Finally, A President Willing To Cut Off Boomers' Social Security And Medicare Charity

If politicians ever end social security without compensating Americans who have paid into it for decades, if Americans lose all that money, Americans need to drag millionaire politicians like Pelosi, Schumer, etc...out into the streets, seize their MULTIPLE HOMES, their $25k fridges, etc...until we get OUR money back.

You didn't "pay into" social security any more than you "paid into" military spending. No money was ever saved. It was spent as it came in like all other taxes. There is no "trust fund," Virginia. There is a bunch of IOUs written from the general fund to itself.

Best thing we could do is kill that Ponzi scheme
You have Zero understanding of what the Trist Fund is or how SSI is funded... unless you’re lying

" A trust fund is a legal entity that holds property or assets on behalf of another person, group or organization "

Note that there are assets in a trust fund is part of the definition of a trust fund. So since social security has no assets, it's not a trust fund.

Claim: Lesh is an idiot. <<<<<< - Fact check: We determine this to be true ...
Hey asshole...Treasury Bills most certainly ARE assets

You need to shut the fuck up

President Donald Trump on Saturday afternoon openly vowed to permanently "terminate" the funding mechanism for both Social Security and Medicare if reelected in November.

The Trump campaign was apparently so satisfied with the public acknowledgement of the president's promise to make the payroll tax permanent—a move that would inherently bankrupt the Social Security system—that it clipped the portion of the press conference and shared on social media immediately after it concluded.

Getting Baby Boomers off the federal dole will be the greatest accomplishment by any U.S. president of the past 100 years.

Workers can now spend the money the government had held for their retirement from the first day of their employment. Waiting until later years to begin saving for one's old age is a much more viable system, since everyone will be diligent in this effort.

You realize that social security is just a government mandated Ponzi scheme. You find an initial group of investors, then find a second larger group of investors to pay off the first group, then find an even larger to pay off the 2nd group, and so on. The problem with ponzi schemes is that you get to a point where you never have a large enough group of investors to pay off the previous groups of investors. We’ve hit that point long ago. Social security was projected to go bankrupt in a decade back when Obama was still president. Pensions for government Union workers are also ponzi schemes, which is why a judge ordered Chicago to pay pensions for police, firefighters, and other city workers even though the cost is Chicago’s entire budget...on the pensions alone. The solution to a ponzi schemes is not to keep pumping money into the system. You don’t want to turn into Chicago where the city kept promising to deliver money at a later date that it knew it wouldn’t ever have. Social security was always going to need a reform. Ages to receive benefits pushed up, and privatization opt out systems that would be completely tax free in order to incentivize use of the private system. I’m 30, there’s no way in hell im ever going to see the money that I put into social security. Mathematically it isn’t going to happen.

The entitlement programs we put into place many decades ago have been growing into unsustainable monsters. They alone make up more than 60% of the fed budget. They continue to grow at an alarming rate. The answer is not to throw more money at it. Especially considering it’s the very same Federal government that misspent 1 trillion from 2006-2016. Misspent not meaning wasteful spending on clown collages in Argentina (yes we are giving money to clown collages in Argentina) but money going to the wrong places, double charging, or just straight up disappearing. Think about that. The government essentially lost 1 trillion in ten years. It took apple 40 years to become the most wealthy business in human history valued at 1 trillion. Government lost what the most wealthy business is worth in 10 years. It lost a full 1/3 of tax revenues it receives yearly. 5% of the national GDP was disappeared by the government. That’s something to get enraged about.

The solution is NOT to keep throwing money at the government. It’s to demand government get its shit together, cut back on spending, streamline, stop passing omnibus budgets, stop being a cesspool for fraud, stop passing regulations by big companies for big companies at the expense of small ones, have a balanced budget amendment...and oh yeah, fucking reform these damn programs that we know for a fact are going to bankrupt us in a matter of decades. They’re spending like a spoiled 20 year old girl with daddy’s credit card. It’s ridiculous.

And the GOP attack on Social Security and Medicare kicks into high gear

I'm for cutting off Social Security for everyone under 25yo - no more AFTER everyone above that who has actually paid into if for at least 20 years gets theirs paid.

You snowflakes seem to believe that the government is giving recipients government money each month, that they are doing recipients a favor by doing so. Those who believe that are just f*ing STUPID.

I HAVE PAID INTO SOCIAL SECURITY WITH THE PROMISE IT WOULD BE PROTECTED AND THERE FOR ME WHEN I RETIRE FOR 40 YEARS.

ITS NOT THE GOVERNMENTS MONEY - ITS MINE!

I don't know about you idiots who think killing SS without reimbursing anyone who has paid in is a good idea, but doing so would amount to THE LARGEST PONZI SCHEME IN WORLD HISTORY.

A man is sitting in prison right now for doing what is being suggested.

Screw that....

Tell you what...cut me a check right now for HALF of the money I have paid into SS, and you can do whatever you want with SS.

If you are a Baby Boomer, the president is finally ending your free ride.
Someone clearly doesn’t understand how social security works. If he’s a boomer, he’s been paying into the system for his entire life with the promise that he’ll receive that money, or at least some of it, in his retirement years. There’s nothing “free” about it. Do you have a job? Do you get paychecks? It’ll clearly show how much is being withdrawn weekly for social security.

President Donald Trump on Saturday afternoon openly vowed to permanently "terminate" the funding mechanism for both Social Security and Medicare if reelected in November.

The Trump campaign was apparently so satisfied with the public acknowledgement of the president's promise to make the payroll tax permanent—a move that would inherently bankrupt the Social Security system—that it clipped the portion of the press conference and shared on social media immediately after it concluded.

Getting Baby Boomers off the federal dole will be the greatest accomplishment by any U.S. president of the past 100 years.

Workers can now spend the money the government had held for their retirement from the first day of their employment. Waiting until later years to begin saving for one's old age is a much more viable system, since everyone will be diligent in this effort.

You realize that social security is just a government mandated Ponzi scheme. You find an initial group of investors, then find a second larger group of investors to pay off the first group, then find an even larger to pay off the 2nd group, and so on. The problem with ponzi schemes is that you get to a point where you never have a large enough group of investors to pay off the previous groups of investors. We’ve hit that point long ago. Social security was projected to go bankrupt in a decade back when Obama was still president. Pensions for government Union workers are also ponzi schemes, which is why a judge ordered Chicago to pay pensions for police, firefighters, and other city workers even though the cost is Chicago’s entire budget...on the pensions alone. The solution to a ponzi schemes is not to keep pumping money into the system. You don’t want to turn into Chicago where the city kept promising to deliver money at a later date that it knew it wouldn’t ever have. Social security was always going to need a reform. Ages to receive benefits pushed up, and privatization opt out systems that would be completely tax free in order to incentivize use of the private system. I’m 30, there’s no way in hell im ever going to see the money that I put into social security. Mathematically it isn’t going to happen.

The entitlement programs we put into place many decades ago have been growing into unsustainable monsters. They alone make up more than 60% of the fed budget. They continue to grow at an alarming rate. The answer is not to throw more money at it. Especially considering it’s the very same Federal government that misspent 1 trillion from 2006-2016. Misspent not meaning wasteful spending on clown collages in Argentina (yes we are giving money to clown collages in Argentina) but money going to the wrong places, double charging, or just straight up disappearing. Think about that. The government essentially lost 1 trillion in ten years. It took apple 40 years to become the most wealthy business in human history valued at 1 trillion. Government lost what the most wealthy business is worth in 10 years. It lost a full 1/3 of tax revenues it receives yearly. 5% of the national GDP was disappeared by the government. That’s something to get enraged about.

The solution is NOT to keep throwing money at the government. It’s to demand government get its shit together, cut back on spending, streamline, stop passing omnibus budgets, stop being a cesspool for fraud, stop passing regulations by big companies for big companies at the expense of small ones, have a balanced budget amendment...and oh yeah, fucking reform these damn programs that we know for a fact are going to bankrupt us in a matter of decades. They’re spending like a spoiled 20 year old girl with daddy’s credit card. It’s ridiculous.

We hear from another liar.

Someone clearly doesn’t understand how social security works. If he’s a boomer, he’s been paying into the system for his entire life with the promise that he’ll receive that money, or at least some of it, in his retirement years. There’s nothing “free” about it. Do you have a job? Do you get paychecks? It’ll clearly show how much is being withdrawn weekly for social security.

And so what? Most of our pay is on the assumption the government will take 7% out for these things.

The thing is, if I keel over the day before I get the Gold Watch, I get nothing.

If I live into my 80's, I will get back far more than I ever put in.

Kinda like how he repealed ACA?
He certainly tried didn't he...and but for McCain...he would have.

In case you missed it...John McCain is gone now and there are nothing but sycophants left

If politicians ever end social security without compensating Americans who have paid into it for decades, if Americans lose all that money, Americans need to drag millionaire politicians like Pelosi, Schumer, etc...out into the streets, seize their MULTIPLE HOMES, their $25k fridges, etc...until we get OUR money back.

But not tRump?

And so what? Most of our pay is on the assumption the government will take 7% out for these things.

The thing is, if I keel over the day before I get the Gold Watch, I get nothing.

Hopefully you wont live much longer. When the the chinese see Trump win, you'll be purged.

A large majority of GOP lawmakers are too big of pussies to what you refer to as “attack”, in actuality reform and make a move to a more sustainable system, the entitlement programs since the media and left immediately turn that into “pushing grandma off the cliff”. It isn’t a popular Issue among the voting base. Especially for elderly that have been paying into these system for their whole lives. Even though no one ever advocates pulling money away from that generation, but the young generations who haven’t yet paid all that much into it.

Look at Chicago. Continually promising future money to an already unsustainable system is NOT a solution. There was serious talk of divvying up the entire state of Illinois into 3 parts and giving those sections to its neighboring states to take over with how bad Chicago screwed the pooch. The only problem is those neighboring states said “fuck no, were not taking on that burden because Chicago fucked up.” These programs need to be “attacked” because they will bankrupt us in a matter of 1 or 2 decades. It is inevitable. The ONLY solution is to reform and tighten up the belt, not kick the can down the road when that can will grow into a nuke in 20 years and blow up in our faces. The longer we wait, the more we pump into this system, the harder it will be to reform these systems.

Kinda like how he repealed ACA?
He certainly tried didn't he...and but for McCain...he would have.

Heh... no. Republicans refused to repeal ACA because they want to control health care just as much as Democrats do. Same goes with Social Security and Medicare.

And what you pointed out is exactly why social security is a particularly awful Ponzi scheme that needs reform. Vs a regular Ponzi scheme where you only need a 1 time payment to satisfy previous “investors”. Medical technology, particularly in the realm of anti-aging, has been making leaps and bounds. Increasing telomere lengths, stem cell rejuvenation, etc. And we’ve barely scratched the surface on the amazing things we’ll be able to achieve with CRISPR. Where talking about gene-editing, bacteriophages, and even anti-cancer phages. There’s gonna be a lot more people living far past the age of 80. It’s a Ponzi scheme where your going to have to keep paying ALL the previous investors for a very long time. Social security is going to need a reform sooner rather than later. We’re just kicking the can down the road.

The rich just need to pony up until you've had your fill of free shit, huh?

Works for me.... We could also serve them as hamburgers..

Okay, seriously... This isn't even a discussion in Europe. In Europe, they have universal health care, generous pension benefits, paid family leave, free college education, and they get six weeks of vacation compared to our two.

View attachment 374705

You and I are entirely different people. I want to have a job because I provide the value that companies want me to work there.

You want to be assigned a job then have the government force your employer to adopt you.

Having read your performance reviews when you worked for me your manager wrote, I suppose in your case that's a good decision since you do the minimum amount of work you can possibly get away with and do that with a bad attitude

You didn't "pay into" social security any more than you "paid into" military spending. No money was ever saved. It was spent as it came in like all other taxes. There is no "trust fund," Virginia. There is a bunch of IOUs written from the general fund to itself.

You have Zero understanding of what the Trist Fund is or how SSI is funded... unless you’re lying

" A trust fund is a legal entity that holds property or assets on behalf of another person, group or organization "

Note that there are assets in a trust fund is part of the definition of a trust fund. So since social security has no assets, it's not a trust fund.

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Hey dumb fuck. Social security taxes go into the general fund. Social security benefits come out of the general fund. Treasury bills are debts in the general fund. It's a government IOU ... to iteself. OMG you're stupid.

Lesh: Let me explain how to create an asset from nothing, kaz. Write an IOU ... to yourself. I do it at the bank all the time. The bank manager said you have no assets, we can't loan you money. I asked how much he wanted, he said $100K. So I sat down and wrote myself an IOU for $100K. I said see, I don't have nothing, I have $100K in assets and $100K in debt. Entirely different. He said well then and gave me the loan!

You're an idiot. You can't call loaning yourself money an "asset." That's retarded. No wonder you're a Democrat

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Hey dumb fuck. Social security taxes go into the general fund. Social security benefits come out of the general fund. Treasury bills are debts in the general fund. It's a government IOU ... to iteself. OMG you're stupid.

Lesh: Let me explain how to create an asset from nothing, kaz. Write an IOU ... to yourself. I do it at the bank all the time. The bank manager said you have no assets, we can't loan you money. I asked how much he wanted, he said $100K. So I sat down and wrote myself an IOU for $100K. I said see, I don't have nothing, I have $100K in assets and $100K in debt. Entirely different. He said well then and gave me the loan!

You're an idiot. You can't call loaning yourself money an "asset." That's retarded. No wonder you're a Democrat
Wait...so your claim is that Treasury Bills have no value?

That's going to come as a shock to millions who invest in them

Heh... no. Republicans refused to repeal ACA because they want to control health care just as much as Democrats do. Same goes with Social Security and Medicare.
Bullshit...but for one vote (John McCain) the ACA would be gone. Republicans otherwise voted in lock step to kill it

I'm for cutting off Social Security for everyone under 25yo - no more AFTER everyone above that who has actually paid into if for at least 20 years gets theirs paid.

You snowflakes seem to believe that the government is giving recipients government money each month, that they are doing recipients a favor by doing so. Those who believe that are just f*ing STUPID.

I HAVE PAID INTO SOCIAL SECURITY WITH THE PROMISE IT WOULD BE PROTECTED AND THERE FOR ME WHEN I RETIRE FOR 40 YEARS.

I don't know about you idiots who think killing SS without reimbursing anyone who has paid in is a good idea, but doing so would amount to THE LARGEST PONZI SCHEME IN WORLD HISTORY.

Screw that....

Tell you what...cut me a check right now for HALF of the money I have paid into SS, and you can do whatever you want with SS.

If the boomers expected to get something back from social security, they shouldn’t have racked up tens of trillions of US debt. So sad, but that’s what personal responsibility is all about.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Wait...so your claim is that Treasury Bills have no value?

That's going to come as a shock to millions who invest in them

Lesh: Duh, dar, I can't read, kaz. I dropped out of school after the third grade when I failed it for the fourth time. Duh, duh, duh.

Listen stupid fuck. I said loaning YOURSELF money is not an asset. I said that clearly multiple times. What the fuck is wrong with you that you can't read a post and respond to what I said?

Explain how loaning YOURSELF money is an asset. Go

Bullshit...but for one vote (John McCain) the ACA would be gone. Republicans otherwise voted in lock step to kill it
Sure. Easy to vote for something when you know it won't pass. They didn't try to persuade McCain, because they didn't want to. Trump is grasping at straws. He doesn't have the leadership skills to achieve major legislative change. Trolling will only get you so far.

Screw that....

If the boomers expected to get something back from social security, they shouldn’t have racked up tens of trillions of US debt. So sad, but that’s what personal responsibility is all about.
The boomers are getting their money. It’s the later generations that won’t. The 10s of trillions of debt is a trend we’ve only started to see in the 2000s. Blaming the boomers is far too easy and faulty of a scape goat. The entitlement programs driving the debt, despite consecutive record breaking years in tax revenues for the past decade, were passed many years ago. The expansion of those programs, further accelerating debt accumulation, is mainly coming from 1 party, the Democrats. You can see small case studies of this in deep blue states who have been practicing this behavior unopposed like NY, CA, and IL, who are now begging the fed for money, despite taxing their citizens into oblivion.

The blame falls everywhere. The citizenry for throwing a hissy fit every time a politician steps up to tell the truth about these programs. Our education system raising kids to believe that government is a sugar daddy. The leftist media for leading the hissy-fit charge with overblown rhetoric about “evil politicians killing grandma with entitlement reforms”. The GOP for not practicing what they preach, going along to get along, and continually meeting halfway a party that just keeps on moving left. But most of all the party that keeps moving left, advocating for not only expansions of these programs, but vastly larger more costly programs, and screaming bloody murder anytime someone disagrees with them. It’s the same party that gave birth to modern monetary policy that literally says you can keep accumulating debt and just print more and continually sell it off without any consequence. You don’t have to be a PhD in economics to know that’s a recipe for disaster. You cannot be the party of the “sugar daddy” government and then blame your elders when you get your way. The debt we’re seeing now is what the American right-wing (not to be confused with European right wing) has been ringing the warning bell about since the birth of progressive politics. It’s been a slow climb up the never ending progressive mountain with our two-party opposition system, but here we are. How many more examples do we need to see from other nations and even our own states before we figure out that you can’t print, tax, and sell off debt and not have that behavior blow up in your face later down the road.

Forum List

Back