Family moves into a Home Depot shed after going into debt.

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
A Georgia couple gave up a 2,000-square-foot home for an 860-square-foot Home Depot shed.

Nick Lucido and his wife, Meghan, found themselves in financial trouble, which forced them to sell their home in the town of Cumming.

“We never missed a mortgage payment,” Nick told The Post. “We were both just really young — young professionals. And we had two brand new cars, brand new house, and we were just over our head in debt.”

In March 2020, at the stateside onset of the coronavirus pandemic, the Lucidos purchased a plot of land spanning 8.46 acres for $40,000.

“We saw a two-story shed in the Home Depot parking lot, and said ‘I think we could make that work.'”

From there, they purchased the shed and starting slowly working to turn it into a home.

According to Nick, they lived in a camper van until the shed was ready for use.

They revealed, in an Instagram post, that this unusual move led them to being debt-free, paying off $82,000 in nine months.

This family moved into a Home Depot shed after going into debt ⁠— then made a huge profit selling it

nod-3.gif

They realized they were in over their head and took the steps to get on a path of financial responsibility and freedom.
And paid off their obligations instead of just filing bankruptcy.

Good on them!!!! More Millennials should follow this lead.

Instead Millennials are driving up their debt and screaming at the Govt to pay off their student loans.

I paid off my students loans and I paid out of debt.... they can do the same.

A Georgia couple gave up a 2,000-square-foot home for an 860-square-foot Home Depot shed.

Nick Lucido and his wife, Meghan, found themselves in financial trouble, which forced them to sell their home in the town of Cumming.

“We never missed a mortgage payment,” Nick told The Post. “We were both just really young — young professionals. And we had two brand new cars, brand new house, and we were just over our head in debt.”

In March 2020, at the stateside onset of the coronavirus pandemic, the Lucidos purchased a plot of land spanning 8.46 acres for $40,000.

“We saw a two-story shed in the Home Depot parking lot, and said ‘I think we could make that work.'”

From there, they purchased the shed and starting slowly working to turn it into a home.

According to Nick, they lived in a camper van until the shed was ready for use.

They revealed, in an Instagram post, that this unusual move led them to being debt-free, paying off $82,000 in nine months.

This family moved into a Home Depot shed after going into debt ⁠— then made a huge profit selling it

nod-3.gif

They realized they were in over their head and took the steps to get on a path of financial responsibility and freedom.
And paid off their obligations instead of just filing bankruptcy.

Never seen anything that large in our Home Depot Parking lot. That said, they would have lost most everything if they declared bankruptcy so I wouldn't call it responsibility to avoid it. Just common sense.

Good for them. They got smart and down sized instead of going bankrupt.

My only problem is Home Depot sheds are poorly made.
They could have used prefab parts to build an 860 sq foot home

Another thing that could've helped them is if they had purchased program or previously owned cars instead of new ones. They of course are not as expensive.

God bless you and the family always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back