Favorite/Most Heinous Form of Execution

WillMunny

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2016
Ancient Greece had a device called the "brazen bull." It was a live-cremation device which doubled as a musical instrument. It was a brass bull statue about the size of a pickup truck with an empty chamber in its belly large enough for a human body. Anyway, the victim was loaded into the "combustion chamber" and locked in. Then they'd light a giant fire under the bull's belly to slowly roast the poor bastard to death. And here's where the grotesque part comes in: the bull's combustion chamber had an air pipe leading to the bull's nose that was shaped and angled in such a way, it converted the victim's screams into brass instrument sounds blowing out the bull's nose, not unlike a tube or french horn. So the more the victim screamed, the more the brazen bull sounded like a brass musical section.

If you have a strong stomach, Google "the brazen bull" for further details.

Ancient Greece had a device called the "brazen bull." It was a live-cremation device which doubled as a musical instrument. It was a brass bull statue about the size of a pickup truck with an empty chamber in its belly large enough for a human body. Anyway, the victim was loaded into the "combustion chamber" and locked in. Then they'd light a giant fire under the bull's belly to slowly roast the poor bastard to death. And here's where the grotesque part comes in: the bull's combustion chamber had an air pipe leading to the bull's nose that was shaped and angled in such a way, it converted the victim's screams into brass instrument sounds blowing out the bull's nose, not unlike a tube or french horn. So the more the victim screamed, the more the brazen bull sounded like a brass musical section.

If you have a strong stomach, Google "the brazen bull" for further details.
I forget which emperor this was first introduced to, but he thought it was so horrible that he made the guy who invented it be the first person it was used on. Imagine it... this guy is so proud of his invention, then he is forced to get inside of it himself!

You want to know what I think is the most gruesome? The Tub. Took you several days to a couple of weeks to die while you are rotting in your own juices.

The Worst Ways to Die: Torture Practices of the Ancient World - SPIEGEL ONLINE - International

The Tub

And the punishment of "sitting in the tub" saw the convicted person placed in a wooden tub with only their head sticking out. The executioner would then paint the victim's face with milk and honey. Flies would begin to swarm around the victim's nose and eyelids. The victim was also fed regularly and fairly soon, they would virtually be swimming in their own excrement.

At which stage maggots and worms would devour their body. One victim apparently survived for 17 days -- he decayed alive.

Marriage ...

13559-nagging-annoy-bother-marriage-wife-couple-wide.1200w.tn.jpg

Slow draw and quartering

Or being cut in an alcohol bath

The brazen bull was always my favorite. What asshole thinks up something like that?

I would love to torture someone I hate, not kill them, too quick

QUOTE="aaronleland, post: 18926657, member: 37250"]The brazen bull was always my favorite. What asshole thinks up something like that?[/QUOTE]
What about Kim Jong Un? He had his own uncle and 5 of uncle's aides thrown into an iron cage, then released 120 starving dogs into the cage. Took the dogs 3 hours to eat them while alive.

Forum List

Back