DJ30

Rookie
Sep 27, 2017
Virginia
Greetings everyone. I am helping a spouse try to find people who may have known her husband and can make a statement for his Veterans Benefits Case. He was in the United States Army in the 1950s. Unfortunately, most of his military records have been destroyed, which is why I am posting here. He was with the 826th EAB at Wolters Air Force Base, Texas at the 498th Engineer Aviation Brigade. His name was Walter Pilch.
Mr. Pilch told his wife Maria that he was a demolitions expert while he was in the military. Because of that job, he developed some serious health conditions. The service records that survived do not contain information regarding what his duties were while he was serving in the Army. We were hoping that someone might remember Mrs. Pilch’s husband Walter and might be able to provide her with some information regarding what he did during his military service. If anyone remembers, please contact me at [email protected]. I also have pictures that I can send if you email me. Thank you.

Attachments

• img011.jpg
    img011.jpg
    464.6 KB · Views: 129
  • img012.jpg
    img012.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 122
  • img013.jpg
    img013.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 132
  • img014.jpg
    img014.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 124
  • img015.jpg
    img015.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 121
  • img021.jpg
    img021.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 130
  • img022.jpg
    img022.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 125
Commendations were purportedly not caught in the records fire. Check with her for medals or ribbons on any old uniforms. Another place to check is with unit associations. hope that helps.

Greetings everyone. I am helping a spouse try to find people who may have known her husband and can make a statement for his Veterans Benefits Case. He was in the United States Army in the 1950s. Unfortunately, most of his military records have been destroyed, which is why I am posting here. He was with the 826th EAB at Wolters Air Force Base, Texas at the 498th Engineer Aviation Brigade. His name was Walter Pilch.
Mr. Pilch told his wife Maria that he was a demolitions expert while he was in the military. Because of that job, he developed some serious health conditions. The service records that survived do not contain information regarding what his duties were while he was serving in the Army. We were hoping that someone might remember Mrs. Pilch’s husband Walter and might be able to provide her with some information regarding what he did during his military service. If anyone remembers, please contact me at [email protected]. I also have pictures that I can send if you email me. Thank you.

BUMP

Forum List

Back