First Amendment or 'Racism'?

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Seem that this sort of thing is happening practically daily.
There should be some sort of understanding about what is the 'crime of racism' versus what is free speech.

"SMITHFIELD, R.I. (WPRI) — Bryant University is investigating after a student’s attempt at a stand-up comedy routine sparked allegations of racism.

The incident, which was recorded on cell phone video and widely shared on social media, happened during an open mic event put on by Bryant’s campus radio station on Thursday.

In the video, the unidentified male student can be heard saying, “White people, we can’t really tell black people what to do any more. We used to be able to do that. But we can’t anymore. I’m just jealous about the fact that black people are allowed to physically assault their children and I’m not.”

The university’s Bias Incident Committee says it determined a bias incident did occur, ...

“I thought it was disgusting,” Bryant University junior John Martin, told Eyewitness News. “There’s no place at Bryant for that stuff and nobody feels like that. There’s just one bad egg that makes us look bad.”

On Friday, Bryant’s president, Ronald Machtley alerted students and faculty to the incident, saying “the committee will continue to hear witness testimony on Monday to understand the total context of the performance, in order to determine the full magnitude of the bias incident.”

Once the review is complete, the committee will submit the findings to the vice president of student affairs and the vice president of human resources for a follow-up student conduct review.

“People want the administration to do something about it and stop these events, but at the same time, it’s freedom of speech, so it’s a multi-layered issue,” Martin said."
Bryant University investigating racial bias incident at school event

“I believe we’re in a political climate where people are actively looking for ways to be offended by everything”
Tomi Lahren

The real racism in this country is the underlying belief by "liberals" that African Americans can never measure up to White standards and must be treated like emotionally disturbed children.

The real racism in this country is the underlying belief by "liberals" that African Americans can never measure up to White standards and must be treated like emotionally disturbed children.

I have said before that it is a grave error to allow those who claim to be 'offended' to set the standards of society.
We should add the motto "Get Over It" to our currency. We’ve always had crazy people in America, but we didn’t used to take their guidance.

Hoaxes, violence and ending free speech......the core values of Liberals.

Interesting since we keep hearing from the RIGHT that black voters are too stupid to know they are on a "plantation".

Interesting since we keep hearing from the RIGHT that black voters are too stupid to know they are on a "plantation".

That's kind of vague.

Let's keep to specifics.

Are you in favor of restricting speech?

It's difficult announcing your beliefs when doing so would label you as a Fascist, huh?

Forum List

Back