First ribeye loin grill

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
Always wanted to do it but it is so expensive. Last night I stopped by grocery store to get a couple things for chili and they had rib eyes on sale. Had 3 pound loins for 14 bucks. I jumped all over it. Got home and put it in salt and back in the fridge. I saved my trimmings for the juice but I don't really know what do past this point. Thought about mixing the trimmings with some Worcestershire sauce and some water, maybe some ale, and put it under the loin in the grill.
Any advice?

If you like it rare...
Season the outside with salt and pepper.
Roast in 250 deg oven until temp is 135.
Remove from oven.
Turn oven up to 500
Put roast back in until outside is seared.
You have to keep an eye on it at this point.
Can get smoky from the grease burning at high heat.

I like to keep it simple when it comes to good cuts of steak, and I would just season it with salt and pepper (maybe garlic salt or Adobo) and grill it until medium rare. Make gravy out of the trimmings and add a little beef broth and some flour to thicken it up and serve with mashed potatoes. You can't beat steak and potatoes! :)

If you like it rare...
Season the outside with salt and pepper.
Roast in 250 deg oven until temp is 135.
Remove from oven.
Turn oven up to 500
Put roast back in until outside is seared.
You have to keep an eye on it at this point.
Can get smoky from the grease burning at high heat.
That was basically my plan for the loin, except I was going to take it off at 130

I like to keep it simple when it comes to good cuts of steak, and I would just season it with salt and pepper (maybe garlic salt or Adobo) and grill it until medium rare. Make gravy out of the trimmings and add a little beef broth and some flour to thicken it up and serve with mashed potatoes. You can't beat steak and potatoes! :)
Adding biscuits to the menu to sop up the gravy makes your menu beatable.

of course not lol.
im going to put rosemary, garlic, pepper, salt and little parsley on it. IDK about flour though. Seems like you would want it thin?

of course not lol.
im going to put rosemary, garlic, pepper, salt and little parsley on it. IDK about flour though. Seems like you would want it thin?

I like my gravy thick! I don't like au jus. It's too watery.

For a ribeye I prefer an au jus, which you could add the trimmings to while making. Then remove afterwards.
of course not lol.

Adding biscuits to the menu to sop up the gravy makes your menu beatable.

I like biscuits, but the steak and potatoes are the best part, IMO. I love potatoes so much!

of course not lol.

Fair enough

For a ribeye I prefer an au jus, which you could add the trimmings to while making. Then remove afterwards.
of course not lol.
what would you do to it? Did my OP seem like I was on the right track? I have never done this and I never follow recipes or look shit up lol..

With a cut like a ribeye, that masks the taste for me. I want to savor the steak itself.
of course not lol.

I have an awesome recipe for twice baked potatoes. They must be like potatoes from Heaven. :)
I make some kill twice baked. My specialty, that literally makes people go "wow", is sliced and oven baked. I make love to them and they return the favor by making love to your mouth :D

With a cut like a ribeye, that masks the taste for me. I want to savor the steak itself.
of course not lol.

I don't put gravy on my steak. I use it for the taters! I make my own steak sauce and use that for steak.

Forum List

Back