Father of sandy hook victim says mental illness is the problem not guns.

thanatos144

Gold Member
Mar 29, 2009
Stuart Florida
?The Problem Is Not Gun Laws?: Watch the Emotional Speech by a Sandy Hook Victim?s Dad That Got a Standing Ovation | Video | TheBlaze.com

This is a emotional video to watch. He get applauded for what he said.

Mark Mattioli:“I think there’s much more promise for a solution in identifying, researching and creating solutions along the lines of mental health issues — I think there’s a lot of work that can be done there,” he said. ”I believe the solution may not be as easy to implement as I might hope, but it’s a simple concept. We need civility across our nation.”

When you watch this it just shows how sick it is that progressives use HIS dead son to prop up their fascist agenda.....I would say they should feel shame but we all know they have none.

Gee I would have thought progressives would like to hear from the man....Or is it only if they can use him as a political tool to stand on?

Nearly a month and a half since Newtown and no toxicology report on the shooter. Means that Danny Boy Malloy, Blumenthal, Murphy and the rest o the state Dems have got a hold on it till they figure out how to spin it when it gets released.
Back in the bad ole 70's when I went through school, getting my training, people like Adam were warehoused, institutionalized, treated and medicated, with a physician around somewhere on the premises to observe and record, not defecated out into the community to wander around college campuses and eventually find their way to defenseless elementary schools in gun free zones. Import a hundred thousand jihadis and force the community to house them and watch what happens.
If a 14 year old, 100 lb female needed 900 mg of thioridazine a day to keep her stable enough for the caretakers to handle her, she got 900 mg of thioridazine. But between then and now the ACLU decided they needed to be free and unmedicated so they could wreak their havoc, whenever and wherever.......

Watched the video.....I don't know how you legislate "civility". Sort of like you legislate morality and family values?

But in the interim until we figure out how to make people civil, they will just have to go without assault weapons. I think NOT having a fast, easy "solution" on the gun rack might just go a long way in helping people to figure out a different way to solve their problems.

And he also mentioned violence in films and the media. The Japanese kids have all the same video games we do and the rate of violent crimes in Japan is around 0. That's zero.

Last edited:
Nearly a month and a half since Newtown and no toxicology report on the shooter. Means that Danny Boy Malloy, Blumenthal, Murphy and the rest o the state Dems have got a hold on it till they figure out how to spin it when it gets released.
Back in the bad ole 70's when I went through school, getting my training, people like Adam were warehoused, institutionalized, treated and medicated, with a physician around somewhere on the premises to observe and record, not defecated out into the community to wander around college campuses and eventually find their way to defenseless elementary schools in gun free zones. Import a hundred thousand jihadis and force the community to house them and watch what happens.
If a 14 year old, 100 lb female needed 900 mg of thioridazine a day to keep her stable enough for the caretakers to handle her, she got 900 mg of thioridazine. But between then and now the ACLU decided they needed to be free and unmedicated so they could wreak their havoc, whenever and wherever.......
Isnt it amazing how little we treat those with mental illness now????? They will say it ia a funding problem and they are partially correct but the bigger problem is that many now think that if you just give them Prozac they will be fine.....The happy pill doesn't always make one happy.

What a load of horseshit. Perhaps you should wind your 1970's experiences back a little further to mid-1930's Germany and see who was throwing people into asylums at record rates and with very little evidence of real mental illness.

It should be extremely difficult in this society to prove mental insanity without an act of harm to oneself or others, before committing that person to an institution. Otherwise it's just Salem, Massachusetts all over again.

What a load of horseshit. Perhaps you should wind your 1970's experiences back a little further to mid-1930's Germany and see who was throwing people into asylums at record rates and with very little evidence of real mental illness.

It should be extremely difficult in this society to prove mental insanity without an act of harm to oneself or others, before committing that person to an institution. Otherwise it's just Salem, Massachusetts all over again.
Because it is so much safer to let them wander into a school with guns right? Oh yea I keep forgetting you think it was the guns that killed the kids not the poor misunderstood jack hole doing the shooting.

And for that you can thank Ronald Reagan. :clap2:

he made law?

Because it is so much safer to let them wander into a school with guns right? Oh yea I keep forgetting you think it was the guns that killed the kids not the poor misunderstood jack hole doing the shooting.

Adam Lanza did not have anything definable by state or county law that indicated he was a danger to anyone. It would have been a breach of his civil rights to have anyone try to commit him based on is medical records. That is why this mental illness aspect is so nebulous and faulty.

If you yourself are willing to have anecdotal information provided about you by undisclosed sources in order to verify how dangerous or SAFE you are to society, then step up, sign up or STFU.

Last edited:

Adam Lanza did not have anything definable by state or county law that indicated he was a danger to anyone. It would have been a breach of his civil rights to have anyone try to commit him based on is medical records. That is why this mental illness aspect is so nebulous and faulty.

If you yourself are willing to have anecdotal information provided about you by undisclosed sources in order to verify how dangerous or SAFE you are to society, then step up, sign up or STFU.

Aww is the wittle fascist angry cause I told the truth?

Answer the question: Are you willing to have authorities check into your background through undisclosed sources in order to verify your status as a safe civilian allowed on the streets?

Are you willing for acquaintances and neighbors to affirm how sane you are?

I didn't think so. You wouldn't know TRUTH if it slapped you in the face.

Last edited:
""He was a shy kid, quiet," said Alan Diaz who knew Lanza several years ago. "He would sometimes stand in the corner. We knew he was socially awkward and we just accepted it. But he was never threatening.""""

So come on Freud. Protect us, azzhat.

Answer the question: Are you willing to have authorities check into your background through undisclosed sources in order to verify your status as a safe civilian allowed on the streets?

Are you willing for acquaintances and neighbors to affirm how sane you are?

I didn't think so. You wouldn't know TRUTH if it slapped you in the face.

your an idiot.....Nowhere I did say anything about the government doing that....Dont you ever get tired of being a dishonest ass?

""He was a shy kid, quiet," said Alan Diaz who knew Lanza several years ago. "He would sometimes stand in the corner. We knew he was socially awkward and we just accepted it. But he was never threatening.""""

So come on Freud. Protect us, azzhat.

Freud was a fraud you dipshit. I am sorry but i will guarantee there were signs about this guys going over the deep end.....You just want to ignore that HE WAS THE REASON THE KIDS ARE DEAD!

he made law?

I'd bet you already know what he did, but in case I'm wrong, start reading:

Google

The bottom line is that something besides his access to guns drove Adam Lanza to commit such violence. Was it mental illness? Was it the alleged knowledge that his mother was looking to commit him? What if any medications was he taking? What is his medical history? I did read that a babysitter said that Lanza took medication as a child but not sure what type. Did he not get the help he needed because he was home schooled?

I think without lots of these questions answered it is shortsighted to focus on weapons and not address and wonder why 20 somethings are doing these horrendous killing sprees.

The bottom line is that something besides his access to guns drove Adam Lanza to commit such violence. Was it mental illness? Was it the alleged knowledge that his mother was looking to commit him? What if any medications was he taking? What is his medical history? I did read that a babysitter said that Lanza took medication as a child but not sure what type. Did he not get the help he needed because he was home schooled?

I think without lots of these questions answered it is shortsighted to focus on weapons and not address and wonder why 20 somethings are doing these horrendous killing sprees.

agreed

Forum List

Back