FBI is 'purging' staffers with conservative viewpoints and retaliating against whistleblowers who have complained of misconduct, Republican Rep. Jim J

First off the ATF doesn't have a SWAT team, they have a Special Response Team, which was NOT used at WACO.
Let’s look at the ATF’s fine negotiator’s “skills” who talked with Koresh:
Jim Cavanaugh, ATF negotiator: Well, I think we need to set the record straight, and that is that there was no guns on those helicopters (used in the initial raid). There was National Guard officers on those helicopters . . .
Koresh: Now Jim, you're a d*mn liar. Now let's get real.
Cavanaugh: David, I . . .
Koresh: No! You listen to me! You're sittin' there and tellin' me that there were no guns on that helicopter!?
Cavanaugh: I said they didn't shoot. There's no guns on . . .
Koresh: You are a d*mn liar!
Cavanaugh: Well, you're wrong, David.
Koresh: You are a liar!
Cavanaugh: OK. Well, just calm down . . .
Koresh: No! Let me tell you something. That might be what you want the media to believe, but there's other people that saw too! Now, tell me Jim again. You're honestly going to say those helicopters didn't fire on any of us?
Cavanaugh: What I'm sayin' is . . . now I listened to you, now you listen to me, OK?
Koresh: I'm listening.
Cavanaugh: What I'm sayin' is that those helicopters didn't have mounted guns. OK? I'm not disputing the fact that there might have been fire from the helicopters. If you say there was fire from the helicopters and you were there that's OK with me. What I'm tellin' you is there was no mounted guns, ya know, outside mounted guns on those helicopters.
Koresh: I agree with you on that.
Cavanaugh: Alright. Now, that's the only thing I'm sayin'. Now, the agents on the helicopters had guns.
Koresh: I agree with you on that!
Cavanaugh: You understand what I'm sayin'?
Koresh: I agree with you.
Cavanaugh: OK, OK. So see, we're not even in dispute and Steven's getting all worked up over it.
Koresh: Well, no. What the dispute was over, I believe Jim, is that you said they didn't fire on us from the helicopters.
Cavanaugh: Well, what I mean is a mounted gun . . . like a, you know, like a mounted machine gun.
Koresh: Yeah. But like that's beside the point. What they did have was machine guns.

Reportedy, (and not during above verbal exchange) ATF members shot the Davidians dogs while they were in their kennels. IMO, that takes a special individual to follow through on that order, and the person giving that order most likely a worthless coward.

First off the ATF doesn't have a SWAT team, they have a Special Response Team, which was NOT used at WACO.
100 BATF agents stormed the compound, moron. I think that should have been plenty.

The siege on the Davidian compound began on February 28, 1993. Instead of simply knocking on the front door, 100 BATF agents stormed the compound to arrest David Koresh. Koresh went jogging quite frequently, and the government could have arrested him during those times, but they weren’t interested in simply arresting Koresh. The government wanted a confrontation. Unthreatened BATF and FBI agents opened fire with automatic weapons at the front door and the walls, knowing that there were innocent women and children inside.

I already explained this. You’re making a straw man argument.
This is a big forum with s lot going on

Its not unreasonable for you to document what if anything that the conservative agents actually did

Not until a month AFTER WACO.

Don't you ever read a newspaper.

Report on the events at Waco, Texas February 28

On March 12, 1993, Ms. Reno became the first woman and 78th attorney general.
She didn't initiate it, but she gave the order to torch the compound.

This is a big forum with s lot going on

Its not unreasonable for you to document what if anything that the conservative agents actually did
I did.

But it is unreasonable for you to make a strawman argument.

The FBI agents didn't have the weapons or the armor (vehicles) to carry out an assault against the compound. A SWAT team would have had the means to defend against enemy fire, and to wage an effective fight if necessary. More importantly their very presence would have dissuaded a fire-fight.
They had helicopters, armored vehicles and automatic weapons, turd.

Not until a month AFTER WACO.

Don't you ever read a newspaper.

Report on the events at Waco, Texas February 28

On March 12, 1993, Ms. Reno became the first woman and 78th attorney general.
Nope. The siege lasted 51 days. Reno gave the order to torch the compound.

Who was in charge at WACO, not anybody from the Clinton administration.

That's what happens when the republican senate refused to confirm Clintons choice for AG until months later.

Well AFTER WACO.
haha what are you talking about? it was a federal raid, by federal agents, working for clinton

months? Reno was confirmed March 1, just a couple days after the raid started…the acting AG who replaced Barr was picked by clinton.

are you just making things up and hoping nobody notices?

100 BATF agents stormed the compound, moron. I think that should have been plenty.
Numbers do not make up for special weapons tactics and vehicles.

I could send 100 ATF against 3 men in a tank, and guess who's going to win?

The ATF wanted to arrest Koresh for unlawful possession of a destructive device and search the 77-acre compound.

The agents were there to search the place, not to put up a fire-fight.

She didn't initiate it, but she gave the order to torch the compound.
We're talking about the initial raid, the one where they learned that executing an arrest warrant against an armed militia required them to come armed for bear.

They had helicopters, armored vehicles and automatic weapons, turd.
Not on February 28th you idiot.

Talk about how an AFT team staffed to search a 70 acre compound weren't prepared like a SWAT team, to take on an armed militia.

months? Reno was confirmed March 1, just a couple days after the raid started…the acting AG who replaced Barr was picked by clinton.
Wrong, wrong and wrong.

The Bush Deputy AG, became acting AG.
And Reno wasn't confirmed until February 12th. The month after the raid.

We're talking about the initial raid, the one where they learned that executing an arrest warrant against an armed militia required them to come armed for bear.
you said she wasn’t confirmed until a month after waco…you lied

they had choppers with machine guns mounted on them. when they did the raid…you don’t think that’s armed for bear?

the clinton admin heavy handed stalinist tactics is what lead to the failure at Waco. This sort of tactics the xiden admin has been using on people they serve misdemeanor warrants on…this a agent objected and complained about it…he was fired for going to the IG with his concerns

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

The Bush Deputy AG, became acting AG.
And Reno wasn't confirmed until February 12th. The month after the raid.
haha the raid didn’t happen until the end of Feb and lasted well into march

Bush was out of the white house l, the acting ag was clinton’s choice.

Post 252 has no proof of any action by friend that should be held shainst him

The FBI was not following proper procedure and it was Friend’s duty to point that out
The FBI followed procedure. Friend’s judgement about procedure is affected by his bias.

Forum List

Back