Favorite Sandwich?

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
So, what's your favorite sandwich?

Once upon a time I'd have said it was the pastrami sandwich at the Carnegie Deli in Manhattan, but they closed their doors in 2016:

316216190_1177630496514135_8273409123177715856_n.jpg

So, saving that, I'd have to say it would be a nice, rare Boar's Head roast beef, with Boar's Head horseradish cheddar, a little bit of salt and mayonaise on white bread.

Of course, a meatball parm comes in a ridiculously close second.

Whatchoogot?

Beef cotto salami on WW bread with lettuce, salad dressing and horseradish mustard.

So, what's your favorite sandwich?

Once upon a time I'd have said it was the pastrami sandwich at the Carnegie Deli in Manhattan, but they closed their doors in 2016:

View attachment 731175

So, saving that, I'd have to say it would be a nice, rare Boar's Head roast beef, with Boar's Head horseradish cheddar, a little bit of salt and mayonaise on white bread.

Of course, a meatball parm comes in a ridiculously close second.

Whatchoogot?
Where's the melted swiss cheese? ;)

I watch out for salt. Most ham is too salty and mustard added makes it worse.
I never use salt so, what's in the ham is not going to affect me all that much.
The hams I get are from my local butcher and he soaks them in a brine before smoking.
It's not a salty ham, the worst hams for salt I've ever gotten was from Honey Glaze Hams

I never use salt so, what's in the ham is not going to affect me all that much.
The hams I get are from my local butcher and he soaks them in a brine before smoking.
It's not a salty ham, the worst hams for salt I've ever gotten was from Honey Glaze Hams
My Mother always said if it doesn't taste good it's not worth making. The problem I have is I can't duplicate her cooking anymore. Ingredients have changed through the years.

Ever had a Malibu Rabbit sandwich?

Pretty hard to beat a well made BLT.
Thin/crusty toasted bread... thick cut bacon, real summer tomato, with a spicy aioli.
Pair that with butternut squash bisque.... oh yeah.

Forum List

Back