Famous Bagger Biker Discovers the Harsh Realities of Trumpcare/Nocare

TheMoreYouKnow

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2017
‘Moonshiners’ TV star Josh Owens hurt at Daytona Bike Week, claims Halifax Health booted him for lack of insurance

DAYTONA BEACH — A cast member of a docudrama TV series claims that after being hospitalized at Halifax Health Medical Center for injuries from a motorcycle accident during Bike Week, he was subsequently discharged because he lacked insurance.

But Halifax Health officials, who could not speak to the specific case because of patient confidentiality laws, said a patient’s ability to pay is never a factor in the health care services they provide or discharge decisions. The 558-bed facility is the only public hospital in the area.

Josh Owens, who stars in the Discovery channel show “Moonshiners,” said his care at the Daytona Beach hospital was stellar until a female employee inquired about how he intended to pay and that “his insurance had run out.”

josh-owens-moonshiners.jpg

Owens, 40, of Asheville, North Carolina, said he was surprised by the statement since he has not had any insurance coverage since he was 21. Less than a day after the encounter, Owens said he was discharged from the hospital.

He added that he didn’t expect a handout from the hospital just because he lacked traditional health coverage. “Send me a bill and I would pay what I can,” Owens said.

FIlthy Don is not only going deep in these Hucklefvcks (as a cheeto can get) but he's fucken up the sides too! :abgg2q.jpg:

‘Moonshiners’ TV star Josh Owens hurt at Daytona Bike Week, claims Halifax Health booted him for lack of insurance

DAYTONA BEACH — A cast member of a docudrama TV series claims that after being hospitalized at Halifax Health Medical Center for injuries from a motorcycle accident during Bike Week, he was subsequently discharged because he lacked insurance.

But Halifax Health officials, who could not speak to the specific case because of patient confidentiality laws, said a patient’s ability to pay is never a factor in the health care services they provide or discharge decisions. The 558-bed facility is the only public hospital in the area.

Josh Owens, who stars in the Discovery channel show “Moonshiners,” said his care at the Daytona Beach hospital was stellar until a female employee inquired about how he intended to pay and that “his insurance had run out.”

josh-owens-moonshiners.jpg

Owens, 40, of Asheville, North Carolina, said he was surprised by the statement since he has not had any insurance coverage since he was 21. Less than a day after the encounter, Owens said he was discharged from the hospital.

He added that he didn’t expect a handout from the hospital just because he lacked traditional health coverage. “Send me a bill and I would pay what I can,” Owens said.

FIlthy Don is not only going deep in these Hucklefvcks (as a cheeto can get) but he's fucken up the sides too! :abgg2q.jpg:

I hear he can stay at your house for not more than a dollar of the going rate

What was the moron doing on a motorcycle with NO insurance? Insurance is required in that state and many others. Just because he's some liberal puke with a reality show does not put him above the law. No story here. Darwin wins again!

Yep, no motorcycle insurance or health insurance. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
What was the moron doing on a motorcycle with NO insurance? Insurance is required in that state and many others. Just because he's some liberal puke with a reality show does not put him above the law. No story here. Darwin wins again!

Well you know. themoreyouknow is out to best Pete Rose for most hits on USMB. Just ask him.
Guy is caught up in his own hubris.

So he has dangerous hobbies, and expects others to pay if something bad happens?

No way this person isn't a leftist. Leeching for free stuff even faster than the OP.

TheMoreYouKnow is a retarded Obama holdover. Every thread is really stupid shit. In reality hospitals make you sign papers before discharge .

How about looking at this in real world terms? You have this liberal Hollywood hillbilly get on a motorcycle with no insurance fuck up and hurt himself. That's a 325 dollar ticket in my state first offense. And the cop WILL write out the ticket as you lie your dumb ass on the ground waiting for the ambulance.

So dick head got out of a ticket and wants your sympathy for his pain and money for his bills? He had NO insurance. He wasn't paying his bills in the first place! I'm not paying some ignorant liberal hillbilly to do a damn thing. Tax payers don't need that shit! The hospital writes off the debt and the uninsured loser will just walk the hell away.

You mean show. No reality there at all. But the hospital was likely acting in his favor. I had a similar incident where my ladder fell. Broken arm to. I told the ER folks I had no insurance. So they set the arm, did it up, gave me a week supply of Vicodin and got me home in order to keep the bill down. Unlike the moron in the article, I payed all of my bill, not just what I could.

Forum List

Back