Finally, a Libertarian Utopia!

Anyone who thinks there is a significant difference between the two parties aside from their rhetoric is simply not aware of what has been going on in this country for the last several decades.

Why not?

Easy pickings.

I dunno. Human decency?

Why don't you kill and rob your neighbors? Is it only because you might get caught?

*psssst*

I wouldn't really target the libertarian flotilla. Just making a point.

I get that every libertarian things that self defense is a worthy expense. However, our ability to defend ourselves is all tied up in our societal infrastructure and things that drive Libertarians insane. For example, until the DOD got desperate, soldiers had to have graduated from High School or got a GED. Why? Because an illiterate soldier is a burden to their squad. Being a soldier isn't about being a robot and that weapon comes with a manual that you'd better have read. Just one example of a thousand. These things are all interconnected.

In truth, I find the ideas to be very niave concepts that smart people latch onto like a fairy tale.

There is not enough defense this experiment could have to prevent someone ruthless enough from coming in and knocking the joint over.

I agree.

The only consistent human quality may just be if only [ fill in ] didn't exist utopia would bloom and happiness would finally wash over onto the earth and all people would sing hallelujah forever and smile too. The other day reading I had this epiphany in which it came to me that no revolution ever really supported the people or even the ideas it was supposed to support, even our own. I started to write about that thought** and may post it, but then I had this alternate epiphany, does this make sense. ;)

A few interesting links on libertarianism below. PS I am not a fan.

Why I Am Not a Libertarian
Why is libertarianism wrong?
Critiques Of Libertarianism: So You Want To Discuss Libertarianism....
The American Conservative -- Marxism of the Right
http://robertlindsay.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/types_of_libertarian1.jpg

** http://www.usmessageboard.com/history/181170-revolutions-and-the-people.html

Last edited:
You don't take anything seriously. Otherwise we wouldn't have a fascist government.

We don't have a fascist government, knucklehead.

Get back to me when they are kicking down your door for speaking against the government. We'll probably share a cell.

Study the holocaust at Mount Carmel , fucktard.

800px-Mountcarmelfire04-19-93-l.jpg

The fucktards are those who ignore the officers killed in cold blood, while crying for people who allowed their children to be burned by their leaders. How did the place go up so fast? There's never been any reports of the Feds spreading accelerants.

Get back to me when they are kicking down your door for speaking against the government. We'll probably share a cell.

Oh, I get it. You have a problem with basic math.

So now the death of 74 cult members in a botched raid in Texas is the same as the systematic genocide of six million Jews.

I know who you are , NY Senator Charles E. Schumer. In your opinion the nazis were wrong for incinerating Jews .

But the US government has the absolute right to incinerate goys at any time.

I get your drift.

Stupid fuck.

The fucktards are those who ignore the officers killed in cold blood, while crying for people who allowed their children to be burned by their leaders. How did the place go up so fast? There's never been any reports of the Feds spreading accelerants.
But there are well-documented reports of the FBI/HRT ("Hostage Rescue Team") using a military flame-thrower tank to break through a wall of the Davidian residence and introduce hundreds of pounds of a highly flammable tear gas therein, which was followed by several tear gas grenades of the type that burn at over 2,000 degrees. These things were done within minutes of the first visible flames. (No More Wacos, by David Kopel.)

The "officers" (BATF raiders) who were killed were not, as you suggest, killed "in cold blood." They died in armed combat, a firefight, with people who truly believed they were rightfully defending their home against the soldiers of an oppressive, un-Constitutional government. And whether you agree with that perception or if you believe the Branch Davidians were "crazy" is irrelevant. What is relevant is there were 21 innocent children within those walls and the FBI/HRT knew it.

Those federal agents also knew that Koresh along with many or most of his followers were dangerously fanatical, a fact which had been amply demonstrated. Still the agents took unnecessarily aggressive actions which either directly or indirectly led to the predictable deaths of those children, some of whom were as young as two years. Terrified little tots.

I urge you to read the book. No More Wacos: David Kopel.

Last edited:

The narcotized never cease to amaze.

Justice Department Disclosed Use of Flammable Canisters, New Documents Show

New York Times, September 14, 1999

By David Johnston And Neil A. Lewis

WASHINGTON -- Internal F.B.I. documents disclosed on Monday by a Democratic lawmaker show that information about the use of combustible tear-gas canisters at the 1993 Branch Davidian siege near Waco, Tex., has sat in the Justice Department's files for years and was even sent to Congress no later than 1995.

Justice Department Disclosed Use of Flammable Canisters, New Documents Show

Eh... It will be a failed experiment. Can't grow Crops on a oil rig. so they are going to have to trade with some mainland for food, fuel for their generators, etc.
Aw, come on! A floating island with no regulations or codes? The first hurricane or earthquake would destroy them.

:lol:

There's a big difference between looser regulations and "no regulations".

Eh... It will be a failed experiment. Can't grow Crops on a oil rig. so they are going to have to trade with some mainland for food, fuel for their generators, etc.
Aw, come on! A floating island with no regulations or codes? The first hurricane or earthquake would destroy them.

What makes you think companies would not follow their own set of regulations and codes? It should be obvious that constructing buildings that just fall over would not be very profitable. You don't need regulations to tell companies how to make good products.

What makes you think companies would not follow their own set of regulations and codes? It should be obvious that constructing buildings that just fall over would not be very profitable. You don't need regulations to tell companies how to make good products.
Even though New York City, for one example, imposes very strict standards and regulations on the construction industry the Buildings Department Legal Division is constantly prosecuting deliberate code violations, many of which either cause or present potential for injury, damage or abnormal deterioration. Were it not for the existence of the Building Codes and enforcement thereof the frequency of violations undoubtedly would be significantly greater.

So the Libertarian disposition, which is commendable in many aspects, would have disastrous consequences where the construction industry is concerned.

Thiel has been a big backer of the Seasteading Institute, which seeks to build sovereign nations on oil rig-like platforms to occupy waters beyond the reach of law-of-the-sea treaties. The idea is for these countries to start from scratch--free from the laws, regulations, and moral codes of any existing place. Details says the experiment would be "a kind of floating petri dish for implementing policies that libertarians, stymied by indifference at the voting booths, have been unable to advance: no welfare, looser building codes, no minimum wage, and few restrictions on weapons."

Silicon Valley billionaire funding creation of artificial libertarian islands | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

I invite all of USMB's libertoids to flee to the islands.

Actually all we really need for a libertarian utopia is for everyone else to adhere and abide by the constitution. Though it would be YOU that would probably need to do the moving then.

Interesting. In the old Soviet Union Psychiatry was a tool of the state. The dissidents, aka the "unhinged", were sent to state hospitals for indoctrination.

And that is exactly what is happening in our country. People are being involuntarily committed for having opposing political views and being deemed mentally incompetent.

Except, that's not at all what is happening in our country.

The rest of your post is clap-trap.

You're such a fuck up, you can't even do hyperbole well.

Even though New York City, for one example, imposes very strict standards and regulations on the construction industry the Buildings Department Legal Division is constantly prosecuting deliberate code violations, many of which either cause or present potential for injury, damage or abnormal deterioration. Were it not for the existence of the Building Codes and enforcement thereof the frequency of violations undoubtedly would be significantly greater.

So the Libertarian disposition, which is commendable in many aspects, would have disastrous consequences where the construction industry is concerned.
Do you have specific examples of what codes were violated and how such violations would have caused problems? If you want a building with certain specifications, a company will offer it if you will pay for it. If there were no building codes you could not violate them, so your statement does not even make sense.

Again, the fallacy that without government something terrible will happen. "Without government banning drugs we will all do drugs and become useless! Without government providing healthcare we will all die on the streets! Without government social security, the elderly will never be able to retire! Without building codes and regulations, our buildings will be hazardous and crumble!"

It is all the same old, same old. If these codes are violated, it is more likely they are unnecessary codes. Companies are not going to construct buildings that are inherently unsafe. They will not make a profit by killing their customers.

Thiel has been a big backer of the Seasteading Institute, which seeks to build sovereign nations on oil rig-like platforms to occupy waters beyond the reach of law-of-the-sea treaties. The idea is for these countries to start from scratch--free from the laws, regulations, and moral codes of any existing place. Details says the experiment would be "a kind of floating petri dish for implementing policies that libertarians, stymied by indifference at the voting booths, have been unable to advance: no welfare, looser building codes, no minimum wage, and few restrictions on weapons."

Silicon Valley billionaire funding creation of artificial libertarian islands | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

I invite all of USMB's libertoids to flee to the islands.

I may do that. I'll start a business to import cocaine and marijuana into the United States.

Uhhhh. . . . . . so?

Do you imagine libertarians oppose trade?

How would an earthquake destroy something floating in the ocean? The first ones are planned to be off the coast of San Francisco. Lot of hurricanes there . . . . yeah, un hun!

Really? What is going to be their chief export? A smug sense of superiority?

One thing I can imagine is tax-exempt offshore banking and investing. Also they can server as trading centers for Cocaine and Marijuana.

Speaking only for myself, I think Libertarians are retarded. There is nothing in the early writings of the founding fathers that changes my mind. If libertarianism was their goal, there would be no "united" states.

You think libertarians are retarded, but every time you post you succeed in proving that you're retarded.

Forum List

Back