Few Years Ago the Left Declared War on Confederate Statues; Now we have MORE Confederate Statues

You have statues but what you don`t have is slaves and they`re not coming back no matter how much homage you give to your statues of treasonous losers. :)
Where did the OP say he wanted slaves?
And anyway, it’s the democraps who love exploiting people for slave labour.
Why does the OP worship statues of those who fought to enslave others? Apparently he thinks slavery was cool. I shouldn`t have to explain this like I was talking to a 12 year old but I guess I do.
I would suggest he enjoys history, and there is no indication whatsoever that he ‘worships statues’, that’s all you.

You have statues but what you don`t have is slaves and they`re not coming back no matter how much homage you give to your statues of treasonous losers. :)
Why does the OP worship statues of those who fought to enslave others? Apparently he thinks slavery was cool. I shouldn`t have to explain this like I was talking to a 12 year old but I guess I do.
I would suggest he enjoys history, and there is no indication whatsoever that he ‘worships statues’, that’s all you.
The OP seems to be creaming his jeans about having More statues of treasonous traitors. He "enjoys history"? You`re pretty funny.

And you're not gonna erase the Civil War or it's players. I live between 3 Civil War battlefields. They attract over 1 Million visitors per year. That history needs to REMAIN to sanctify the carnage on this land.

Who's home is the land for Arlington National Cemetary? Want to erase THAT fact? What about Washington and Lee University -- wanna put the Taliban purge and destruction to THAT?
Washington didn`t lead troops into battle against the United States. See the difference between Washington and Lee? Washington wasn`t a treasonous traitor.

Racism ended when Confederate symbolism was removed from the last State flag.
Ummmmm....

Mississippi
800px-Flag_of_Mississippi.svg.png

The red St Andrews cross has long been associated with the REbel Cause....
750px-Flag_of_Florida.svg.png

600px-Flag_of_Alabama.svg.png

There is nothing racist about being proud of one's past and a noble effort to keep an invading pestilent swarm of do-gooders from committing scorched Earth tactics on your local community and home.

That is just your jealousy talking, dawg.

The only reason the North won was because of a gawd danged potato mold.

The OP seems to be creaming his jeans about having More statues of treasonous traitors. He "enjoys history"? You`re pretty funny.
The South was completely rehabilitated and forgiven, so there is no treason whatsoever legally, and the Southern warriors were also forgiven their tresspasses and are to be treated as US Army veterans, you myopic little bug.

Fake misleading thread. A controversy about Confederate statues and symbols, including named buildings, parks, and even streets has caused many to be found and added to the list. You would have to read the link in the OP to know that. There hasn't been any new monuments or memorials built.

Protection for war memorials should only be given to memorials to people who fought for the United States.Those memorials that only honor people who fought against us, which were put up with the intention of maintaining a racial divide and declaring white supremacy, should be removed to private property or taken down out of respect for the public. There is no honor in what people who fought against the U.S. and to enslave others did.

Democrats still have slaves, welfare slaves. But you are starting to lose them, because Trump is giving them jobs and a purpose.

You do know some countries still have slavery, what are you doing to free real slaves? Oh I got it nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROFLMAO, the left has had the unintended consequence of raising interest in the Civil War and now we have more memorials, more statues and more awareness of the Southern point of view regarding the War of Northern Aggression.

The left just cant help themselves; 'cause they are Eternal Losers.

Confederate memorials turn up faster than they can be removed a year after Charlottesville

That explains, for example, why the organization’s tally of Confederate monuments (a subset of memorials) has increased from 718 in 2016 to 772, even though over the same period 49 monuments were removed. They include Memphis’ statues of Davis and Nathan Bedford Forrest, a Confederate general accused of presiding over the slaughter of black Union troops. After the war he became the first "grand wizard" of the Ku Klux Klan.

It was the city of Charlottesville's plan to remove statues of Lee and Jackson from two parks that sparked demonstrations last August by far-right groups. A riot erupted when the protesters clashed with counterprotesters; one counterprotester was killed when she was rammed by a car driven into a crowd by a man linked to white supremacist groups.

The conflict became a national political debate after President Trump appeared to equate the white supremacists and their opponents, referring at one point to "very fine people on both sides."

A year later, the statues that prompted it all remain in place; state law prohibits local governments from "disturbing or interfering with" memorials to war veterans.

Old memorials, newly recorded
Most of the law center survey’s newly recorded memorials are not themselves new. Many date from 1890 to 1914, when the South reversed the effects of Reconstruction, systematically denied blacks the right to vote and redefined the primary Confederate war aim as the protection of states’ rights, not slavery. This theory, regarded as specious by most academic historians, is called “The Lost Cause.’’

But the increase in public Confederate memorials is not entirely a matter of record-keeping. At least 44 new ones have been established since the turn of the century.​

fo14.gif

The monuments are being discovered faster than they are being removed.

“That’s because the same outrage that led to the removal of some memorials has led to the identification of others. Confederate sites, most of them established long ago, are being discovered faster they’re being removed.”

And you're not gonna erase the Civil War or it's players. I live between 3 Civil War battlefields. They attract over 1 Million visitors per year. That history needs to REMAIN to sanctify the carnage on this land.

Who's home is the land for Arlington National Cemetary? Want to erase THAT fact? What about Washington and Lee University -- wanna put the Taliban purge and destruction to THAT?
Washington didn`t lead troops into battle against the United States. See the difference between Washington and Lee? Washington wasn`t a treasonous traitor.

Oh.. So if the University has a dual name -- that protects it from the purge? Lee spent most of his adult life in the North working for military and advancing education. He made a choice. Was not vested in slavery. His HOME is now the land for Arlington Cemetery. Wanna erase that history as well?

Fake misleading thread. A controversy about Confederate statues and symbols, including named buildings, parks, and even streets has caused many to be found and added to the list. You would have to read the link in the OP to know that. There hasn't been any new monuments or memorials built.
But the increase in public Confederate memorials is not entirely a matter of record-keeping. At least 44 new ones have been established since the turn of the century.

Forum List

Back