Federal jobs pay more than private sector

This is why honest people see CON$ as pathological lying scum!!!

Again the pathological liar does not include bonuses and stock options!!! That $484 million is for one executive only over 8 years. Dividing by 8 you get $60 million per year, more than double the combined salaries of all the other employees!!!

That includes stock options and it's over 10 years. Not very honest, when we are comparing payroll expense annually.

Also, non top executives get bonuses too, and some have stock options.

In any case as far as I am concerned a company can pay it's executives or anyone else whatever they want. It's called freedom.
First of all, it was from 2000 to 2007, 8 years not ten and I divided by 8 to get the yearly average of $60 million.

And secondly and more importantly I said it included stock options, it was completely dishonest to leave them out in the first place as they are part of the PAY PACKAGE in the PRIVATE sector. And, as you admit, with non top execs get bonuses and stock options the pay packages throughout the private sector are higher than you or FAUX have used to claim private sector pay is less than gov pay.

But you know that and because it was essential to leave it out in order to make it appear that the private sector payed less than the government, it was premeditated on your part, as well as FAUX who started the ball rolling with their phony study, to dishonestly leave it out.

No it wasn't because I was comparing apples to apples, and you weren't.

Non top exec get bonuses, and other things as well.

If you calculate the total bonuses, options, and all other perks of the non top execs, and then compare it to the top execs than you are comparing apples to apples.

I was comparing "X" to "X" not "X+Y+Z" to "X".

P.S. You are a douche bag.

That includes stock options and it's over 10 years. Not very honest, when we are comparing payroll expense annually.

In any case as far as I am concerned a company can pay it's executives or anyone else whatever they want. It's called freedom.
First of all, it was from 2000 to 2007, 8 years not ten and I divided by 8 to get the yearly average of $60 million.

And secondly and more importantly I said it included stock options, it was completely dishonest to leave them out in the first place as they are part of the PAY PACKAGE in the PRIVATE sector. And, as you admit, with non top execs get bonuses and stock options the pay packages throughout the private sector are higher than you or FAUX have used to claim private sector pay is less than gov pay.

But you know that and because it was essential to leave it out in order to make it appear that the private sector payed less than the government, it was premeditated on your part, as well as FAUX who started the ball rolling with their phony study, to dishonestly leave it out.

Please forgive him...

The economics of an Amway salesman tend to be simplistic

I realize someone who has worked in a sewer all his life knows nothing about economics or managing money.

Perhaps you can take an online course?

Alright spibby...HALT right there...:eusa_hand:

Answer the emboldened part. WHY?

oooh oooh...i'll take that one.

because corporations want to pay people wages that they can't live on so go places where people are paid barely enough to subsist.

Class Warfare rears it's ugly fucking head. No surprise here at all.

class warfare? because i think people should be paid a living wage?

that's pretty sad.

what class am i part of? what class am i warring against?

you're barkng up the wrong tree.

If you calculate the total bonuses, options, and all other perks of the non top execs, and then compare it to the top execs than you are comparing apples to apples.

And that is exactly the dishonesty of the claim that the private sector pays less than the government!!!!

The private sector pays X+Y+Z not just X, so the only honest comparison would have been comparing X+Y+Z to X+Y+Z not X only to X only.
Get it?

Fine. Then you research those numbers.

The % of gross income paid in payroll vary's substantially depending on the type of business.

I own a service business and a vey large portion of our gross income goes to payroll.

CMike, no way do you have an MBA. You do not have a grasp of basic economic principles. Your business knowledge appears to be very limited.[/QUOTE]

It is quite obvious.
Judging from your answers you must be a sewer worker. That's the ticket.

Wrong again Sewer Worker Winger.

Oh geez Cmike you are good. That zinger of a come back would put anyone in their place.

I feel foolish that I ever tried to match wits with you.

Sewer Worker Winger, that hurts.

Jobs Salary at Lehman Brothers Inc., Real Starting, Average Salary, ranked by Salary, page 1

Lehman Brothers Annual Report 2007

Managing Director Lehman Brothers Inc. $249,500 New York, NY, 10001 (07/2006) Salary Details
Financial Manager, Branch Or Department Lehman Brothers Inc. $249,446 New York, NY, 10001 (02/2007) Salary Details
Vice President; Quantitative Analyst Lehman Brothers Inc. $240,000 New York, NY, 10001 (10/2005) Salary Details
Corporate & Securities Attorney Lehman Brothers Inc. $240,000 New York, NY, 10001 (04/2006) Salary Details
Senior Vice President/mortgage Trading Lehman Brothers Inc. $200,000 New York, NY, 10001 (05/2004) Salary Details
Senior Vice President Lehman Brothers Inc. $200,000 New York, NY, 10001 (10/2004) Salary Details
Head of West Power Trading, Vice President Lehman Brothers Inc. $200,000 New York, NY, 10001 (10/2005) Salary Details
Senior Vice President, Asset Backed Securities Lehman Brothers Inc. $200,000 New York, NY, 10001 (10/2006) Salary Details
Vice President Lehman Brothers Inc. $200,000 New York, NY, 10001 (07/2006) Salary Details
Vice President Lehman Brothers Inc. $200,000 New York, NY, 10001 (07/2006) Salary Details
Senior Vice President Lehman Brothers Inc. $200,000 New York, NY, 10001 (10/2006) Salary Details
Senior Vice President Lehman Brothers Inc. $200,000 New York, NY, 10001 (11/2005) Salary Details
Senior Vice President Lehman Brothers Inc. $200,000 New York, NY, 10001 (06/2006) Salary Details
Vice President Lehman Brothers Inc. $200,000 New York, NY, 10001 (03/2006) Salary Details
Global Head of Financing Product Development Lehman Brothers Inc.

Lehman spent a little over $2 million on the top executive salaries and they spent $25,936 million on all employees

The top executives made up 0.00000771% of the total payroll expense.

P.S. You are a douche bag Sewer Worker Winger.

You are truly dumber than a stump.
Salary is one part of executive compensation. You have to measure total compensation packages, then you neeed to find gross income and determine the % of gross income of the corporation goes to executive compensation.
This requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.

Then take a highly capitalized corporation like GM which you referenced earlier and do the same calculation and then you will understand the % of gross revenues allocated to executive compensation differs substantially.

I apologize to all stumps out there if I offended you by comparing you to CMike.

To--add this minority executive pay for large private sector corporations--in no way reflects the millions of small business people --in this country that drive this nation--and are the majority employer in this nation. Only 5% of this entire population makes over 250k per year, and only 1% of this nation make over 300k per year. Chomp on those numbers for a little while--will ya.

And 0% of Government employees make over $250k

So instead of a few highly paid talented people government has an inordinate number of overpaid mediocre people.

I agree there are alot of mediocre people in government making mediocre wages. But there are equally mediocre people in top executive positions in corporate America making millions.

How else can you explain the financial melt down. The idiots at the top of our financial institutions did not know what they were doing. Those who knew what they were doing were worse because they took ridiculous risk with our investments and lost big time.

I don't have to.
Logic dictates that if the private sector's wages + bonuses + stock options were LESS than the government's wages + bonuses + stock options they would not have been left out in the first place.

You see, to the Cynical mind you reveal the truth by what you omit without the Cynic having to know the exact numbers you left out.
Get it?

AmwayMike once again demonstrates why we love him so much.

If total compensation in the private sector is comprised of X+Y+Z, AmwayMike knows that he will lose his argument because Government workers only get paid X

Sneaky little weasel isn't he?

I don't have to.
Logic dictates that if the private sector's wages + bonuses + stock options were LESS than the government's wages + bonuses + stock options they would not have been left out in the first place.

You see, to the Cynical mind you reveal the truth by what you omit without the Cynic having to know the exact numbers you left out.
Get it?

Government workers get stock options????

Judging from your answers you must be a sewer worker. That's the ticket.

Wrong again Sewer Worker Winger.

Oh geez Cmike you are good. That zinger of a come back would put anyone in their place.

I feel foolish that I ever tried to match wits with you.

Sewer Worker Winger, that hurts.

Think nothing of it. I try to have patience with the intelletually challenged, uneducated, and people who are just plain stupid.

Anything to help the retarded better understand.

As far as matching wits you are only half armed.

Last edited:

AmwayMike once again demonstrates why we love him so much.

If total compensation in the private sector is comprised of X+Y+Z, AmwayMike knows that he will lose his argument because Government workers only get paid X

Sneaky little weasel isn't he?

Here I will go slower for a retarded person like yourself.

I wasn't comparing the private to the public in those posts.

I was making the point that top exec compensation in these large corporations are very small compared to the total compensation for all employees.

I realize that reading comprehension is a challenge for you.

I typed slowly so perhaps you will understand, perhaps not.

I don't have to.

Get it?

Once again, your reading comprehension skills are non existent.

The only point I was making, once again, was that top exec compensation in large corporations, are a very small part of the total compensation for all employees.

I wonder how many times I have to repeat myself until you finally understand :cuckoo:

I believe sewer fumes might actually improve their brain function.

It's worth a try, anyway.

The idea that we had a financial meltdown because well paid executives caused our economy to implode because they get paid more than they're worth is a ridiculous notion. As is the snide comment that those high paid corp execs are "mediocre". the nice thing about capitalism and a somewhat open market is there's competition. It isn't very often that mediocrity is rewarded, in the private sector, with obscene salaries. That's what competition does for the market.

I would really like the geniuses to explain how these mediocre executives in the private sector brought about the financial collapse of the nation.

I'll get some popcorn. This should be good.

I don't have to.

Get it?

Once again, your reading comprehension skills are non existent.

The only point I was making, once again, was that top exec compensation in large corporations, are a very small part of the total compensation for all employees.

I wonder how many times I have to repeat myself until you finally understand :cuckoo:

He won't understand because he doesn't want to. It's what's known as "willfully ignorant".

Private companies are by definition private, they should have the right to pay anyone whatever they want.

Government employees are paid by the taxpayers, therefore, taxpayers have a right to ask for accountability where there money is going.

The problem is that the government doesn't care. When they need more money they just borrow or print more. There is no real motive to cut expenses. They don't have to worry about folding and going bankrupt.

Forum List

Back