fdr Concentration Camp Survivor Tells Her Story

Sorry to say, the internment of Japanese Americans was just the beginning of the story.

My husband's family were not interned because they did not live on the Coast. Instead, my father-in-law lost his prestigious job and the family was booted out of company housing. My FIL was forced to do back breaking agricultural work to feed his family, because all of the available jobs had signs in the window saying "NO JAPS". They were lucky that a sympathetic black man gave them the use of his old chicken coop for shelter.

My husband had vivid memories of visiting relatives in camp and wondering if they were rich because they had milk and meat on the table and a fire in the stove.

I do not discount the suffering of those who were interned because they lost everything, but my husband's family lost everything but their freedom to live in a chicken coop.

And eventually, the internees were given reparations.

One of all too many.
I've spoken to several survivors. I love America, and I expect better of us than all of the many outrages committed by that scumbag fdr.
He was the typical power mad leftist in love with Uncle Joe in Russia.
His New Deal was based on Keynesian economics that made matters worse until going into war time production for WWII pulled us out of the Great Depression.
He tried to pack the SCOTUS when they dared to block his unConstitutional plans.
He did more to grossly distort the role of the Fed govt than any president since Lincoln.

The left wants to pull down statues for less reasons but FDR is still an icon

dude-fdr.jpg

Forum List

Back