Fans "boo" moment of national unity

The incident was particularly striking because it was meant as a show of unity rather than any kind of protest with players, both black and white, linking arms.

“Some NFL fans booing the players for standing and locking arms in a moment of silent unity proves that for them the ‘standing for the flag’ was always about perpetuating white supremacy,” wrote Kansas City councilman Eric Bunch on Twitter.

What do these meatheads want ? A protest to celebrate inequality ?
It was essentially a vocalization of why Trump is in the White House right now.

Agreed. You people can't resist spitting in the face of those that disagree with you. This motivates them to vote against you.

And for Trump.

And this will continue. Is continuing.
Try to calm down. I understand your perspective on this and have more than once been called a "racist" by Regressive Lefties for pointing it out.

Life is not binary, either/or. There are many of us who can see the big picture on issues. True story.

Go drama queen on someone else.

When you support the narrative that this country is systemically wacist, you are insulting the country and the people that make it up.

That is not me "drama queen", that is the clear picture, whether you are looking at the big picture, or the small.
As I've said a couple of thousand times, I see plenty of problems on both ends of this.

You either can't or won't. Probably a combination therein. And this is why I no longer bother with asymmetrical conversations here.

We aren't talking about the overall balance here. It is one specific incident, where the league, did something and the fans reacted by booing.

The act the league did, was insulting and divisive. The fans were right to not just sit there, and take being insulted.
It's certainly their right to boo.

Well, thanks for that I guess.

But, I did not think you were such a lefty that you wanted to deprive your opponents of their right to speech.

What I did point out, was that they were being insulted and reacted appropriately.

Are you able to respond to that point?

The incident was particularly striking because it was meant as a show of unity rather than any kind of protest with players, both black and white, linking arms.

“Some NFL fans booing the players for standing and locking arms in a moment of silent unity proves that for them the ‘standing for the flag’ was always about perpetuating white supremacy,” wrote Kansas City councilman Eric Bunch on Twitter.

Agreed. You people can't resist spitting in the face of those that disagree with you. This motivates them to vote against you.

And for Trump.

Try to calm down. I understand your perspective on this and have more than once been called a "racist" by Regressive Lefties for pointing it out.

Life is not binary, either/or. There are many of us who can see the big picture on issues. True story.

When you support the narrative that this country is systemically wacist, you are insulting the country and the people that make it up.

That is not me "drama queen", that is the clear picture, whether you are looking at the big picture, or the small.
As I've said a couple of thousand times, I see plenty of problems on both ends of this.

You either can't or won't. Probably a combination therein. And this is why I no longer bother with asymmetrical conversations here.

We aren't talking about the overall balance here. It is one specific incident, where the league, did something and the fans reacted by booing.

The act the league did, was insulting and divisive. The fans were right to not just sit there, and take being insulted.

But, I did not think you were such a lefty that you wanted to deprive your opponents of their right to speech.

What I did point out, was that they were being insulted and reacted appropriately.

As I already said, I see problems on both ends of this. Another thing I've said a few thousand times is that the Regressive Left long ago weaponized PC & Identity Politics, over-using the word "racist" (and now the Trumpsters are doing it), to the point at which it created a massive backlash (which I actually predicted back in 2016).

A significant element of Trump's win was that very same backlash. The Regressive Left shot itself in the foot with PC/Identity Politics, they have gone too far, as I predicted, and we saw a manifestation of it last night. It may be the single biggest reason Trump still has a good shot at re-election.

I've said all this so many times. Maybe you should ask questions instead of attacking.

I'm not a sports fan myself, but my guess would be is that what they want is to be able yo enjoy watching a football game without a bunch of irrelevant and offensive political bullshit being injected into it.

"Peaceful protest". That's what Trump and his supporters claim they wanted. You are showing that was another lie.

And for Trump.

As I already said, I see problems on both ends of this. Another thing I've said a few thousand times is that the Regressive Left long ago weaponized PC & Identity Politics, over-using the word "racist" (and now the Trumpsters are doing it), to the point at which it created a massive backlash (which I actually predicted back in 2016).

A significant element of Trump's win was that very same backlash. The Regressive Left shot itself in the foot with PC/Identity Politics, they have gone too far, as I predicted, and we saw a manifestation of it last night. It may be the single biggest reason Trump still has a good shot at re-election.

I've said all this so many times. Maybe you should ask questions instead of attacking.

I did ask you a question. After I made a point about the OP and your response did not seem to address it.

And for Trump.

I did ask you a question. After I made a point about the OP and your response did not seem to address it.
I hope I have.

I'm not a sports fan myself, but my guess would be is that what they want is to be able yo enjoy watching a football game without a bunch of irrelevant and offensive political bullshit being injected into it.

"Peaceful protest". That's what Trump and his supporters claim they wanted. You are showing that was another lie.

We are happy that the players managed to not attack the fans.

We still are unhappy that they are insulting the nation and it's citizens, at a sporting event.

That you find this confusing, is because of problems in your head, not ours.

And for Trump.

I hope I have.

NOW, you have.

We still are unhappy that they are insulting the nation and it's citizens, at a sporting event.

There we go. You were offended over a show of unity. As I said.........not happy.

The white supremacist are losing and they aren't happy.

When you call good people white supremacists based on the fact they don't like being insulted, you are the asshole.

Many of those "good people" showed how good they were by responding to the show of unity with their tomahawk chop.

Makes sense. A way to show that they don't give a damn about your pc hysterics.

What part of this are you not getting? We are done being lectured by you assholes.

Most on the right – Trump supporters in particular – maintain the wrongheaded notion that there is no inequality.
Some folk re so stupid they shouldnt be allowed to use cutlery.
Acknowledging the fact that inequality exists is for conservatives to acknowledge the fact that they are wrong – something conservatives never do; although conservatives are consistent at being wrong.

There we go. You were offended over a show of unity. As I said.........not happy.

When you support the narrative that the nation is systemically wacist, you insult the nation and it's citizens, at least the white ones.

Doing that, is not a "show of unity" but a divisive political statement and an insult to the fans.

None of those fans, should ever return to that stadium.

Most on the right – Trump supporters in particular – maintain the wrongheaded notion that there is no inequality.
Some folk re so stupid they shouldnt be allowed to use cutlery.
Acknowledging the fact that inequality exists is for conservatives to acknowledge the fact that they are wrong – something conservatives never do; although conservatives are consistent at being wrong.

A "show of unity" that requires your enemies to "admit they are wrong" is not a "show of unity" but a divisive political statement.

The white supremacist are losing and they aren't happy.

When you call good people white supremacists based on the fact they don't like being insulted, you are the asshole.

Many of those "good people" showed how good they were by responding to the show of unity with their tomahawk chop.

Makes sense. A way to show that they don't give a damn about your pc hysterics.

What part of this are you not getting? We are done being lectured by you assholes.

You are upset that things are changing. Period. You know this isn't just going to go away are you are free to be as offended as you wish.

Forum List

Back