Fine. Stop Working.

A good prison system reforms people into becoming honest hard working members of society when they get out. Teaching people crafts and trades is a big part of that. And just working hard for 8 hours on basic tasks is a big part of that process.

Do you think we have a “good” prison system now?
America has a terrible prison system. There some prisons that are better, but as a whole they fail in the purpose they are supposed to accomplish.

By your definition, we have a “good” system; we try to rehab these thugs who have no interest in rehab. Which is why I say, let them read old textbooks. If they need to get a diploma, televise a teacher into the class and use scan/e-mail technology for them to examine and grade… Beyond that; we shouldn’t be spending a dime helping these folks get a leg up on students who can’t afford/don’t have access to training like the prison industries give these people for free.
Your ignorance is noted.

My ignorance? You say that we should be rehabilitating people who have no interest in rehabilitation. So I’ll take your indignation as a badge of honor.
You are a classic fool. You can't rehabilitate people who refuse to go along. Many convicts want a life of crime. I have had them tell to my face that they don't give a shit about schools and rehab and church, that what they do like is dealing drugs and having a lot of cash. Short sighted at best.

Like I said, you never been in a prison probably, you never worked in one, never been around convicted felons, but you pretend to know how to deal with them when you have no facts, no clues, no nothing. In other words, you are a prefect liberal.

Why not sell the fish at market price? That way it evens the playing field.
We pay for those prisons one way or another whether through taxes or lost trash picking jobs on the highway,all you can really do is try to limit the expense to the tax payers.
Having them grow and raise their own food is the best way I can think of to lower those costs and at the same time giving the inmate a sense of pride through work.

Since there are 0.00 companies vying for contracts to pick up trash on the highways, thats great. They can do that.
When you take jobs away from people who didn’t commit a crime, I have a problem with that. When you turn a profit based on use of slave/convict labor, that is (or should be) illegal.
You lie again cornydog. Incarcerated felons are not slave labor no matter how many liberal scum lie and say otherwise. You are just another clueless shill who promotes crime by railing against prisons that keep even bigger scum than you off the streets.

But you don't work in a prison, probably have never been in one and definitely have no idea what you are talking about. In other words, you are a perfect liberal.

So what you’re saying is that this prison tilapia farm was paying their inmates minimum wage or the same that private sector folks were paying theirs?

Actually they were making $0.60 a day.

Prisoners raise fish for fine markets

But you’ll gloss right over that and get back to your one trick…personal insults. In other words, you’re the perfect conservative; immune to facts, reason, and information that doesn’t fit your world view.
You have no facts, no reason, and no experience. Yet you pretend like you know something. In other words, you are a perfect liberal.

I just sourced my assertions… to which you (as predicted) glossed right over it. You’re just here to insult people and try to make them as miserable as you obviously are. Again, a perfect bitter old white dude.
Yet I have the experience in a prison, and you don't. Typical deflection when you have no facts, attack the person who does. Classic liberal. Go work in a prison if you can pass the background and mental evals.

And if you do work in one, and IF you are even a woman, and even then a halfway attractive one, LOOKOUT!

Since there are 0.00 companies vying for contracts to pick up trash on the highways, thats great. They can do that.
When you take jobs away from people who didn’t commit a crime, I have a problem with that. When you turn a profit based on use of slave/convict labor, that is (or should be) illegal.
You lie again cornydog. Incarcerated felons are not slave labor no matter how many liberal scum lie and say otherwise. You are just another clueless shill who promotes crime by railing against prisons that keep even bigger scum than you off the streets.

But you don't work in a prison, probably have never been in one and definitely have no idea what you are talking about. In other words, you are a perfect liberal.

So what you’re saying is that this prison tilapia farm was paying their inmates minimum wage or the same that private sector folks were paying theirs?

But you’ll gloss right over that and get back to your one trick…personal insults. In other words, you’re the perfect conservative; immune to facts, reason, and information that doesn’t fit your world view.
You have no facts, no reason, and no experience. Yet you pretend like you know something. In other words, you are a perfect liberal.

I just sourced my assertions… to which you (as predicted) glossed right over it. You’re just here to insult people and try to make them as miserable as you obviously are. Again, a perfect bitter old white dude.
Yet I have the experience in a prison, and you don't. Typical deflection when you have no facts, attack the person who does. Classic liberal. Go work in a prison if you can pass the background and mental evals.

No thanks. I’ll leave that to people like you. I can’t think of anything more appropriate than garbage like you working with garbage like them.

Ah yes, attack the messenger.
I had a trainee who was majoring in criminal justice who was a know nothing like you. When I had her working with me, she told me how bad she thought all the guards were and how poorly the prison treated the convicts. She worked there two years, and when she quit, she was a different person concerning her views on prisons. Not saying there isn't any reform that can be done, just that people who run off at the mouth without have been there and done that are completely clueless, AKA, the perfect liberal.

No thanks. I’ll leave that to people like you. I can’t think of anything more appropriate than garbage like you working with garbage like them.

Do you think we have a “good” prison system now?
America has a terrible prison system. There some prisons that are better, but as a whole they fail in the purpose they are supposed to accomplish.

By your definition, we have a “good” system; we try to rehab these thugs who have no interest in rehab. Which is why I say, let them read old textbooks. If they need to get a diploma, televise a teacher into the class and use scan/e-mail technology for them to examine and grade… Beyond that; we shouldn’t be spending a dime helping these folks get a leg up on students who can’t afford/don’t have access to training like the prison industries give these people for free.
Your ignorance is noted.

My ignorance? You say that we should be rehabilitating people who have no interest in rehabilitation. So I’ll take your indignation as a badge of honor.
You are a classic fool. You can't rehabilitate people who refuse to go along. Many convicts want a life of crime. I have had them tell to my face that they don't give a shit about schools and rehab and church, that what they do like is dealing drugs and having a lot of cash. Short sighted at best.

Like I said, you never been in a prison probably, you never worked in one, never been around convicted felons, but you pretend to know how to deal with them when you have no facts, no clues, no nothing. In other words, you are a prefect liberal.

Gee, thanks for making the point I have made 7 times in this thread already.

Your ignorance is noted.

You might be the quintessential liberal after that last remark.

Why not sell the fish at market price? That way it evens the playing field.
We pay for those prisons one way or another whether through taxes or lost trash picking jobs on the highway,all you can really do is try to limit the expense to the tax payers.
Having them grow and raise their own food is the best way I can think of to lower those costs and at the same time giving the inmate a sense of pride through work.

Libtard ROE

1. Demand a link or an explanation of the truth you are objecting to.

2. Promptly reject all explanations as right wing lies.

3. Ignore any facts presented.

4. Ridicule spelling and typos.

5. Attack the person as being juvenile, ie: "are you 12 years old", question their education, intelligence.

6. Employ misdirection, smear people, attack religion

7. Lie, make false assumptions

8. Play race/gender card

9. Play gay/lesbian card

10. Play the Nazi card

11. Make up stuff

12. Deny constantly

13. Reword and repeat

Classic liberal! Winner!

Your ignorance is noted.

“we try to rehab these thugs who have no interest in rehab.” —Candycorn from earlier this morning.

Not sure why you’re arguing with me when we agree except that you’re just here to call people names…. typical conserve-hate-ive.

Your ignorance is noted.

“we try to rehab these thugs who have no interest in rehab.” —Candycorn from earlier this morning.

Not sure why you’re arguing with me when we agree except that you’re just here to call people names…. typical conserve-hate-ive.
Yet you refer to them as thugs. Laughable. That was not your quote it was someone elses.

I always look at this from a different angle than most.

Most (if not all) people here assume everyone is guilty, but there are an estimated 30,000 innocent people in prison right now. It's bad enough we lock them up like animals but then we force them to work slave labor jobs? Someone as innocent (or more innocent) than you?

I'm torn on this one. I can see it from both sides.
If they are being fed and housed they should work for it. Many or most in prison have pled down their cases in the first place then with decent behavior get out early, unless it's federal.

They don't just grab people and incarcerate them for shits and giggles. There's a reason we need to isolate them from society. And I wouldn't insult animals comparing them, animals mean no harm.

Are you denying that tens of thousands of innocent people are incarcerated right now?

Jailed but Innocent: Record Number of People Exonerated in 2015

In fact a record number of people are being exonerated.

You act like everyone in prison is a murderer who dismembered children. You do realize you can get a life sentence from repeatedly writing bad checks?

Me thinks you need to take a closer look at the "justice" system.

Most (if not all) people here assume everyone is guilty, but there are an estimated 30,000 innocent people in prison right now. It's bad enough we lock them up like animals but then we force them to work slave labor jobs? Someone as innocent (or more innocent) than you?

If they are being fed and housed they should work for it. Many or most in prison have pled down their cases in the first place then with decent behavior get out early, unless it's federal.

They don't just grab people and incarcerate them for shits and giggles. There's a reason we need to isolate them from society. And I wouldn't insult animals comparing them, animals mean no harm.

Are you denying that tens of thousands of innocent people are incarcerated right now?

LOL! Being fed by the liberal media is a not a badge of honor, it's a disease. You appear to be infected with it. You don't know jack about whose in prison, but when I worked there 90 percent of them said they were innocent.

LOL! Being fed by the liberal media is a not a badge of honor, it's a disease. You appear to be infected with it. You don't know jack about whose in prison, but when I worked there 90 percent of them said they were innocent.

Explain this.

The number of innocent people is not derived by the number of people who say they are innocent. We have over 2 million people behind bars. If ONE PERCENT of these are innocent, just 1 out of 100, we have locked up over 20,000 innocent people. That's the population of a decent sized city.

Explain this.

So the system works then? WTF are you crying about?

It works? Locking up 20,000 innocent people is good to you? I guess that's why I left the republican party, they can't seem to think with their brains. Fox news has to be their sole source of information.

I promise you'd be singing a different tune if the FBI showed up at your door and locked you up for something your neighbor tapped into your wifi and did.

But you're too stupid to think that deeply. It's an inmate, so they are:

1. Guilty
2. A murderer
3. Scum
4. Awful
5. Terrible
6. Horrible
7. Deserve whatever they get

I'm sure I left some out.

It works? Locking up 20,000 innocent people is good to you? I guess that's why I left the republican party, they can't seem to think with their brains. Fox news has to be their sole source of information.

Typical liberal deflection. You have no idea why those people were arrested and incarcerated, no idea what any facts in those cases were, completely ignore the fact that they were released, proving the system works. AKA, a perfect liberal. Knows nothing and ignores the facts, the facts that YOU provided. LOL! Tick tok.

In fact a record number of people are being exonerated.

You act like everyone in prison is a murderer who dismembered children. You do realize you can get a life sentence from repeatedly writing bad checks?

Me thinks you need to take a closer look at the "justice" system.
I didn't make the claims you dishonestly pinned on me and no, I don't believe tens of thousands are unjustly incarcerated.

Explain this.

The number of innocent people is not derived by the number of people who say they are innocent. We have over 2 million people behind bars. If ONE PERCENT of these are innocent, just 1 out of 100, we have locked up over 20,000 innocent people. That's the population of a decent sized city.
150 people falls a bit short of your tens of thousands claim. And a number of those falsely confessed. So no sale.

150 people falls a bit short of your tens of thousands claim. And a number of those falsely confessed. So no sale.

A study conducted by Ohio State University estimates 10,000 innocent people PER YEAR are locked up. The most common reason: Eyewitness misidentification.

https://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/ronhuff.htm

Studies have been done that say between 2.5 and 5 percent of people arrested are innocent. For every percent, that is 10,000 people.

How Many People Are Wrongly Convicted? Researchers Do the Math.

The staggering number of wrongful convictions in America

Last year, a study I co-authored on the issue was published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. It shows that 4.1 percent of defendants who are sentenced to death in the United States are later shown to be innocent: 1 in 25.

If you support this and think this is ok, you are nothing more than a murder loving republican who is just as guilty as the person who actually killed someone. Because if you support the state killing an innocent man, then you mine as well support the murderer doing the same. Killing innocent people is not better when done under the auspices of a "death sentence."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back