Fans "boo" moment of national unity

You seem very confused. We are talking about player protests not voting ID requirements.
You and RealDave claim voter suppression and I asked you to tell me why requiring a picture id represents minority voter suppression

which you have so far failed to explain

Why? Because no one actually believes in it or they would have instituted it already. There is nothing to stop a state from giving out a photo voter I.D. card when people register to vote.

Maybe, maybe not. But the point is, no one got a photo ID when they registered to vote but for some reason, getting one seems to be a hardship for many in the black community. Or so many on the left claim. And no one has been able to adequately and logically explain why acquiring ID is a hardship for blacks, especially given that many of them drive, buy vehicles, open bank accounts, buy liquor and tobacco products, etc.

This is nothing more than a way to divide people.

Explain to us how requiring everyone to have a photo ID to vote divides us.

I did. You can address what I said or just keep on asking the same question over and over.

That's the first time I asked you that question. What are you talking about?

There is NOTHING stopping a state from giving people picture I.D.'s as voter registration cards. Nothing. Why aren't states doing so? Politicians have no interest in doing it.

It's a good idea. But the question remains as to why it is seemingly so difficult for blacks to get an ID. Also, photo ID is required to get voter ID in the first place.

I already covered all of this. It is not.

If it's not difficult for them then what is the fucking problem?

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Meaning: I have no adequate rebuttal.
You are right: you don't. Government voting IDs have nothing to with the OP. The fans were booing the opposing team not national unity.

I'm not the one who brought up voter ID. Idiot.

The incident was particularly striking because it was meant as a show of unity rather than any kind of protest with players, both black and white, linking arms.

“Some NFL fans booing the players for standing and locking arms in a moment of silent unity proves that for them the ‘standing for the flag’ was always about perpetuating white supremacy,” wrote Kansas City councilman Eric Bunch on Twitter.

What do these meatheads want ? A protest to celebrate inequality ?
Most on the right – Trump supporters in particular – maintain the wrongheaded notion that there is no inequality.

So, removed on your spin, you admit that the act was not meant to be a show of national unity.

And that is the point. This is about pandering or kowtowing to the racist left mob.

Really, demanding equality is pandering to the left? Are you admitting the right is for the inequality that exists today?

This nation has had a bi-partisan consensus on equality for blacks for over 60 years now.

That being said, there is a lot of debate on HOW TO get there.

That you vilely spin that disagreement into opposition, is you being a Troll, and a divisive wace baiting ass.

Bi-partisan? Bullshit. The Republican party's voter suppression activities targets minorities.

You disagree that police brutality against blacks is worthy of protesting

1. The Vote suppression is bullshit.

2. COrrect. I disagree with your people's protests. You just caught that? Wow. Born slow or dropped on head?

You seem very confused. We are talking about player protests not voting ID requirements.
You and RealDave claim voter suppression and I asked you to tell me why requiring a picture id represents minority voter suppression

Why? Because no one actually believes in it or they would have instituted it already. There is nothing to stop a state from giving out a photo voter I.D. card when people register to vote.

Maybe, maybe not. But the point is, no one got a photo ID when they registered to vote but for some reason, getting one seems to be a hardship for many in the black community. Or so many on the left claim. And no one has been able to adequately and logically explain why acquiring ID is a hardship for blacks, especially given that many of them drive, buy vehicles, open bank accounts, buy liquor and tobacco products, etc.

Exactly. There are Black nations in Africa that require photo ID to vote. It's racist to promote the idea that Black people are not able to acquire a photo ID if other humans can.
No, it is not racist, which has nothing to do with the national unity protest by the Chiefs.
The Chiefs are protesting National unity? I thought Nationalists are fascist and nazis?
Thank you for getting back on topic.

You capitalized the letter "N" to get a silly twist on national unity. Do you think a national set of ideals and precepts based on the Constitution is somehow National Fascism? Really??
No, but you twits keep lecturing us about white supremacists being Nationalist. Consistency isn't a Democrat virtue, is it.
The consistency is that national unity transcends what supremacism and BLM is the point, my friend.
Did you reach that conclusion through transcendental meditation?
Through logic and understand of world history.

Exactly. There are Black nations in Africa that require photo ID to vote. It's racist to promote the idea that Black people are not able to acquire a photo ID if other humans can.
No, it is not racist, which has nothing to do with the national unity protest by the Chiefs.
The Chiefs are protesting National unity? I thought Nationalists are fascist and nazis?
Thank you for getting back on topic.

You capitalized the letter "N" to get a silly twist on national unity. Do you think a national set of ideals and precepts based on the Constitution is somehow National Fascism? Really??
No, but you twits keep lecturing us about white supremacists being Nationalist. Consistency isn't a Democrat virtue, is it.
The consistency is that national unity transcends what supremacism and BLM is the point, my friend.
Did you reach that conclusion through transcendental meditation?
Through logic and understand of world history.
If that was true you would be a conservative.

Yes, a conservative would wrongly think that. You don't understand the demonstration during the anthem was for national unity not against the flag.

And since you don't get it, good bye.

The incident was particularly striking because it was meant as a show of unity rather than any kind of protest with players, both black and white, linking arms.

“Some NFL fans booing the players for standing and locking arms in a moment of silent unity proves that for them the ‘standing for the flag’ was always about perpetuating white supremacy,” wrote Kansas City councilman Eric Bunch on Twitter.

Most on the right – Trump supporters in particular – maintain the wrongheaded notion that there is no inequality.
Where exactly do you claim the law is unequal? I think you're delusional.
For rightists to acknowledge the fact that inequality exists is to acknowledge that conservatives are wrong about issues such as public assistance, housing programs, and education outreach for minorities.

It’s to acknowledge the fact that demonstrations and protests against inequality are justified and appropriate.

It’s to acknowledge the fact that black Americans are subject to discrimination by law enforcement.

Conservatives can’t acknowledge the fact of inequality and discrimination because it would take from them the lie they use to motivate the base to vote – the lie that inequality doesn’t exist.
I'll remember that next time I serve filet mignon to someone who pays with foodstamps and drives away in a Beamer. Think I'm kidding?

Foodstamps can't be used for prepared food.
Filet mignon has to be taken somewhere and cooked
Now we know the undeveloped mentality that is You

It was said it was "served" to them. It was a lie.
No one can pay for a filet mignon in a restaurant with stamps.

That's correct. Your point?

Where exactly do you claim the law is unequal? I think you're delusional.
For rightists to acknowledge the fact that inequality exists is to acknowledge that conservatives are wrong about issues such as public assistance, housing programs, and education outreach for minorities.

It’s to acknowledge the fact that demonstrations and protests against inequality are justified and appropriate.

It’s to acknowledge the fact that black Americans are subject to discrimination by law enforcement.

Conservatives can’t acknowledge the fact of inequality and discrimination because it would take from them the lie they use to motivate the base to vote – the lie that inequality doesn’t exist.
I'll remember that next time I serve filet mignon to someone who pays with foodstamps and drives away in a Beamer. Think I'm kidding?

Foodstamps can't be used for prepared food.
Filet mignon has to be taken somewhere and cooked
Now we know the undeveloped mentality that is You

It was said it was "served" to them. It was a lie.
He sold it to them and they drove off. You are so freaking inexperienced that you think it was a prepared meal. Corrrct your error rather than “defending” it.

Thanks! I was going to wait to see how long it took him to get it! :rofl:
Libtards know better what you did than you do
You said served so it Had to be prepared food and you are lying.
Food stamps can not be used on prepared food so you are lying

And-they did not drive off in a nice fancy car you racist but rather humbly took public transportation

Those are some very agressively prejudiced words there, mac, as you sit in your little chair making wild assumptions about people youve never met. I can truly admit that I cant cure your paranoid derangement syndrome but maybe a good psychiatrist can. And what are YOU assuming about race here? I never mentioned anything about anyone's race. I cant help you if youre hallucinating. See a professional. Why would you assume the people I speak of are of a particular race unless youre a racist?

I've addressed it over and over. If you want people to vote with a picture I.D. give them one when they register to vote.

Voting is one of the most important rights acknowledged in this country. What you are wanting is for people to have to go through another step now to vote even though they already did everything they are required to do to vote.
So you are willing to have your vote nullified all because getting a photo i.d. is too onerous a task for you?
You don't think anything of your vote, do you.

Yes, a conservative would wrongly think that. You don't understand the demonstration during the anthem was for national unity not against the flag.

And since you don't get it, good bye.

I dont want to be forced to "unite" with everyone for fear of being labeled and libeled. I just want to have my constitutional rights respected while respecting everyone else's. That's the only form of unity any American needs. I dont need to hold hands. I dont want to be coerced into singing with all the little people to avoid being shamed by a bunch of facist assholes. All you have to do is respect MY right to CHOOSE and I will never care if you are black, white, Hispanic, Jewish, Chinese, Romulan or Ferengi....

What national "unity"? Since when is cowardly NFL pandering considered national unity?
Only when a moron troll says it is. And he is dumber than a sack of pig shit.

What a maroon.

Fans booed football being turned into SJW Marxist Indoctrination.

I've addressed it over and over. If you want people to vote with a picture I.D. give them one when they register to vote.

Voting is one of the most important rights acknowledged in this country. What you are wanting is for people to have to go through another step now to vote even though they already did everything they are required to do to vote.
So you are willing to have your vote nullified all because getting a photo i.d. is too onerous a task for you?

I am not interested in your conspiracy theories. There are plenty of websites for that.

You don't have to agree with their goals, but if you disagree with their right to protest, then that disagreement shows that such people do not support American civil liberties. To right protest is an one way street only.

They have the right to protest, as well as be told correctly that they are wrong.

They can protest on their own time.

When they are on the job, as publicly-visible representatives of their employer, they need to present a good image for their employer, especially in an entertainment business that is so deeply dependent on appealing to an audience. Using that occasion to engage in a “protest” which is offensive to a very large portion of their intended audience, and damaging to their employer's image with that audience, is malfeasance. At the very least, they should expect to be subject to some disciplinary action from their employer, very likely up to the point of being fired. This is no different than in any other profession, except that this one is particularly sensitive to public image.

Ghost, just support national unity, huh?

I'm not the one kneeling for the National Anthem.
Then you are not for national unity if you condemn them.
See. This is the problem. If you disagree (Condem) then we can’t be unified.
It’s not an either-or. In the US it’s everyone’s right to have any opinion. Your post is as un-American as there is.
You don't have to agree with their goals, but if you disagree with their right to protest, then that disagreement shows that such people do not support American civil liberties. To right protest is an one way street only.
Showing that you disagree with a protest is just as much a protest as the protest itself! When those fans booed the players they were protesting. Despite what liberals now appear to believe...you don't get to silence the opposition because YOU have a point of view! Their voices are just as protected as yours are!

Disagreeing is one thing. Being the president and calling for them to be fired is another.
I personally wouldn't call on them to be fired.

But the president did.

I would however call on those who think politics shouldn't be mixed with sports to ignore them. If I go to the local diner for breakfast and the waitress insists on giving me a lecture about something she feels strongly about...then I'm probably not going to frequent that establishment. Now if the owner of that diner ends up firing her because she's killing their business then that's really not on me...is it?

A president is suppose to address the complaints of the people, not call them SOB's.

What country before ever existed a century and half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two?

Thomas Jefferson.

Trump speaks his mind. He's not a politician. A large portion of the country agrees with that view. That portion of the population also happens to be the most rabid NFL fans! That doesn't bode well for the NFL. Just saying...

Trump lies & spews hate and his supporters love it., Only an ass would be proud of that.
You support Black Lives Matter. They support riots. Who's REALLY the "ass" in this conversation? :)

A riot is the language of the unheard

MLK
Do you want me to rattle off a few dozen Martin Luther King quotes that are against violence? The man did NOT support violent protests!

He didn't but like Thomas Jefferson he understand that when you have a government ignoring the pleas of the people riots is what you will get.

Their words were warnings to the government, not to the people.
So what was Martin's response when government ignored pleas of the people? It wasn't violent protest. It was non violent protest. Black Lives Matter has nothing in common with Martin Luther King. They believe that they can strong arm America into giving into their demands and those demands in many ways have ZERO to do with racism!

Well in the end we don't know what MLK might have accepted as he was killed. Also we must note that we tried to make strides towards a more equal society during King's life. We enacted the Civil Rights Act. There was plenty of violence during the 60's.

Now those with complaints get called SOB's by the president.

Show me a single instance of Martin Luther King leading a violent protest...

Last edited:
With a voter I.D. card anyone is entitled to vote.
Really? Voter I.D.s are issued whether you are legally entitled to vote or not?
That seems like a giant hole in the system.
That's one way of covering for voter fraud.

The only problem we have had with voting fraud was by the GOP in North Carolina but even that was caught.
Nixon-Kennedy? Widespread voter fraud in Chicago? That WASN'T the GOP...that was the Democratic Party!

I am not interested in your conspiracy theories. There are plenty of websites for that.
Do not use a phrase like "conspiracy theory" when you clearly don't know what that is.

Ghost, just support national unity, huh?

I'm not the one kneeling for the National Anthem.
Then you are not for national unity if you condemn them.
See. This is the problem. If you disagree (Condem) then we can’t be unified.
It’s not an either-or. In the US it’s everyone’s right to have any opinion. Your post is as un-American as there is.
Showing that you disagree with a protest is just as much a protest as the protest itself! When those fans booed the players they were protesting. Despite what liberals now appear to believe...you don't get to silence the opposition because YOU have a point of view! Their voices are just as protected as yours are!

Disagreeing is one thing. Being the president and calling for them to be fired is another.
I personally wouldn't call on them to be fired.

But the president did.

I would however call on those who think politics shouldn't be mixed with sports to ignore them. If I go to the local diner for breakfast and the waitress insists on giving me a lecture about something she feels strongly about...then I'm probably not going to frequent that establishment. Now if the owner of that diner ends up firing her because she's killing their business then that's really not on me...is it?

A president is suppose to address the complaints of the people, not call them SOB's.

What country before ever existed a century and half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two?

Thomas Jefferson.

Trump speaks his mind. He's not a politician. A large portion of the country agrees with that view. That portion of the population also happens to be the most rabid NFL fans! That doesn't bode well for the NFL. Just saying...

Trump lies & spews hate and his supporters love it., Only an ass would be proud of that.
You support Black Lives Matter. They support riots. Who's REALLY the "ass" in this conversation? :)

A riot is the language of the unheard

MLK
Do you want me to rattle off a few dozen Martin Luther King quotes that are against violence? The man did NOT support violent protests!

He didn't but like Thomas Jefferson he understand that when you have a government ignoring the pleas of the people riots is what you will get.

Their words were warnings to the government, not to the people.
So what was Martin's response when government ignored pleas of the people? It wasn't violent protest. It was non violent protest. Black Lives Matter has nothing in common with Martin Luther King. They believe that they can strong arm America into giving into their demands and those demands in many ways have ZERO to do with racism!

Well in the end we don't know what MLK might have accepted as he was killed. Also we must note that we tried to make strides towards a more equal society during King's life. We enacted the Civil Rights Act. There was plenty of violence during the 60's.

Now those with complaints get called SOB's by the president.

Show me single instance of Martin Luther King leading a violent protest...

Why?

With a voter I.D. card anyone is entitled to vote.
Really? Voter I.D.s are issued whether you are legally entitled to vote or not?
That seems like a giant hole in the system.
That's one way of covering for voter fraud.

The only problem we have had with voting fraud was by the GOP in North Carolina but even that was caught.
Nixon-Kennedy? Widespread voter fraud in Chicago? That WASN'T the GOP...that was the Democratic Party!

Are we discussing 60 years ago or recently? The GOP didn't cheat in North Carolina?

Forum List

Back