family sending all ten of their home-schooled children to college by the age of 12

Wrong. They can participate in a group that will homeschool your child for you and you barter babysitting on the weekend - lots of different ways to barter.
But the parents wouldn't be doing the homeschooling, in that case. So your "committed parent meme" is out the window.

If there is a will? There is a way. Lots of single parents have their children participating in the home schooler program. You would be amazed at the support, the networking and help available to you out there. These are mainly Christian groups, they will be more than happy to help those who need the extra help. I've seen them do it before!

So, you think sending your children to a "homeschooler program" where a parent that might not be educated is teaching your children, is better than a public school where an educated and certified teacher is doing the teaching?

The point is home school education is available to your children whether you do it or your friend at church adds your child to her own class. Either way your child is getting the education of YOUR CHOICE - Your choice of teacher - your choice of class - your choice of your child learning a biblical world view - your choice to opt out of vaccines that cause autism, you choice to offer your child the very best without the indoctrination from progressive liberals.

If you are happy with what you have? Keep it. This is for people who are looking for something better for their children. Again, it is your choice. This thread has run its course. You came in late on the discussion but welcome to the board ( you just signed up) and hope you enjoy it. Have a nice day everyone! I'm off! - Jeri

The Simpsons teaches children about satire......a valuable life skill

The Simpsons can be funny at times but not as funny as your assessment of their contribution to society. I see now why you lefties consider the comedy channel so politically important.

That sir, is quite a joke indeed

Comedy is a valuable life skill. It opens doors personally and socially. The Simpsons is a defining social comedy of the current generation. To "protect" your children from such an exceptional social satire is a shame

The problem being: The Simpsons (which was once truly hilarious satire) stopped being funny a long time ago.

The point is home school education is available to your children whether you do it or your friend at church adds your child to her own class. Either way your child is getting the education of YOUR CHOICE - Your choice of teacher - your choice of class - your choice of your child learning a biblical world view - your choice to opt out of vaccines that cause autism, you choice to offer your child the very best without the indoctrination from progressive liberals.
But that doesn't equate to better. All it means is that they'll be teaching them that dinosaurs and people were here at the same time, that dinosaurs only ate leafs, and that the world is less than 10k years old (all fiction).

If you are happy with what you have? Keep it. This is for people who are looking for something better for their children.
But you haven't proven that it is "better" - just different and probably not as robust.

Again, it is your choice. This thread has run its course. You came in late on the discussion but welcome to the board ( you just signed up) and hope you enjoy it. Have a nice day everyone! I'm off! - Jeri

Of course it is my choice, and as long as we continue to stop conservatives in their tracks from completely destroying public schools, it will remain my choice.

And, thank you, I am enjoying it.

Last edited:
The very story reveals the impracticality of home schooling for the great majority of American families.

Congratulations to the family who made it work.

Actually it proves that it is the future of education. For those who are interested in one.

Let's face it. Anything the government gets involved in ends up being a failure. So it was no surprise education failed and the home school movement is the new education of the future.

I'll tell you another movement that is growing. Home churches. That's another discussion. We'll leave that for another time.

Actually, the discussion of Home school/church would be quite topical: Much of the credit given to the family's success is based on their religious beliefs.

Wrong. They can participate in a group that will homeschool your child for you and you barter babysitting on the weekend - lots of different ways to barter.
But the parents wouldn't be doing the homeschooling, in that case. So your "committed parent meme" is out the window.

If there is a will? There is a way. Lots of single parents have their children participating in the home schooler program. You would be amazed at the support, the networking and help available to you out there. These are mainly Christian groups, they will be more than happy to help those who need the extra help. I've seen them do it before!

So, you think sending your children to a "homeschooler program" where a parent that might not be educated is teaching your children, is better than a public school where an educated and certified teacher is doing the teaching?

In most cases? YEP!

When I was in school, I had plenty of "certified" teachers who weren't worth a bag of dog crap.

Do you even understand how social promotion works? Apparently you have no idea.
Check out how it comes into affect then get back to the board.
Take a day and walk into a classroom. Hell even walk into the school, go to a schoolboard meeting. Give it a try. Once.

Liberals do understand that public schools suck and are getting worse....social promotion and other things are killing them......get rid of diversity training, social promotion.....anything to do with demographics and just teach kids the basics no sex ed, how to live with roomates and other bullshit., until then public schools will continue to suck....

That's pretty cool - but it doesn't mean that homeschooling is better than mainstream school. The kids were obviously gifted, taught by a gifted mother.

Statistics show that home schooling is overwhelmingly better than your average public education system, but I would agree that with this particularly family genetics played a large role here.

In most cases? YEP!
Your opinion without facts/stats to prove it doesn't count. Just a biased opinion.

I've not seen anyone deny that hands on parents are the most important ingredient for a successful education. But what about the kids of parents who don't or can't take such an active part?

That's just bullshit. Oh and if you are home schooling your children, I hope you aren't their spelling teacher.

Lmao..... when a liberal can not debate on the net. they always try a come back that a poster can not spell or use grammer correctly. your a fool dude......

it's "you're"
and I'm sorry, but someone who teaches their children from home should know basic grammar and spelling and be called on it when they try and tell others how superior their children are to others because of that home schooling.

No its "your" to me. and dang If I knew how to spell correctly like you. I could of been finding a cure for cancer or something instead of hanging out on a forum. Oh yea thats what your doing.....

They are free of any marxist indoctrination

Are they free from all indoctrination, or just Marxist? What's the difference between indoctrination and teaching? What's the difference between being educated and being indoctrinated?

You comment brought to mind a woman I met once in Washington, DC at a gathering of activist Christian's which might illustrate what I'm asking.

We were on a bus coming back from the convention center when the subject of Christian schools came up. This young woman told us she taught at a K-7 Christian school in Virginia and that they taught their kids the theory of evolution.

"Great," I said. "What a wonderful education those kids must be getting. You teach them both sides of the evolution vs. creation argument and let them make up their own minds." Allowing students to exercise their powers of critical thinking and decide for themselves. What could be wrong with that?

"Oh, no!" she replied in horror. "We expose them to evolution so they can REFUTE IT WHEN THEY'RE EXPOSED TO IT IN PUBLIC SCHOOL."

To me....THAT is the difference between education and indoctrination.

and thats your problem if you think we came from apes. Its not a fact. Thats what you dont get evolution and man made global warming are not fucking facts. no matter how much you want to stomp your feet and go pout in the corner.

'We're just average folks': The family sending all ten of their home-schooled children to college by the age of 12

Mona Lisa and Kip Harding from Montgomery, Alabama, home-school all ten of their kids - six of whom started college by the age of 12
The remaining four children are ten and under and also aim to go to college early

By Margot Peppers

A mother who home-schools her ten children in Montgomery, Alabama, has opened up about how six of them began their college degrees by the age of 12.

Those of the Harding siblings who have already graduated from college have gone on to become a doctor, an architect, a spacecraft designer and a master's student. Another two - 12 and 14-years-old - are still finishing up their degrees.

But despite the Hardings' incredible achievements at such young ages, their parents - Mona Lisa and Kip - insist they are a family of 'average folks' who simply find and cultivate their children's passions early on.

Read more: The family sending all ten of their home-schooled children to college by the age of 12 | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

That's because concerned parents teach their children how to read, write, add, subtract, multiply and divide, not to mention history. Everything that is required to learn in school, except is not taught. I personally have had employees that could not spell or put sentences together properly. Unfortunately they didn't last long.

'We're just average folks': The family sending all ten of their home-schooled children to college by the age of 12

Mona Lisa and Kip Harding from Montgomery, Alabama, home-school all ten of their kids - six of whom started college by the age of 12
The remaining four children are ten and under and also aim to go to college early

By Margot Peppers

A mother who home-schools her ten children in Montgomery, Alabama, has opened up about how six of them began their college degrees by the age of 12.

Those of the Harding siblings who have already graduated from college have gone on to become a doctor, an architect, a spacecraft designer and a master's student. Another two - 12 and 14-years-old - are still finishing up their degrees.

But despite the Hardings' incredible achievements at such young ages, their parents - Mona Lisa and Kip - insist they are a family of 'average folks' who simply find and cultivate their children's passions early on.

Read more: The family sending all ten of their home-schooled children to college by the age of 12 | Mail Online

That's because concerned parents teach their children how to read, write, add, subtract, multiply and divide, not to mention history. Everything that is required to learn in school, except is not taught. I personally have had employees that could not spell or put sentences together properly. Unfortunately they didn't last long.

bwahahhahahahahahahah! and please tell me what is the name of your lemonade stand. ?

Although I think that is great, that seems awful young, I hope they are allowed to be kids as well.

Ya...me too. Why on earth rush childhood? It's short enough as it is.

They sound more like they are somehow trying to prove something rather than caring about their kids - kids may have the book learning but not the mental maturity to deal with college at that age.

Let them be kids...

By Margot Peppers

There are obviously many different approaches to Home-Schooling.

Exceptionally bright parents teaching their gifted children.

Or, the more common example, religious parents afraid their children might learn to think for themselves in a normal school setting.

By Margot Peppers

It's not everything they NEED TO LEARN. It's everything they are supposed to learn - at least up through the 6th grade. I had to teach my stepson all that because the public school he went to wasn't teaching him squat.

By Margot Peppers

There are obviously many different approaches to Home-Schooling.

Exceptionally bright parents teaching their gifted children.

Or, the more common example, religious parents afraid their children might learn to think for themselves in a normal school setting.

Either way, they'll learn more than they would in the government schools. The later is not the most common example. It's simply the most common scare story used by apologists for government schools.

They are free of any marxist indoctrination

Are they free from all indoctrination, or just Marxist? What's the difference between indoctrination and teaching? What's the difference between being educated and being indoctrinated?

You comment brought to mind a woman I met once in Washington, DC at a gathering of activist Christian's which might illustrate what I'm asking.

We were on a bus coming back from the convention center when the subject of Christian schools came up. This young woman told us she taught at a K-7 Christian school in Virginia and that they taught their kids the theory of evolution.

"Great," I said. "What a wonderful education those kids must be getting. You teach them both sides of the evolution vs. creation argument and let them make up their own minds." Allowing students to exercise their powers of critical thinking and decide for themselves. What could be wrong with that?

"Oh, no!" she replied in horror. "We expose them to evolution so they can REFUTE IT WHEN THEY'RE EXPOSED TO IT IN PUBLIC SCHOOL."

To me....THAT is the difference between education and indoctrination.

and thats your problem if you think we came from apes. Its not a fact. Thats what you dont get evolution and man made global warming are not fucking facts. no matter how much you want to stomp your feet and go pout in the corner.

Evolution is as closed to a scientific fact as you can get. AGW, on the other hand, is just a huge con.

I've not seen anyone deny that hands on parents are the most important ingredient for a successful education. But what about the kids of parents who don't or can't take such an active part?

Those kids are doomed.

Forum List

Back