Fed unexpectedly tapers

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
The December FOMC decision is out.

The Fed will taper asset purchases to a monthly rate of $75 billion from the current $85 billion pace. Half of the reduction is in Treasury purchases and half of the reduction is in purchases of mortgage-backed securities.

However, the FOMC did not modify its forward guidance, leaving the unemployment rate threshold for the first rate hike at 6.5%.

The Committee also released updated Staff Economic Projections. The central tendency for its 2014 unemployment rate forecast is now 6.3% to 6.6%, down from 6.4% to 6.8%.

Read more: FOMC Meeting December - Business Insider

The Market initially took a dip and then shot up. Bernanke held a news conference (probably his last) and was pretty straight up with what's happening. The Economy's been getting stronger.

He leaves on a high note after what was a heroic and successful effort to rescue the US economy.

Well done, Chairman.

:clap:

But there's still time for republicans to sabatoge the economy before the next election.

The Fed will taper asset purchases to a monthly rate of $75 billion from the current $85 billion pace. Half of the reduction is in Treasury purchases and half of the reduction is in purchases of mortgage-backed securities.

However, the FOMC did not modify its forward guidance, leaving the unemployment rate threshold for the first rate hike at 6.5%.

The Committee also released updated Staff Economic Projections. The central tendency for its 2014 unemployment rate forecast is now 6.3% to 6.6%, down from 6.4% to 6.8%.

The Market initially took a dip and then shot up. Bernanke held a news conference (probably his last) and was pretty straight up with what's happening. The Economy's been getting stronger.

He leaves on a high note after what was a heroic and successful effort to rescue the US economy.

Well done, Chairman.

Wow, this is big news (ok, ok, let's not get ahead of ourselves).

I wonder what were the real factors behind this decision and whether the retirement had something to do with it. Maybe they are afraid of the chinese dumping the bonds as well (like they should be), with the recent news and all.

Last edited:

Well done, Chairman.

And here you have it.
Only a true partisan hack would applaud someone who, on every level, used his position to do things that is polar opposite of what the hack thinks he believes in...because he thinks it makes his dream President look good.
Perfect. It is always beneficial for us to see the true colors of someone. Party before country like they say.

Well done, Chairman.

Wow, this is big news (ok, ok, let's not get ahead of ourselves).

I wonder what were the real factors behind this decision and whether the retirement had something to do with it. Maybe they are afraid of the chinese dumping the bonds as well (like they should be), with the recent news and all.

I don't think it was either.

They set up criteria where they were going to begin this and that criteria was met.

Personally, I thought the market was going to take a nosedive today. But that didn't happen.

All the more reason to think that the recovery, although slow, is going strong.

But there's still time for republicans to sabatoge the economy before the next election.

I kinda don't see that happening.

They shot their load with the shutdown.

It was a dismal failure..and rightly so.

As was every single other thing they've done.

Well done, Chairman.

and gold is down, darn.

The spread on taper was 50-50. So unexpectedly doesn't quite capture it. At the same time, I didn't see it coming and was in the not going to happen crowd. Really, though, it's a mini-taper at best. They are testing the waters in this grand economic experiment of fucking with the people's wealth.

Hopefully it goes well. As for meeting the criteria for tapering, that's, of course, also not true. But, this is a SHallow thread. So many half truths, lies and cheerleading are expected.

The banks took all that money, kept and got paid interest on it.

why?

B/c they know that printing and giving all that money away was bad for the economy.

The rich got richer, for sure, but none of that money came our way.

so after dumping billions upon billions for nothing, they know figured out it was a bad idea and won't dump as much every month.

Rescue the economiy after he threw it overboard prior. Why is it not shocking that Derps like Shallow applaud such things? (Rhetorical question)

Did anyone listen the Fed statement? I don't know why it still shocks when I hear such unmitigated lies from people in positions of immense power, and yet it still does. The fucking bold-faced lies on the UE number and inflation were a slap in the face to anyone unwilling to swallow the bullshit we are constantly fed. Really disgusting.

The banks took all that money, kept and got paid interest on it.

why?

B/c they know that printing and giving all that money away was bad for the economy.

The rich got richer, for sure, but none of that money came our way.

so after dumping billions upon billions for nothing, they know figured out it was a bad idea and won't dump as much every month.

It came our way. high interest(300%) online loans, title loans, etc..

Did anyone listen the Fed statement? I don't know why it still shocks when I hear such unmitigated lies from people in positions of immense power, and yet it still does. The fucking bold-faced lies on the UE number and inflation were a slap in the face to anyone unwilling to swallow the bullshit we are constantly fed. Really disgusting.

You make it sound like this is something new. The UE and inflation indeces #s have been distorted and statistically skewed for decades now. it's just gotten really difficult to hide it in recent years and now its common knowledge.

Last edited:

So you got slapped?

The spread on taper was 50-50. So unexpectedly doesn't quite capture it. At the same time, I didn't see it coming and was in the not going to happen crowd. Really, though, it's a mini-taper at best. They are testing the waters in this grand economic experiment of fucking with the people's wealth.

Hopefully it goes well. As for meeting the criteria for tapering, that's, of course, also not true. But, this is a SHallow thread. So many half truths, lies and cheerleading are expected.

Ah so you saw the news conference with Bernanke, right?

Which part was the most interesting.

Answer quick..or else I'll think you are scrambling to see the replay.

:lol:

He was retiring.

I'm at work, numbskull. I read about it as it occurred and took away the items of importance. Like tapering, how, how much, etc....

I don't really give a fuck what your dumb ass thinks, Shallow. It's like looking to a donkey for approval.

Forum List

Back