CDZ Facts About the Iraq War

OK, let's cut the BS and acknowledge some FACTS about the Iraq War:

1. Saddam Hussein had used poison gas against the Kurds and Iranians.

2. He refused to comply with UN inspections regarding WMDs.

3. Bush used this and the 9/11 attacks to get rid of Saddam and install a democracy in Iraq.

4. Bush hoped this would change the Arab-Israeli equation in the Middle East.

5. Bush won the war but allowed a weak, corrupt government to take power in Iraq.

6. Obama hurriedly pulled our troops out of Iraq and allowed its government to collapse.

7. Age-old religious rivalries then tore Iraq apart and allowed ISIS to establish a foothold in Iraq.

8. ISIS has spread to other countries and sponsors worldwide terrorism.

9. Iran was emboldened by Iraq's collapse and seeks hegemony over the Middle East.

10. Obama's nuclear deal with Iran guarantees this eventuality.

Have I missed anything?

The sorting is wrong;

W invaded a country with age-old rivalries with the hope of uniting them and bringing democracy
("7. Age-old religious rivalries then tore Iraq apart and allowed ISIS to establish a foothold in Iraq.")

Obama realized this would never happen, and pulled out, saving American lives
("6. Obama hurriedly pulled our troops out of Iraq and allowed its government to collapse.")

Partisanship is a bitch

So is higher ordered thinking. Try this:

A. What came first; Pulling our troops or ISIS establishing a foothold in Iraq? (Choose ONE)

B. Do you still believe that pulling all of our troops out of Iraq was beneficial? (YES or NO)

3. Bush used this and the 9/11 attacks to get rid of Saddam and install a democracy in Iraq.

5. Bush won the war but allowed a weak, corrupt government to take power in Iraq.

6. Obama hurriedly pulled our troops out of Iraq and allowed its government to collapse.

7. Age-old religious rivalries then tore Iraq apart and allowed ISIS to establish a foothold in Iraq.

9. Iran was emboldened by Iraq's collapse and seeks hegemony over the Middle East.

Have I missed anything?

The sorting is wrong;

W invaded a country with age-old rivalries with the hope of uniting them and bringing democracy
("7. Age-old religious rivalries then tore Iraq apart and allowed ISIS to establish a foothold in Iraq.")

("6. Obama hurriedly pulled our troops out of Iraq and allowed its government to collapse.")

Partisanship is a bitch

A. What came first; Pulling our troops or ISIS establishing a foothold in Iraq? (Choose ONE)

B. Do you still believe that pulling all of our troops out of Iraq was beneficial? (YES or NO)

ISIS was born in Camp Bucca

The US-run prison camp which became the ISIS University of Revolution

Pulling out is questionable. I could argue both sides of this argument.
But you should ask yourself this question: How long more would you want to fight this war?
1 more year?
2 years?
5?
10?
20?
forever?

This is not a conventional war that you can just fight and win. This is civil war.
Nobody willing to fight this war should tell you something.

Russia doing it right. This is what US should have done all along.
Never fight a civil war, use your technology to steer the war...

Have I missed anything?

The sorting is wrong;

Partisanship is a bitch

But you should ask yourself this question: How long more would you want to fight this war?
1 more year?
2 years?
5?
10?
20?
forever?

This is not a conventional war that you can just fight and win. This is civil war.

Why is it so difficult to answer straightforward questions?

Try one on me and I will be happy to show you how it is done.

Have I missed anything?

The sorting is wrong;

Partisanship is a bitch

1 more year?
2 years?
5?
10?
20?
forever?

Why is it so difficult to answer straightforward questions?

Try one on me and I will be happy to show you how it is done.

How long more would you want to fight this war?
1 more year?
2 years?
5?
10?
20?
forever?

Meaning, what is your top limit would be?

How long more would you want to fight this war?
1 more year?
2 years?
5?
10?
20?
forever?

Meaning, what is your top limit would be?

I'm not sure of what war you are referring to, but I think we should have established a permanent military base of operations in Iraq, with no announced timetable to abandon it.

As far as combating Islamic terrorism, we should continue to fight as long as is necessary to defeat it.

If you want to characterize either of those responses as "forever," feel free to do so.

Forum List

Back