Facebook (META) loses 237.6 billion in value in one day, a market all time record.

Time will tell if this is a one-off thing or a general re-evaluation of these social media companies and their limited business models.

Their INITIAL business models all sucked. They grazed on start-ups to hedge their income. But even with the lucrative VR headset product they have and all the 3rd party licensing to write games/apps for THAT -- those "initial flaws" of monetizing their BIGGEST products (you and me or the members/users) is still gonna drag them down.

Here's the weird chart from today.

facebook crash.png

Strange thing I saw when I looked up the Meta quote for today.. IT OPENED down right around 25% and STAYED FLAT.. Did they lock up trading? THe volume showed a huge spike at opening and nothing else the rest of the day.

Oh and the Meta future for tomorrow is +3.40 or something giggly.

SO -- how come what YOU just described didn't happen for a LONGER trading time today? The sellers in the 1st HOUR had buyers -- until they didn't an hour later. And NOBODY came back in ???

Is this the equivalent of a NASDAQ funeral or something? I want the "dead cat bounce" or I can't enjoy this. :wink:
More likely Zuckerberg is pulling strings trying to keep his company's stock up.

Planned correction. The big drop happened off-hours, not something mom and pop investors would have been savvy to, but they figured they could pocket that 200+ billion in profits. Blame it on news events. Still overvalued/overbought by a large amount at 200/share, but thanks to shady bookkeeping and government investment in its data, it'll still look attractive to mom and pop investors...until the next correction.

Glad to hear it. FB decided they didn't want any right wing opinions only left wing.

Hope they go bankrupt. Why anyone belongs to these social sites is beyond me. I never have and never will.

Forum List

Back