Fatal Portland shooting witness: 'Appalled' by 'people in the street celebrating' victim's death

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Video games, music, lack of opportunity, lack of empathy due to being told "these people are your enemy", lack of God in their lives. I could go on and on.

It's one thing for an individual to express an opinion, to do it in a large mob is worrisome to anyone. These are precisely the kinds of obedience and lack of concern for others that Nazis exploited. I guarantee there are some in these radical circles who hate America so much that they would welcome camps for citizens of a particular ideology.

Who started this "movement"? Who is funding it?

Fatal Portland shooting witness: 'Appalled' by 'people in the street celebrating' victim's death

Gabriel Johnson, a retired Marine who said he heard the gunshots that killed a man in Portland, Ore., on Saturday, told “Fox & Friends” on Monday that he was “appalled” by “all of the people in the street celebrating” his death.

Violent clashes between a massive pro-Trump caravan that drove through Portland and Black Lives Matter protesters left at least one person dead in a shooting Saturday evening, according to reports.

Video posted on social media showed a person suddenly dropping to the ground, and others rushing to assist, after what appears to be gunfire near an intersection as vehicles and pedestrians pass by.

Portland police said they were investigating a homicide in the area where the pro-Trump group and counter-protesters clashed but did not say whether the gunfire was directly related to the protests.

Police said Saturday evening no suspect information would be immediately released.

An Associated Press freelance photographer heard three gunshots and then observed police medics working on the body of the victim, who appeared to be a White man. The freelancer said the man was wearing a hat bearing the insignia of Patriot Prayer, a right-wing group whose members have frequently clashed with protesters in Portland in the past.

"I have tremendous PTSD," he said. "So 85 flash bangs and tear gas in my apartment is very triggering, and part of that trigger and one way to stop it is to be about change. We deserve better. We deserve to be brought together."

He said the American flags were meant as a symbol of unity, but they angered some of the protesters — including a woman who was shown throwing one of the flags onto the ground.
---------------------------------
The US flag has become a symbol of white nationalist groups, militias, and has been politicized.

I can see having PTSD he would be upset about the flash bangs.

Video games, music, lack of opportunity, lack of empathy due to being told "these people are your enemy", lack of God in their lives. I could go on and on.

It's one thing for an individual to express an opinion, to do it in a large mob is worrisome to anyone. These are precisely the kinds of obedience and lack of concern for others that Nazis exploited. I guarantee there are some in these radical circles who hate America so much that they would welcome camps for citizens of a particular ideology.

Gabriel Johnson, a retired Marine who said he heard the gunshots that killed a man in Portland, Ore., on Saturday, told “Fox & Friends” on Monday that he was “appalled” by “all of the people in the street celebrating” his death.

Violent clashes between a massive pro-Trump caravan that drove through Portland and Black Lives Matter protesters left at least one person dead in a shooting Saturday evening, according to reports.

Video posted on social media showed a person suddenly dropping to the ground, and others rushing to assist, after what appears to be gunfire near an intersection as vehicles and pedestrians pass by.

Portland police said they were investigating a homicide in the area where the pro-Trump group and counter-protesters clashed but did not say whether the gunfire was directly related to the protests.

Police said Saturday evening no suspect information would be immediately released.

An Associated Press freelance photographer heard three gunshots and then observed police medics working on the body of the victim, who appeared to be a White man. The freelancer said the man was wearing a hat bearing the insignia of Patriot Prayer, a right-wing group whose members have frequently clashed with protesters in Portland in the past.
Just dreadful. Thanks for the info.

So the cops werent able to throw the killer a bottle of water and thank him for killing someone? Oh wait.....

Forum List

Back