First Felon unzipped ... Trump fails in his responsibility with petulant firing of Alexander Vindman

Lt. Col. Vindman was fired, along with his twin brother, for his courageous service to our nation.

He wasn't fired. Courageous service? B.S.

It took a lot of courage to do what he did, and he must have thought about it long and hard before laying his career, and possibly his safety, on the line. This he did for us. This guy in the Oval Office, who has isolated himself in there surrounded only by sycophants, has exhibited so many signs of mental illness and a desire for unlimited power that a principled stand was, and continues to be called for.

How can you Lefties criticize Trump for removing a subordinate who testified that Trump should be removed? What President, either party, would you expect to do otherwise??

Where were you people when Clinton fired 93 Attorneys General to get to one that was against him?

"Elections have consequences"
-Barack H Obama
So does standing up for the Constitution
Thank God we have Republican Party that does that. Just stopped a coup attempt against our constitutionally, democratically, elected executive branch.
he was not democratically elected, it was by electoral college....and impeachment is a constitutional process given solely to the House, and is not a coup. :rolleyes:
If us flyover people are so useless in an election why is it you dems have your first caucus in Iowa

Lt. Col. Vindman was fired, along with his twin brother, for his courageous service to our nation.

He wasn't fired. Courageous service? B.S.

It took a lot of courage to do what he did, and he must have thought about it long and hard before laying his career, and possibly his safety, on the line. This he did for us. This guy in the Oval Office, who has isolated himself in there surrounded only by sycophants, has exhibited so many signs of mental illness and a desire for unlimited power that a principled stand was, and continues to be called for.

What 'courage' did it take at all?

Petulance is what it took. Lt. Col. Vindman didn't like the fact he was being kept out of the loop as far as classified information was concerned because he was suspected of leaking.

He was left with not much more to do except play solitaire, surf smut and post on USMB on his computer for most of the day.

He resented it, and so he testified to gossip he heard in the office as well as his opinion about what his President "must be" doing.

Donald Trump has demonstrated that the GOP Senators who said that the impeachment would cause Donald Trump to temper his actions were dead wrong as Trump conducts a massacre of government officials who testified in the impeachment investigations.

The First Felon is unzipped and has no constraints on his criminal conduct.

Donald Trump was right when he said he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and not lose any support.

Share prices of pike manufacturers have gone through the roof.

Trump fails in his responsibility with petulant firing of Alexander Vindman

by Tom Rogan, February 07, 2020 04:31 PM

A president has the right to a national security team he trusts. A president also has the responsibility to put the best interests of the nation before his own.

Firing Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman on Friday, Trump acted as is his right but abandoned his responsibility.

To be sure, Vindman has become an inherently partisan figure. The moment the Army officer raised concerns about the propriety of a July White House meeting on Ukraine and later a July phone call between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, he risked entering an inherently political space. That became inevitable once the Democratic-controlled House of Representatives launched impeachment proceedings.

Still, there is little evidence that Vindman acted outside the established reporting procedures in raising his concerns, and Vindman's service record as an Army officer suggests that he is first and foremost a patriot. We pay our military officers to make very tough calls in the nation's best interest. Vindman believed, credibly, that he was doing so.

For that reason, he was due more respect from his commander in chief than that which he received on Friday.

Team Trump sees things differently, of course, but Trump's supporters should remember that the president is not a king. ...
Personally I'm investing in pitchfork and torch futures....

You're going to be pretty lonely out there all by yourself.

I'm an old codger, and I cannot recall a time in my life when the country has been run more smoothly or better. All this in spite of the vicious, shameful attacks by the Democrats who see any chance of leadership anytime in the foreseeable future, swirling down the drain.
More smoothly?

What country do you live in?

You betcha! Don't you just love it?

All this in spite of the vicious, shameful attacks by the Democrats who see any chance of leadership anytime in the foreseeable future, swirling down the drain.

Did you see it? Job numbers came out today. More terrible news for Democrats! So sorry!

Blowout: U.S. Economy Created 225,000 Jobs in January
JOHN CARNEY 7 Feb 2020
Economists had expected the economy to add 160,000 jobs. December’s figure was revised up from 145,000 to 147,000.
I'm reaching the point where I begin to suspect the accuracy of the job numbers.

Donald Trump has demonstrated that the GOP Senators who said that the impeachment would cause Donald Trump to temper his actions were dead wrong as Trump conducts a massacre of government officials who testified in the impeachment investigations.

Donald Trump was right when he said he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and not lose any support.

I'm an old codger, and I cannot recall a time in my life when the country has been run more smoothly or better. All this in spite of the vicious, shameful attacks by the Democrats who see any chance of leadership anytime in the foreseeable future, swirling down the drain.
More smoothly?

All this in spite of the vicious, shameful attacks by the Democrats who see any chance of leadership anytime in the foreseeable future, swirling down the drain.

Did you see it? Job numbers came out today. More terrible news for Democrats! So sorry!

JOHN CARNEY 7 Feb 2020
Economists had expected the economy to add 160,000 jobs. December’s figure was revised up from 145,000 to 147,000.
I'm reaching the point where I begin to suspect the accuracy of the job numbers.

The job numbers are a statistical estimate based on samplings, not a precise census or tally. They have never been 100% accurate and never could be

More smoothly?

JOHN CARNEY 7 Feb 2020

You are deluded. Trump's stooges have been cooking the books and revise down job numbers after the spotlight goes off the numbers.

Obama's job record is evidently very superior to Trump's

EQLVCMPU4AAKKi2

Trump’s Jobs Record Is Weaker Than Everyone Thought

... President Donald Trump has always exaggerated the strength of his jobs record, claiming to have brought about an unprecedented hiring boom when, in fact, payrolls have been growing at a somewhat slower pace than they had been during Barack Obama’s final years in office. But it turns out, the reality of it was even weaker than the official data let on.

On Friday, the Bureau of Labor Statistics released its latest batch of employment numbers, along with its annual benchmark revisions adjusting its estimates from prior months. Before, the government believed that the U.S. had added 223,000 jobs per month in 2018, the year that the GOP’s tax cuts and new, higher spending levels took effect. It has now lowered that estimate to 193,000 per month, a significant drop. ...
Remember back in August when the revised the whole year down by 500,000 all at once?

More smoothly?

JOHN CARNEY 7 Feb 2020

The job numbers are a statistical estimate based on samplings, not a precise census or tally. They have never been 100% accurate and never could be
Remember back in August when the revised the whole year (2019) down by half a million? That's 25% of the whole years growth. As if 3 months had 0 jobs created. It's not the first large correction either. The tRump *administration* puts out high numbers and then quietly corrects them downward when the spotlight is off.

It's basically just another tRumpian lie.

More smoothly?

JOHN CARNEY 7 Feb 2020

The unemployment rate is beginning to rise again.

The only booming businesses are those supplying legal services to Donald Trump and associates.

More smoothly?

JOHN CARNEY 7 Feb 2020

Be careful or you will slime your Prince outfit with Donald Trump's bullshit.

A president has the right to a national security team he trusts. A president also has the responsibility to put the best interests of the nation before his own.

Firing Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman on Friday, Trump acted as is his right but abandoned his responsibility.

To be sure, Vindman has become an inherently partisan figure. The moment the Army officer raised concerns about the propriety of a July White House meeting on Ukraine and later a July phone call between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, he risked entering an inherently political space. That became inevitable once the Democratic-controlled House of Representatives launched impeachment proceedings.

Still, there is little evidence that Vindman acted outside the established reporting procedures in raising his concerns, and Vindman's service record as an Army officer suggests that he is first and foremost a patriot. We pay our military officers to make very tough calls in the nation's best interest. Vindman believed, credibly, that he was doing so.

For that reason, he was due more respect from his commander in chief than that which he received on Friday.

Team Trump sees things differently, of course, but Trump's supporters should remember that the president is not a king. ...
Did anyone really think Vindeman was going to stay in the WH?!

More smoothly?

JOHN CARNEY 7 Feb 2020

The unemployment rate is beginning to rise again.

The only booming businesses are those supplying legal services to Donald Trump and associates.

A 1/10 of 1% rise in unemployment for one month only isn't very much. I guess its something that libs can hope on, but its a pretty weak signal, and it doesn't seem very likely to me that the Liberals will get the Economic Collapse they are hoping for in 2020.

Some people may have thought that it would be easier to keep an eye on Vindman if he was in the WH and make sure he stayed in the dark. As Marlon Brando told Al Pacino "Keep your friends closer, but your enemies closer"

More smoothly?

JOHN CARNEY 7 Feb 2020

Be careful or you will slime your Prince outfit with Donald Trump's bullshit.
pot kettle

Some people may have thought that it would be easier to keep an eye on Vindman if he was in the WH and make sure he stayed in the dark. As Marlon Brando told Al Pacino "Keep your friends closer, but your enemies closer"
No, you give Vindeman an office in the Pentagon overseeing blanket supplies for the Ukrainians.

No, you give Vindeman an office in the Pentagon overseeing blanket supplies for the Ukrainians.

That's apparently just what the President did. But I'm just pointing out that there are different trains of thought on the issue.

If I were advising President Trump, I'd would have ordered Vindman to command a Shit Shoveling Battalion in Louisiana.

What law did he break, Chuckles?
since Vindman worked with the IC, maybe this one?

Presidential Policy Directive – 19 (PPD-19), Protecting Whistleblowers with Access to Classified Information, also provides protections for IC employees against personnel actions taken in reprisal for lawfully participating in the whistleblowing process. In addition, employees and contractors are protected from reprisals in the security clearance adjudication process. PPD-19 requires that the agency inspector general review whistleblower reprisal allegations in violation of PPD-19. Further, PPD-19 allows employees and contractors to seek an external review from the ICIG of their reprisal allegations once they have exhausted their own agency’s review process.
The whistlegossip had no need to know what Vindman told him....Vindman blatantly violated military laws and protocols regarding privileged information.....He deserves a court martial and dishonorable discharge.

Security Clearances and Security Violations

By a jury of your ilk, lip-service patriots.

A jury of SAC men (my "ilk") would send that chump to Leavenworth, jackass.

SAC. Smart bombs, dumb bombardiers.
Your puerile twaddle notwithstanding, SAC men and women know full well how to and not to handle classified information....Vindman blatantly violated those regs and laws, and deserves to be nowhere better than behind bars.

Forum List

Back