Faster than light observed at NASA.

Entanglement is a discovery, the thing is that future discoveries effect what older discoveries can be used for, Who would have thought that a nuclear explosion would lead to nearly inexhaustible power for land sea and space. The only weird thing about entanglement is that it does not fit into classical science as it is known, which merely points out how much still remains unknown
Entanglement is a discovery 1 hundred years ago.
Many quantum phenomena do not fit in classical science.

They sent an entangled image of schrodinger's cat.

An image is information

An image is information
Yes, an image is information, but it was not instant communication. The authors of the article did not say it was instant communication. Only you did.
Entanglement is instant

Get over it you just babbled that information could not be sent apparently being too ignorant to know that this had already been achieved

F

Entanglement is instant

Get over it you just babbled that information could not be sent apparently being too ignorant to know that this had already been achieved

F
Discovery of the remote state of a particle by measuring an entangled property of the local particle gives instant knowledge of the remote particle state. Before the measurement of the local particle state, nothing is known about the state of either particle. Tell me how you can communicate instantly with that.

Entanglement is instant

F
Discovery of the remote state of a particle by measuring an entangled property of the local particle gives instant knowledge of the remote particle state. Before the measurement of the local particle state, nothing is known about the state of either particle. Tell me how you can communicate instantly with that.

Face it you need to hand over the keys now.. if a cat image can be sent then any image can be sent. Including the images of the 26 letters in the alphabet you are using now.

Visionary thinkers do not live in shrodingers box

Face it you need to hand over the keys now.. if a cat image can be sent then any image can be sent. Including the images of the 26 letters in the alphabet you are using now.

To be a visionary thinker, you first must know how to think. Read your article again. They did not send the cat image superluminally.

To be a visionary thinker, you first must know how to think. Read your article again. They did not send the cat image superluminally.
I am not living in individual articles. I am living and thinking in free space. An article is a little picture, one can understand the little picture and not see the complete scene. Bill Gates was studying at Harvard when he saw the big picture and promptly dropped out to build it.

You study hard now

I am not living in individual articles. I am living and thinking in free space. An article is a little picture, one can understand the little picture and not see the complete scene. Bill Gates was studying at Harvard when he saw the big picture and promptly dropped out to build it.

You study hard now
Yes, I understand. You dearly want instantaneous or faster than light communication to be a fact. We all do. All scientists and technical people do. But you can't do it with entanglement. Having a vision of a better technical future is nice. But you also have to figure out how to, (and how not to) approach it. If you like to visualize the future but have no idea how to achieve that, then it has to remain science fiction. I am not saying that superluminal communication is not possible for all far in the future technology, I am saying that entanglement as we now understand it is not the right idea.

You study hard now
Yes, I understand. You dearly want instantaneous or faster than light communication to be a fact. We all do. All scientists and technical people do. But you can't do it with entanglement. Having a vision of a better technical future is nice. But you also have to figure out how to, (and how not to) approach it. If you like to visualize the future but have no idea how to achieve that, then it has to remain science fiction. I am not saying that superluminal communication is not possible for all far in the future technology, I am saying that entanglement as we now understand it is not the right idea.

You can't do it is your philosophy, I do not share your negative outlook. Never did and as such have done it so to speak

As for entanglement being old, this is just not true as every learn able thing or discovery is as old as time, only human understanding changes.

Furthermore entanglement has already sent information as you claimed it could not. You just cant see the big picture

Last edited:
You can't do it is your philosophy, I do not share your negative outlook. Never did and as such have done it so to speak
My outlook is this:
No-communication theorem - Wikipedia
My negative outlook?? That's the pot calling the kettle black. You have a totally negative outlook on abiogenesis. That does not stretch the laws of physics while entanglement being superluminal communication does stretch it.
As for entanglement being old, this is just not true as every learn able thing or discovery is as old as time, only human understanding changes.
Of course.
Furthermore entanglement has already sent information as you claimed it could not. You just cant see the big picture
Entanglement is valuable for transmitting secure information. But it can only do it at light speed.

My outlook is this:
No-communication theorem - Wikipedia
My negative outlook?? That's the pot calling the kettle black. You have a totally negative outlook on abiogenesis. That does not stretch the laws of physics while entanglement being superluminal communication does stretch it.
Of course.
Entanglement is valuable for transmitting secure information. But it can only do it at light speed.

Any 8 year old can post to wikipedia.....

Nice source for your rambles

Lol abiogenesis, the belief that the most powerful and complicated code in the known universe a code that by its nature violates all natural physical laws created itself one day in a pond. Tyson knows full well this is impossible so now he says that the universe is a program on a hard drive. Now he knows this is nonsense but the program and the hard drive require a programmer......

Long ago revealed as god, so Tyson is merely calling God a programmer, and since DNA is molecular code Tyson is quite right to call God a programmer.

Time does change the understanding of what has always been

Your loss on the computer particle data entanglement front is accepted, your deflection to a topic that can not be proved or disproved is comical

Last edited:

Lol abiogenesis, the belief that the most powerful and complicated code in the known universe a code that by its nature violates all natural physical laws created itself one day in a pond. Tyson knows full well this is impossible so now he says that the universe is a program on a hard drive. Now he knows this is nonsense but the program and the hard drive require a programmer......

Long ago revealed as god, so Tyson is merely calling God a programmer, and since DNA is molecular code Tyson is quite right to call God a programmer.

Your loss on the computer particle data entanglement front is accepted, your deflection to a topic that can not be proved or disproved is comical
As far as abiogenesis, I am living and thinking in free space. You can't do it is your philosophy, I do not share your negative outlook. Never did... Your rejection of even a possibility of abiogenesis is quite comical.

I accept that you disbelieve modern physics. You are very much like SSDD in that regard.

As far as abiogenesis, I am living and thinking in free space. You can't do it is your philosophy, I do not share your negative outlook. Never did... Your rejection of even a possibility of abiogenesis is quite comical.

I accept that you disbelieve modern physics. You are very much like SSDD in that regard.

Lol, be my guest and demonstrate abiogenesis

I will personally hand you your Nobel prize if you choose, that is providing you do not fall on your face again

So do you really feel that special

Again how did life form in a pond if as renowned physicist Tyson says that everything including the pond are actually computer code?

Tyson needs your help, and a good shrink as well

See what is happening with Tyson is that he is coming to grips that God is a scientific necessity, he just refuses to say God but says programmer

God does not care what he is called, just that we follow our programming and survive and thrive

Last edited:
Cool Pappa Bell was faster than light 70 years ago. They say he was so fast that he could turn the bedroom light switch off and then be under the covers before the room got dark.
Like i said when the observations do not fit into your religious parameters you ignore and mock it to protect your religion
What I said is urban legend and has nothing to do with religion. Cool Papa Bell played baseball in the negro league from 1922-1946. They say he was the fastest man that ever lived. He hit one up the middle once and was called out when the ball hit him sliding into second.
i hate that when that happens...

Lol, be my guest and demonstrate abiogenesis
Abiogenesis, what ever it was, followed laws of chemistry. Superluminal information transfer does not.
Nope, the code in DNA is information, it is a complicated molecular code. Combine any and every chemical you choose, you will get chemical reactions of all types, but you will never get a complicated string of base 4 codes needed to form life. (you will never get one string either)

This is not science because there is no evidence to show that this could happen, science requires evidence gathered and proved. Shit mitochondria under electron examination is made of what appear to be molecular motors. DNA is engineering, not in any way natural. When we go to Mars we will reengineer the DNA for the new environment.

Do you doubt that?

The engineer is effectively God

https://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S0092-8674(00)81140-X

Rotary DNA motors. - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:
Nope, the code in DNA is information, it is a complicated molecular code. Combine any and every chemical you choose, you will get chemical reactions of all types, but you will never get a complicated string of base 4 codes needed to form life. (you will never get one string either)

This is not science because there is no evidence to show that this could happen, science requires evidence gathered and proved. Shit mitochondria under electron examination is made of what appear to be molecular motors. DNA is engineering, not in any way natural. When we go to Mars we will reengineer the DNA for the new environment.

You lack imagination. You think life in it's final form must suddenly pop up for abiogenesis to be valid. Look up Markov Chains. Chains of many small steps can precede the first stage of life.

A card game where all four players are dealt a royal flush is highly improbable. If there are trillions of trillions of card games being played continually for millions of years, the low probability becomes almost a certainty. That also holds for a small chain of DNA starting a crude spark of life. Evolution does the rest.

In short, Abiogenesis does not violate physics. Superluminal information transfer does.

You lack imagination. You think life in it's final form must suddenly pop up for abiogenesis to be valid. Look up Markov Chains. Chains of many small steps can precede the first stage of life.

A card game where all four players are dealt a royal flush is highly improbable. If there are trillions of trillions of card games being played continually for millions of years, the low probability becomes almost a certainty. That also holds for a small chain of DNA starting a crude spark of life. Evolution does the rest.

In short, Abiogenesis does not violate physics. Superluminal information transfer does.

The really funny thing here is that you switched this conversation to abiogenesis after you said that entanglement could not send information, then I proved that it already had. So this entire abiogenesis conversation is happening because you humiliated yourself at not knowing that images of animals are considered information and as such I was correct and you are stuck behind the 8 ball

Schrödinger's cat caught on quantum film
dn26111-1_800.jpg

Schrödinger’s cat is the poster child for quantum weirdness. Now it has been immortalised in a portrait created by one of the theory’s strangest consequences: quantum entanglement.

These images were generated using a cat stencil and entangled photons. The really spooky part is that the photons used to generate the image never interacted with the stencil, while the photons that illuminated the stencil were never seen by the camera.

When two separate particles are entangled, measurements of their physical properties are correlated, and they effectively share a single quantum state. Gabriela Barreto Lemos at the Austrian Academy of Sciences in Vienna and her colleagues used this quantum connection between particles to make these images of a cat without directly photographing it.

To do it, the researchers created yellow and red pairs of entangled photons. The yellow photons were fired at the cat stencil, while the red photons were sent to the camera. Thanks to their entanglement, the red photons formed the image of the cat because of the quantum link to their yellow twins.

The silicon stencil was transparent to red light and the camera could only detect red light. This demonstrates that the technique can image objects that are invisible to the detected photons

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn26111-schrodingers-cat-caught-on-quantum-film/#ixzz625JQpGpI

LOL so you think the parts of DNA could have formed and then combined themselves in the right order to form anything.

Please demonstrate

But you do answer me ... you have no idea who Maxwell is nor his connection to Einstein ... the more you respond to me, the more you tell me about yourself ... this is your thread, I assumed you wanted to discuss the matter in the OP ... foolish that I should deceive myself so quickly ...
You just like a progressive. No science is set in stone. Newton's theories on gravity have been augmented when new understanding was reached.

Newton rules supreme in the areas of science that interest me ... in some circumstances, this doesn't give good enough results and need to use the more refined principles of GR ... yes, I do think we need to progress beyond GR and find the even more basic nature of the universe ... but I don't think it's enough to say "such-and-such is wrong" without also adding "because this-and-that is correct" ... my own Crackpot Theory™ is the speed-of-light is slowing down over time, it's not that the galaxies are moving away from us, rather the light they emit is moving faster ... ha ha ha ... should only have to wait a couple billion years to find out ...
Nah, makes too much sense. Like you're saying light speed increases where the Aether is thin or something. Crazy!

Forum List

Back