First Liberty Appeals Historic “Bible Verse Case” Case to Supreme Court

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Religious freedom for America’s military men and women is at stake, and could be strengthened or further restricted depending on whether the Supreme Court decides to hear United States v. Sterling.

First Liberty Institute filed a petition Friday, December 23 for the United States Supreme Court to make a decision in the case of LCpl Monifa Sterling, a Marine convicted at a court martial in 2013 for refusing an order to remove Bible verses from her personal workspace.

Sterling’s religious exercise of posting Bible verses in her personal work area has repeatedly been denied protection by lower military courts, including the Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces (CAAF) — the highest U.S. military court — which ruled against her in August.

First Liberty attorneys argue that Sterling’s right to post Bible verses is protected under the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) of 1993, a federal law that should apply to all American citizens.

But so far, every court to hear Sterling’s case has claimed that RFRA doesn’t protect Sterling’s right to display a Bible verse.
BREAKING: First Liberty Appeals Historic “Bible Verse Case” Case to Supreme Court

This is going to be interesting to watch go down.

I don't understand the reason for LCPL Sterling's superiors to issue such an order.

There is nothing that remotely violates the good order and discipline of the service by permitting those verses in her work space.

Hopefully Trump picks decent judges. I'd love to see Ted Cruz replace Scalia.

I hope Trump picks decent judges. If we can be blessed enough to see Ruth Badger Ginsturd releases her mortal coil and returns to hell, along with Breyer just going away the republic can be saved. The retirement of Kennedy and the release of whatever picture obozo had of Roberts fucking a sheep (or whatever they used to get Roberts to commit treason) and get him replaced as well will ensure the survival of the republic for a generation.

Far fetched I know, but then again moonbats hoped hitlery would get elected.

We can all dream.

Forum List

Back