Eye In The Sky

Flopper

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2010
Washington
Eye in the Sky is a new movie addition to Netflix. It offers a powerfully acted and unusually cerebral spin on the modern wartime political thriller. It is all about a drone strike. The drone is in the air moving toward it's potential target. It's a riveting thriller about making the hard decisions. Everything happens in the command rooms where emotions, guilt and duty invite us to the deepest reflections on the implications of a war bureaucracy. Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 95%. I found it well worth watching.

Last edited:
There's people on USMB, God bless their hearts, who think Joe is sending the drones out after them.

I kid you not.

Last edited:
Getting back to the movie, I did not find it political, however many people on USMB will put a political spin on everything.
It would be a sad day for America, if a political hack "accidently" used a drone on US citizens in the United States. That would be a declaration of war by the deep state against US....

It would be a sad day for America, if a political hack "accidently" used a drone on US citizens in the United States. That would be a declaration of war by the deep state against US....
That is not what the movie is about. You are off topic and posting in the wrong forum.

That is not what the movie is about. You are off topic and posting in the wrong forum.
There are too many off topic trolling posts on this forum and yet the mods do nothing about it.
I saw this in the cinema and thought it was a good film. Forces you to think about the moralty of your actions.

There are too many off topic trolling posts on this forum and yet the mods do nothing about it.
I saw this in the cinema and thought it was a good film. Forces you to think about the moralty of your actions.
I particular like Helen Mirran. The director really knew how to build suspense in later part of moive.

I certainly agree with your comments on off topic posts. However, this is a problem in unmoderated boards which USMB seems to come pretty close. I think there are simple too many treads for Mods to moderate. I wonder how it would work if the person that started the thread had the power to moderate it but that would be a discussion for another thread.

Indeed.
As to the movie, I saw it a few years ago. I remember it as being a good "at the edge of your seat" movie.
And I believe that is probably sometimes how it was in Afghanistan when the enemy can not easily be distinguished from the citizens. Same thing as The American Sniper. He did have decisions that he had to make to take out a target without truly knowing if the target was a person in the wrong place at the wrong time.
This is by design throughout the Middle East. Those governments have little to no concern about the "peasantry". And purposefully use them as cover and to increase difficulty in enemies determining targets.

Forum List

Back