITY RAPE

A “choice” to murder an innocent human being in cold blood. In this case, the innocent human being who became my sister.

That is a “choice” that should be denied everyone.
With the exception of the rare cases in which carrying a pregnancy to term would be fatal for the mother I generally agree.

I also believe there should be an exception for rape since the mother had no choice in becoming pregnant but I also think every effort should be made to convince her to choose adoption rather than abortion.

With the exception of the rare cases in which carrying a pregnancy to term would be fatal for the mother I generally agree.

I also believe there should be an exception for rape since the mother had no choice in becoming pregnant but I also think every effort should be made to convince her to choose adoption rather than abortion.
I have absolutely no issue with trying to convince a woman to choose life and to provide her with any help she needs to do so, but I could never support taking that choice from her.

I have absolutely no issue with trying to convince a woman to choose life and to provide her with any help she needs to do so, but I could never support taking that choice from her.
I certainly do unless the pregnancy results from rape or incest or has a high likelihood of killing her if she carries to term.

My oh my, how times have changed:

Roe vs. Wade was decided with a 7-2 vote, and not along partisan lines. Those who ruled in favor were as follows, with the president who nominated them and the party of that president indicated in parentheses:
  • Harry Blackmun (Nixon, R)
  • Lewis Powell (Nixon, R)
  • Warren Burger (Nixon, R)
  • William Brennan (Eisenhower, R)
  • Potter Stewart (Eisenhower, R)
  • Thurgood Marshall (LBJ, D)
  • William Douglas (FDR, D)
Those who dissented on Roe vs. Wade:
  • Byron White (Kennedy, D)
  • William Rehnquist (Nixon, R)

I really don't understand why the Republicans won't drop this stupid abortion issue already. It's like gun control for the Democrats. It's a political loser.

It's a "we hate women" issue. The anti-abortion movement is grounded in misogyny. They get to brand women who seek abortions as "murderers", and "sluts" They promote the idea that the ONLY women who are getting abortions are young, single, and have sex indiscriminately, and completely ignore the social and economic factors which drive abortion numbers in America.

In reality, abortion is an economic issue. Those who get abortions don't hate babies, nor are they promiscuous or immoral. They're poor. The overwhelming major live below the poverty level or just above it. 80% of women getting an abortion cite economic reasons.

The majority of women who get abortions are married or in a committed relationship, and they already have one or more children. They're getting an abortion because they can't afford to get fired/take time off work, to have another baby. And they can't afford to raise the baby once it's born.

Abortion numbers for Black and Hispanic women are higher than white women, because minorities are more likely to be poor, to lack health insurance, and/or to hold an hourly rated job with no maternity leave. The right claims it's because they're "immoral".

If right wingers really wanted to cut abortions, they could mandate health insurance, paid maternity leave for pregnant women, and subsidized child care. But since the point is simply to denigrate women who have abortions, not prevent abortions, none of that will happen.

I agree with that, in an abstract principle, but I fear that such a legal principle would give a vengeful rape victim a motive to have an abortion, just to condemn the rapist to death along with the innocent child.
Quite the contrary. Most rape claims are phony. Really. They are. If boyfriends knew they might be up for a manslaughter charge they might use a condom. Girls will not be so quick to yell rape if there were consequences. They will not name their "rapist". Name the baby daddy or have a baby.

Quite the contrary. Most rape claims are phony. Really. They are. If boyfriends knew they might be up for a manslaughter charge they might use a condom. Girls will not be so quick to yell rape if there were consequences. They will not name their "rapist". Name the baby daddy or have a baby.

Spoken like a man who is a clueless idiot. REALLY, YOU ARE.

Women are not quick to yell "rape". In fact, most women don't yell rape at all. We don't even report the rape. What would be the point? Fewer than 1 rapist in 1000 goes to jail.

You need to stop posting about thing you don't know anything about.

Many view abortion as a way of controlling the population of poor. Either give poor women an abortion or relieve her of the entirety of the burden of raising the child. Why not just take the kid! Give it to someone who wants and can afford a child. Or control the number of poor by killing them before they are born. It really makes sense if the poor are denied humanity. Face facts, the "poor" is a euphemism for black and Hispanic. We are systematically killing off generations of non whites and deliciously convincing them that it's what they want. In their best interests.

In 1970 blacks were 22% of the US population. Today they are 12% and that's with black immigration. This is what abortion and black on black murder did. If we could increase abortion, we might well wipe them out. Genocide with the full cooperation and participation of the people being erased.

Aren't you proud?

Spoken like a man who is a clueless idiot. REALLY, YOU ARE.

Women are not quick to yell "rape". In fact, most women don't yell rape at all. We don't even report the rape. What would be the point? Fewer than 1 rapist in 1000 goes to jail.

You need to stop posting about thing you don't know anything about.
Stupid idiot. It's the only way to describe such a brainless twit. Excuse me. That should have been twat.

No they don't report rape. It's not a rape. It's a careless sex partner. It only becomes rape when they want to justify an abortion.

Anti abortion doesn't begin to equal pro rapist.

I've had that discussion with women, not one of them who chose not to have an abortion regretted it later in life.
B.S. When a rapists get to have his baby born. What will stop a rapists from picking his victim on the terms he would love to see his children with her born.

OH Rep. Schmidt (R) on her abortion ban bill: "Rape is a difficult issue... but if a baby is created, it's human life. Whether that mother ends that pregnancy... the scars won't go away.

On rape she said, "It's a shame it happens, but there's an opportunity for women no matter how young or old..."

I think we all remember Todd Akin taking the mask off and saying the body had ways of "shutting down" (not sure what that means) a pregnancy in the case of LEGITIMATE RAPE. Well, the GOP has taken it a step further and Rep Schmidt says that that there is now OPPORTUNITY RAPE. What are your thoughts on a woman who was raped being forced to keep her baby for the sake of opportunity?

It's true under the stress of rape, many pregnancies are prevented by nature. Not all.
This said---you dippy anti abortion religious freak republicans---Abortion is a losing battle for you---something that truly irks most women even though most would not get an abortion themselves unless in cases of rape or deformed/dead fetus.

B.S. When a rapists get to have his baby born. What will stop a rapists from picking his victim on the terms he would love to see his children with her born.
You're fabricating bullshit you can't possibly support with any fact.

Rapists have no parental rights and usually won't ever be allowed around the woman or child.

It's true under the stress of rape, many pregnancies are prevented by nature. Not all.
This said---you dippy anti abortion religious freak republicans---Abortion is a losing battle for you---something that truly irks most women even though most would not get an abortion themselves unless in cases of rape or deformed/dead fetus.
A woman is only fertile about 5-6 days a month and sperm is only viable for about 72hrs so the odds of a pregnancy are no greater than about one in 24 to start with.

Forum List

Back