Exxon-Mobil not happy with this Administration over gas prices, etc..

My Dad used to drive a tanker for Exxon.

At the end of each shift, the drivers would drain the remaining gas from the tanks, but not before filling up gas cans to take home. We didn't actually buy gas for over 10 years.

Exxon turned a blind eye to the practice, simply because when the gas was drained from the tanker, the different octanes all went into the same holding tanks, rendering it unsellable...

At the end of each shift, the drivers would drain the remaining gas from the tanks, but not before filling up gas cans to take home. We didn't actually buy gas for over 10 years.

Exxon turned a blind eye to the practice, simply because when the gas was drained from the tanker, the different octanes all went into the same holding tanks, rendering it unsellable...
i dont get the last sentence...

That's cool and makes perfect sense to me.

i dont get the last sentence...

Dad delivered gas to gas stations. At the end of the night, there was always residual left in the trailer. When the gas was drained from the trailer at the end of the night, it all went into a single holding tank. Because the octanes of the gasoline were different, Exxon wasn't allowed to sell it.

It worked perfect in our cars, though...

Dad delivered gas to gas stations. At the end of the night, there was always residual left in the trailer. When the gas was drained from the trailer at the end of the night, it all went into a single holding tank. Because the octanes of the gasoline were different, Exxon wasn't allowed to sell it.

It worked perfect in our cars, though...
ok, thanks for explaining

looks like Exxon may not be a big greedy corporate so and so company like the dims say

Forum List

Back