First murder hornets nest in USA found

w that on my window ..I may have a stroke
I have seen scorpions and big spiders and snakes that don’t bother me

These Hornets scare the hell out of me
We have pretty good-sized Red Wasps here but they're not aggressive at all unless you provoke them. The worst ones I've seen are hornets and yellowjackets.
Yes YJ are aggressive
We have only scorpions in my desert

Huge news !!
One more is still left in NW Washington

These demons can kill a man
Whoa...this part from the article you posted:

After tagging the hornets, the researchers followed one of them to a heavily wooded area, where WSDA managing entomologist Sven Spichiger said the signal from the radio tag was the loudest. “At that point, I actually heard a hornet buzz over my head. … Then I heard another hornet buzz over my head, so I took a step back and realized we were actually standing right under the nest,” Spichiger said in a virtual news conference Friday afternoon.

As I said. Whoa. I am pretty much in shock for the moment with that exact visual in my head- I cannot even imagine!
These bug guys are very brave

We have only scorpions in my desert
My wife got stung by a little scorpion that was in her shoe at a lake one time- her leg was all swelled up. ...but I've never seen one. I find black widows and brown recluse spiders occasionally though. My worst encounter was with a jellyfish in South Carolina.

( actually when I was 10 some white face hornets got me up in Ohio--my face looked like a sumo wrestler)

I have occasionally seen "murder hornets" among other species of bees, wasps, yellowjackets, and hornets in the wild in both Washington and Alaska all my life, although this is denied by the mainstream media. The insect is "frightening" in superficial appearance, but unaggressive and similar in behavior and probably no more harmful than a bumblebee. This species of insect is almost undoubtedly no more native to Asia than America.
I believe somehow a 9/11-oriented "professional exterminator" played into a "little girl's" type of fear and vowed to exterminate this species of insect from the face of the earth even though it is very unlikely ever to have killed or maimed a human being with a sting more remarkable than that of any other bee or wasp.

So how did the first colony magically survive the journey over by ship to a port in the USA?

Forum List

Back