Find another Church or start one of your own...

Right after I became reborn in 1984, I was baptized at the Episcopal church, and at that time, I met my wife, Patricia, at a service. We married in 1991, and her brother became a minister in the Episcopal church in the mid-nineties so I have a lot of experience with them. Patricia has remained very active in that church until now. Gay pastors was still an issue with them before the year 2000 but did not cause that much controversy even then. Now no one in that church cares much about it. The Catholic church is very different.

I wouldn't want to be associated with people who swear by a Book that says I was an Abomination if I were Gay...

Those who Disregard that Book and Claim to Believe it are at Great Risk in their Faith by saying that Homosexuality is OK and even more that it should be given Equal Sanction with Man and Wife in the Church.

But then again the Goal is not to be part of the Church, it's Ultimately to Destroy it.

Eventually the Bible will be considered Hate Speech and like View as the same as the Turner Diaries... And Legislation will probably follow.

I wouldn't be Surprised if it was in my Lifetime.

:)

peace...

Young Americans Losing Their Religion

While these young "nones" may not belong to a church, they are not necessarily atheists.

"Many of them are people who would otherwise be in church," Putnam said. "They have the same attitidues and values as people who are in church, but they grew up in a period in which being religious meant being politically conservative, especially on social issues."

Putnam says that in the past two decades, many young people began to view organized religion as a source of "intolerance and rigidity and doctrinaire political views," and therefore stopped going to church.

Youth Turned Off by Religion and Politics, Turn Away From Church

Churches will adapt or die.

If Churches adapt, they aren't Churches at all. They are social groups. It is not up to the Church to adjust beliefs and teachings to conform to a whimsical public. It's the other way around.

West LA is a University area. UCLA brings a LOT of young people to the area. There is no shortage of church going young people. The Churches are growing. They have overflowed the Church buildings and have services in school auditoriums. I wouldn't exactly believe whatever liberals tell me. It's not like they have a reputation for telling the truth.

If it was a Catholic church they would have just transferred him somewhere else where he could perform other gay marriages.

There are consequences to your choices. You can't preach against the core values of morality in a Church and be that Church's pastor.

Your actions have consequences. This is a universal truth. It's a natural law.

Young Americans Losing Their Religion

While these young "nones" may not belong to a church, they are not necessarily atheists.

"Many of them are people who would otherwise be in church," Putnam said. "They have the same attitidues and values as people who are in church, but they grew up in a period in which being religious meant being politically conservative, especially on social issues."

Putnam says that in the past two decades, many young people began to view organized religion as a source of "intolerance and rigidity and doctrinaire political views," and therefore stopped going to church.

Youth Turned Off by Religion and Politics, Turn Away From Church

Churches will adapt or die.

^At least this one is Honest about the Goal...

Thanks to those who fell asleep and let this start.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJlN9jdQFSc]Johnny Cash - God's Gonna Cut You Down - YouTube[/ame]

Enjoy this Earth... It is all you have... And that time is Disturbingly short.

:thup:

peace...

I wouldn't want to be associated with people who swear by a Book that says I was an Abomination if I were Gay...

That same book says eating lobster is an abomination. So is bacon.

So...good luck with that.

That same book says eating lobster is an abomination. So is bacon.

So...good luck with that.

Jewish Cerimonial Law and Moral Law are not in the same parts of Leviticus.

Go ahead and show me how 18 is Analagous to the others... and God Speaks more Harshly of Homosexuality than he does Beastiality... Fact not Fiction.

18 is not Analagous to the Cerimonial Law Chapters... You know that... Probably hoping your Inaccuracy would go unchallenged.

You Failed. :thup:

peace...

Reform Judaism is tolerant of gays, but does not eat pork.

Saint Paul condemns homosexuality and masturbation in the same breath.

So if one is going to be judged as one judges, I guess a lot of homophobic masturbators are going to be spending eternity with a lot of homosexuals in Hell. :lol:

Religion is not a popularity contest.

And it shouldn't be chaining itself to government policy or to a party. When either becomes superannuated, the religion goes down with it.

Last edited:
The Bible mentions eating shrimp as a sin 8 times. Homosexuality? Twice. I hope none of the USMB homophobes like shrimp...

It strikes me as so hypocritical of those who profess their faith or religion the most have the least compassion for those that are in need or those that need understanding or help.
A faith of convenience is not a faith at all.

Religion is not a popularity contest.

And it shouldn't be chaining itself to government policy or to a party. When either becomes superannuated, the religion goes down with it.

Not even close. The religion isn't going anyplace. The government might go, but not the religion. Unless of course the government IS the religion and obama is the messiah, then when he goes, the religion will go too.

Forum List

Back