Fanni Willis shot down.....19 defendants won't be tried together....Victory for Trump!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, one of the "inflection points" may very well be Krakenpot Powell's guilty plea yesterday.

Today's newsfeed from Reuters had this to say:

"WASHINGTON, Oct 19 (Reuters) - A former lawyer for Donald Trump on Thursday pleaded guilty to aiding the former U.S. president's efforts to overturn his election defeat in the state of Georgia, agreeing to testify against him if called.

The lawyer, Sidney Powell, pleaded guilty to six counts of conspiracy to commit intentional interference with performance of election duties, a misdemeanor charge. She agreed to testify against Trump and the other 16 co-defendants in the case if prosecutors ask her too.

--------------------------------------------

And then, in sort of a 'BaDaBing!! double-tap....we get just this afternoon this story:

"ATLANTA — Kenneth Chesebro, a former lawyer for Donald Trump’s campaign, pleaded guilty Friday to illegally conspiring to overturn Trump’s 2020 election loss in Georgia, a deal in which he will avoid jail time and agreed to provide evidence that could implicate other co-defendants, including Trump himself.

Chesebro was the second former Trump lawyer to accept a plea deal in the sprawling conspiracy case in as many days. The guilty plea came in just hours after jury selection began, ahead of an expected trial next month."

------------------------------------------------------------

What does this mean for Trump?
Hell, I dunno. I ain't a lawyer.
But, if someone said this is not a good thing for him...well, I could be persuaded they were right.
You too?
Yes, me too. Being able to frighten Witnesses with threats of long prison sentences, for themselves AND for their children, is often a winning tactic for prosecutors. Especially federal prosecutors in highly political cases such as this or the general Flynn case.

This turn of events slightly increases the probability of a trump conviction. Which is bad news for the democrats, since a trump conviction would guarantee an election victory for him.

Victory for Trump! Fanny Whore has been shot down out of the sky!

A judge has decided they cannot try the 19 defendants together.

She is such an idiot! What gave her the idea that would work out?

A Georgia judge shut down the effort by Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis to have all 19 defendants, including former President Donald Trump, to be tried together in October in the Georgia election subversion case.

Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee announced Thursday that Trump and 16 co-defendants will move forward on their own schedule, with a trial date yet be announced.

The two remaining co-defendants, Kenneth Chesebro and Sidney Powell, sought speedy trials and are scheduled to begin in October.

Thursday’s order is a victory for Trump and his fellow co-defendants who did not want to go to trial this October. The schedule laid out by the judge only cemented some of the steps in the pre-trial process, setting up the possibility that the trial itself does not happen until well into 2024, or even later. Trump’s legal calendar during the first half of next year is already clogged with plans for trials in the other criminal cases he faces, and he is juggling those proceedings with his 2024 presidential run.

1697837178976.png

"..... with threats of long prison sentences, for themselves AND for their children, is often a winning tactic for prosecutors"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't doubt that hardball tactics are sometimes required and used in law enforcement; however, is the good poster Flops implying that Fanni Willis threatened Sydney Powell's children, if she has any? If so, how does he know? And what did the DA threaten them with? Did the kids commit ancillary crimes with their mother?

Or, is prolific poster Flops suggesting that the Georgia DA threatened Kenneth Chesboro's children with prison? Does he have any? And how old are they? What might they have done to be indicted on?
And how would Flops know of whatever they may have been threatened with?

I hate to sound too skeptical towards the poster Flops; however, I kinda sorta am thinkin' he's upset that two of Don Trump's lawyers plead guilty to committing crimes with Don Trump and now Flops is casting about for some sort of distraction.

IMHO

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't doubt that hardball tactics are sometimes required and used in law enforcement; however, is the good poster Flops implying that Fanni Willis threatened Sydney Powell's children, if she has any? If so, how does he know? And what did the DA threaten them with? Did the kids commit ancillary crimes with their mother?

Or, is prolific poster Flops suggesting that the Georgia DA threatened Kenneth Chesboro's children with prison? Does he have any? And how old are they? What might they have done to be indicted on?
And how would Flops know of whatever they may have been threatened with?

I hate to sound too skeptical towards the poster Flops; however, I kinda sorta am thinkin' he's upset that two of Don Trump's lawyers plead guilty to committing crimes with Don Trump and now Flops is casting about for some sort of distraction.

IMHO
Good Puppet Chillicothe's post concerned me. I had not realized that I had implied anything specific about the Fannie Willis or the Sydney Powell plea deal. Nor that I had stated that I know those defendants' children's personal details. I hastened to re-read my own words to see how I stumbled.

Turned out that I did not. I made the one hundred percent true statement that:

Being able to frighten Witnesses with threats of long prison sentences, for themselves AND for their children, is often a winning tactic for prosecutors. Especially federal prosecutors in highly political cases such as this or the general Flynn case.

If that statement is false, tell me how?

You yourself seem to have admitted the truth of it, while making a lame attempt to justify the tactics with this statement:

I don't doubt that hardball tactics are sometimes required and used in law enforcement;

Why would it be "required" in law enforcement? The law guarantees every accused person a fair and speedy trial. Therefore intimidating an accused person into pleading guilty through threats of long prison sentences and of going after family members if they avail themselves of that guarantee is more law evasion than law enforcement.

Being able to frighten Witnesses with threats of long prison sentences, for themselves AND for their children, is often a winning tactic for prosecutors. Especially federal prosecutors in highly political cases such as this or the general Flynn case.........This turn of events slightly increases the probability of a trump conviction

---------------------------------------------------------------
Think context, poster Flops.
Think context.
We weren't talkin' about the Phillies/Astros game.
I'm mildly sure you knew that.

I think Willis's goal is to move promptly ala' the Constitutional mandate of a speedy trial. And probably throw the net over as many as possible with the goal that one or more will strongly object to being lumped in with Giuliani, or Meadows, or Trump.......and so, flip on others they don't want to be lumped in with. So patience, Grasshoppers. This cake is still baking.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I read the above quote on this very thread.
Seems prescient to my poor avatar.

Good Puppet Chillicothe's post concerned me. I had not realized that I had implied anything specific about the Fannie Willis or the Sydney Powell plea deal. Nor that I had stated that I know those defendants' children's personal details. I hastened to re-read my own words to see how I stumbled.

Turned out that I did not. I made the one hundred percent true statement that:

Being able to frighten Witnesses with threats of long prison sentences, for themselves AND for their children, is often a winning tactic for prosecutors. Especially federal prosecutors in highly political cases such as this or the general Flynn case.

If that statement is false, tell me how?

You yourself seem to have admitted the truth of it, while making a lame attempt to justify the tactics with this statement:

Why would it be "required" in law enforcement? The law guarantees every accused person a fair and speedy trial. Therefore intimidating an accused person into pleading guilty through threats of long prison sentences and of going after family members if they avail themselves of that guarantee is more law evasion than law enforcement.
Who’s going after family members besides Trump?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, one of the "inflection points" may very well be Krakenpot Powell's guilty plea yesterday.

Today's newsfeed from Reuters had this to say:

"WASHINGTON, Oct 19 (Reuters) - A former lawyer for Donald Trump on Thursday pleaded guilty to aiding the former U.S. president's efforts to overturn his election defeat in the state of Georgia, agreeing to testify against him if called.

The lawyer, Sidney Powell, pleaded guilty to six counts of conspiracy to commit intentional interference with performance of election duties, a misdemeanor charge. She agreed to testify against Trump and the other 16 co-defendants in the case if prosecutors ask her too.

--------------------------------------------

And then, in sort of a 'BaDaBing!! double-tap....we get just this afternoon this story:

"ATLANTA — Kenneth Chesebro, a former lawyer for Donald Trump’s campaign, pleaded guilty Friday to illegally conspiring to overturn Trump’s 2020 election loss in Georgia, a deal in which he will avoid jail time and agreed to provide evidence that could implicate other co-defendants, including Trump himself.

Chesebro was the second former Trump lawyer to accept a plea deal in the sprawling conspiracy case in as many days. The guilty plea came in just hours after jury selection began, ahead of an expected trial next month."

------------------------------------------------------------

What does this mean for Trump?
Hell, I dunno. I ain't a lawyer.
But, if someone said this is not a good thing for him...well, I could be persuaded they were right.
You too?
And these are the two that demanded speedy trials?

Looks to me like Fani is going to end up in prison.

Read between the lines.

Fani coerces these two to demand speedy trials to gaurantee a Trump trial before the 2024 election.

Days after that fails, these two suddenly make plea deals?!?

The fix is in folks...all about the 2024 election...nothing even remotely resembling a fair justice system.

Another election rigging attempt.

Read between the lines.

Fani coerces these two to demand speedy trials to gaurantee a Trump trial before the 2024 election.

The fix is in folks...all about the 2024 election...nothing even remotely resembling a fair justice system.

Fani coerced them to exercise their civil rights? Things haven’t been that twisted since Mississippi Burning.

Up in post #7 this was offered:

"I think....but dunno for sure....but I think Willis's goal is to move promptly ala' the Constitutional mandate of a speedy trial. And probably throw the net over as many as possible with the goal that one or more will strongly object to being lumped in with Giuiliani, or Meadows, or Trump.......and so, flip on others they don't want to be lumped in with. So patience, Grasshoppers. This cake is still baking."

And surprisingly, but notably, posters Missourian, SeaMajor, and Lantern.....seemed to be a tad dismissive of that suggestion (see their reactions at the bottom. Missourian even called it fake.)

Well, karma lurks.
And a couple of high-profile perps----Krakenpot Powell & Chesboro......well, they flipped.
We'll see how this all plays out.
But the game just got an interesting but not unexpected wrinkle.
No?

Yes, me too. Being able to frighten Witnesses with threats of long prison sentences, for themselves AND for their children, is often a winning tactic for prosecutors. Especially federal prosecutors in highly political cases such as this or the general Flynn case.

This turn of events slightly increases the probability of a trump conviction. Which is bad news for the democrats, since a trump conviction would guarantee an election victory for him.
I can hardly think of a more damning indictment of Repub voters than suggesting they would elect a criminal convicted of conspiring to subvert the will of the people.

Read between the lines.

seek help, you poor idiot.

Who’s going after family members besides Trump?
Always a joy to educate the ignorant.

Flynn was coerced into pleading guilty nearly a year later by special counsel Robert Mueller’s team of hyper-aggressive prosecutors. Prosecutors did this, Powell argues, by threatening that if he refused to plead, they would prosecute his son. The son, also named Michael Flynn, worked in Gen. Flynn’s private intelligence firm, which Team Mueller was scrutinizing over its alleged failure to register with the government as a foreign agent — a dubious allegation that was rarely handled as a criminal offense before Mueller’s probe.

Flynn was coerced into pleading guilty nearly a year later by special counsel Robert Mueller’s team of hyper-aggressive prosecutors. Prosecutors did this, Powell argues, by threatening that if he refused to plead, they would prosecute his son. The son, also named Michael Flynn, worked in Gen. Flynn’s private intelligence firm, which Team Mueller was scrutinizing over its alleged failure to register with the government as a foreign agent — a dubious allegation that was rarely handled as a criminal offense before Mueller’s probe.
If that’s the case, is the Hunter probe retaliation, since “allegations rarely regarded as a criminal offense” is what happened to him?

…so a Republican named Mueller is going after Georgia defender’s families.

Reading you correctly?

Forum List

Back