Dolphins’ Owners’ Try To Punish Protesting Players, NFL Rethinks Its Anthem Protest Policy

Bottom line: Americans have had their fill. They will stay away from the games so long as the players continue to insult America.

They can go fuck themselves. I will never watch any team that allows players to take a knee.

The players aren’t insulting America; they are protesting police brutality.

Unless you equate police brutality with America....

It doesn't matter what they intend the protest to be. A large portion of the country sees it as disrespect. The method of protest has become the topic of discussion, not the reason for the protest. A smart person would realize they are not getting the intended reaction and try something else. However we are dealing with professional athletes, a form of celebrity, and they evidently can't understand that they are not getting the reaction they wanted. So for some reason they are doubling down on a losing proposition.

I think it's a combination of pride, and the fact that as top level athletes they have been catered to and sucked up to since they were teenagers.

Actually, doubling down is a sign of commitment.

You don’t like how they protest? Too bad.

You really don't get it. Protest is a means of pushing a message. Right now the message has been lost, and the means is the only topic of debate. A rational person would realize this and change their method if the message is the important thing.

There is a difference between commitment and stubborn foolishness.

The message has gotten lost because people who disagree with the protest have twisted the message.

There are always going to be people who disagree. If the protestors listen to them, they would only be able to “protest” when nobody is watching.

Wrong. The fans weren't fooled. That's all that happened. Anyone who wants me to apologize for American can go fuck himself. I sure as hell won't watch him play football.

Where's the diversity in the NFL? why are there no women and so few Asian men? Fire the Kneelers, hire an Asian. At least they respectful.

Steve Ross paid $1 billion of his own money to buy the Dolphins. He's right to try to maintain the value of his team. It would be like workers at Hudson Yards deciding they had a right to take a knee instead of working

You have the right to protest, just not on company time

Does taking a knee take away from the productivity of standing during those moments?

It doesn’t interfere with the game. It doesn’t take away “work time.” It’s simply a change of position while the song is playing.
Bottom line: Americans have had their fill. They will stay away from the games so long as the players continue to insult America.

They can go fuck themselves. I will never watch any team that allows players to take a knee.

It doesn't matter what they intend the protest to be. A large portion of the country sees it as disrespect. The method of protest has become the topic of discussion, not the reason for the protest. A smart person would realize they are not getting the intended reaction and try something else. However we are dealing with professional athletes, a form of celebrity, and they evidently can't understand that they are not getting the reaction they wanted. So for some reason they are doubling down on a losing proposition.

I think it's a combination of pride, and the fact that as top level athletes they have been catered to and sucked up to since they were teenagers.

Too bad for them when millions of fans decide they don't want to pay to be insulted.

Where's the diversity in the NFL? why are there no women and so few Asian men? Fire the Kneelers, hire an Asian. At least they respectful.

Steve Ross paid $1 billion of his own money to buy the Dolphins. He's right to try to maintain the value of his team. It would be like workers at Hudson Yards deciding they had a right to take a knee instead of working

Does taking a knee take away from the productivity of standing during those moments?

It doesn’t interfere with the game. It doesn’t take away “work time.” It’s simply a change of position while the song is playing.

Let them go protest police brutality down at the police station. When they protest during the national anthem, they are protesting America. No amount of spin and weaseling is going to get around that obvious fact.

In this case it's a sign of idiocy. Smart people don't shit where they eat.

Forum List

Back