extra ecclesia nulla salus (no salvation outside the Catholic Church) in MY view

Jesus can mandate anything He chooses and we should listen and follow according. Of course it was a followrer of Jesus in the 1st century who said being single is better than being married.. (paraphrase).

Actually priests could marry until about the 10th or 11th century. The people going to confession preferred the celibate priests... so basically the Church hierarchy went along w/ that... the people.
Yeah well, I do not agree with that.

Priests council the flock.

Marriage and family issues are the majority of issue dealt with.

I think it would be wise to have a man who knows about these issues intimately.

What logic does there hold in asking an unmarried, virgin about issues with your wife?

Think about it.

You want a man of god, but a man who understands the world, life, in all aspects.

Yeah well, I do not agree with that.

Priests council the flock.

Marriage and family issues are the majority of issue dealt with.

I think it would be wise to have a man who knows about these issues intimately.

What logic does there hold in asking an unmarried, virgin about issues with your wife?

Think about it.

You want a man of god, but a man who understands the world, life, in all aspects.
well, that is human logic and few can argue w/ it... but here's an experience you can't argue with (mine)

I had one of those worldly issues you mention years ago... family problems.. and the priest... I was shocked that he was so wise... You know, they are human too... they had g/friends before entering the priesthood and they have families and etc..

In any case, i doubt we are going to go backwards... The Church is supposed to be centered around Christ

and what was Jesus Christ when He wwalked the earth?

a virgin

male

Also, the Church is not going to ... wait, the TRUE Church is not going to ordain women because JESUS never had women as Apostles... He chose 12 MEN

+

well, that is human logic and few can argue w/ it... but here's an experience you can't argue with (mine)

I had one of those worldly issues you mention years ago... family problems.. and the priest... I was shocked that he was so wise... You know, they are human too... they had g/friends before entering the priesthood and they have families and etc..

In any case, i doubt we are going to go backwards... The Church is supposed to be centered around Christ

and what was Jesus Christ when He wwalked the earth?

a virgin

male

Also, the Church is not going to ... wait, the TRUE Church is not going to ordain women because JESUS never had women as Apostles... He chose 12 MEN

+
Ya know, this is the bottom line.

It works for YOU.

That is great.

Not my bag.

So, God bless ya.

It works for YOU.

That is great.

Not my bag.

So, God bless ya.
truth is universal

"Catholic" means universal

There are some things in life that work for one person and not another... what to have for dinner, for example.

one person wants Mexican. The other says Chinese... Everyone is different

But some truths are universal and apply to everyone. Adultery is a very bad thing, for example, for everyone... the perp suffers, the spouse suffers, the children suffer... society suffers

What is a sin for me is a sin for you and everyone else... That may sound like a no brainer but a lot of people don't really believe it... they are brainwashed by people who have an agenda and don't really care what bad things befall... anyone... other than themselves..

truth is universal

"Catholic" means universal

There are some things in life that work for one person and not another... what to have for dinner, for example.

one person wants Mexican. The other says Chinese... Everyone is different

But some truths are universal and apply to everyone. Adultery is a very bad thing, for example, for everyone... the perp suffers, the spouse suffers, the children suffer... society suffers

What is a sin for me is a sin for you and everyone else... That may sound like a no brainer but a lot of people don't really believe it... they are brainwashed by people who have an agenda and don't really care what bad things befall... anyone... other than themselves..
Yeah, well i think priests should have lives, wives, children, experience the wonders of god.

Your method, quite frankly, draws in homosexuals, and sexual deviants.

We have hundreds of years of evidence, not only with the Catholic church but in the Buddhist Sangha.

The church needs REAL MEN.

God bless you, and you can have the last word.

Yeah, well i think priests should have lives, wives, children, experience the wonders of god.

Your method, quite frankly, draws in homosexuals, and sexual deviants.

We have hundreds of years of evidence, not only with the Catholic church but in the Buddhist Sangha.

The church needs REAL MEN.

God bless you, and you can have the last word.
lol

that's gracious of you

my last word is that.. several words

Most child molesters are married men..
The Church encourages total abstinance from ANY sexual activity so there is no way you can say celibacy and the life of a priest encourages sick sexual acts... like homosexuality

the Church teaches against al that

Jesus said that the Way to Heaven is NARROW

nothing more narrow than Catholicism... but here's one person who has stayed there... and you wouldn't believe the kind of things I've been through that made me want to ditch it at times... !

But it is the truth... I have learned from experience...

Jesus said "It is for this purpose that I came into the world

to testify to the Truth"

the truth is that Jesus loves us and wants us in Heaven... No one else really does... No matter how much someone loves you, he or she cannot love more than Jesus... Few know this love very well, but the Catholics have the Real Presence of Christ

If Jesus established ONE CHurch it just stands to reason He wants people to be in that Church

disagree?

so it also stands to reason that if they are not, they end up in Hell

disagree?

However, I have met protestants who trust the Bible, as they should, and do not argue with Catholics all day long about every little thing the RCC teaches... so IMO, which doesn't matter bc only God's "opinion" does, such open-minded and open hearted people who sincerely seek God in Christ... can be saved.. Only God knows whether they WILL be in the end, at the end of their lives, but that goes w/o saying

I know one thing: It defies all logic to reject a Church that you even begin to suspect is Christ's one and only Church... and of course God holds us accountable for all our choices...

and anyone who is saved while outside the Catholic Churcch (not an official member), if saved, IS saved through the auspices of the Cathlic Church whether that person knows it or believes it or not... because ALL Christian communities are connected spiritually w/ the Catholic Churchc... the Catholic Church was the first Christian Church in the world (the only one but whatever) and all the Protestant ones derived or "spun off" from the RCC
Good of Rightnow909 to recognize that almost all if not all of protest ant churches are little Romes. As for Jesus establishing the Vatican/Catholic (universal) Church, There was no Jesus until the Vatican invented the name,pronounced as GEESUS, which means in Greek, the language of the New Testament according to most Bible scholars in the West, means seducing pig, which is how Edom & the Talmud view YahShua.
Add to that the millions of Aryan Christian Israelite Europeans tortured and murdered by the Vatican detracts from the claims of virtue and totally defames the Roman Church that Edom took over after getting most Roman Christians miserably killed for not honoring the Emperor/King of Rome.

Last edited:
If Jesus established ONE CHurch it just stands to reason He wants people to be in that Church

disagree?

so it also stands to reason that if they are not, they end up in Hell

disagree?

However, I have met protestants who trust the Bible, as they should, and do not argue with Catholics all day long about every little thing the RCC teaches... so IMO, which doesn't matter bc only God's "opinion" does, such open-minded and open hearted people who sincerely seek God in Christ... can be saved.. Only God knows whether they WILL be in the end, at the end of their lives, but that goes w/o saying

I know one thing: It defies all logic to reject a Church that you even begin to suspect is Christ's one and only Church... and of course God holds us accountable for all our choices...

and anyone who is saved while outside the Catholic Churcch (not an official member), if saved, IS saved through the auspices of the Cathlic Church whether that person knows it or believes it or not... because ALL Christian communities are connected spiritually w/ the Catholic Churchc... the Catholic Church was the first Christian Church in the world (the only one but whatever) and all the Protestant ones derived or "spun off" from the RCC
BUT everyone thinks their god is the only god. Who cares.

I was in a parochial Catholic school during Vatican II. I was initially taught that there was no salvation outside the Church (which very few Catholics actually believed; we believe that God is just). I was later taught that Vatican II set a different tone. As long as you believe in (a) God, (b) an afterlife, and (c) that a virtuous life would be rewarded in the afterlife and an evil life would be somehow punished, that was sufficient to "be eligible" for salvation. Then you get to Faith and Good Works.

Whole 'nother discussion.

the world is completely at odds with Christ, especially some parts thereof like big cities

so apparently we need someone who has been married and divorced and re married a couple times before you will believe he knows anything about marriage?

great logic

Priests are trained in MORALS and philosophy. They have 8 years of college and I am sure most of them have dated women.

It doesn't take experience with, say, fornication, to know that fornication is wrong and WHY it is wrong. . although it is true that a lot of human beings have to learn that the hard way.. But the hard way causes much pain.. Some people kill themselves over broken relationships..

so next you will be calling for priests to have considered suicide before they should talk to anyone considering it..

I was in a parochial Catholic school during Vatican II. I was initially taught that there was no salvation outside the Church (which very few Catholics actually believed; we believe that God is just). I was later taught that Vatican II set a different tone. As long as you believe in (a) God, (b) an afterlife, and (c) that a virtuous life would be rewarded in the afterlife and an evil life would be somehow punished, that was sufficient to "be eligible" for salvation. Then you get to Faith and Good Works.

I say that there is no salvation outside the Church Christ founded. Why would He found a Church at all if that were not so?

:dunno:

the world is completely at odds with Christ, especially some parts thereof like big cities

so apparently we need someone who has been married and divorced and re married a couple times before you will believe he knows anything about marriage?

great logic

Priests are trained in MORALS and philosophy. They have 8 years of college and I am sure most of them have dated women.

It doesn't take experience with, say, fornication, to know that fornication is wrong and WHY it is wrong. . although it is true that a lot of human beings have to learn that the hard way.. But the hard way causes much pain.. Some people kill themselves over broken relationships..

so next you will be calling for priests to have considered suicide before they should talk to anyone considering it..
So you are the guy/girl who calls the plumber when your lights go out.

Noted.

It works for YOU.

That is great.

Not my bag.

So, God bless ya.
Truth and reality apply to everyone.

Truth has to be everyone's "bag" or they go off into eternal misery. That is fact, not merely my opinion. Objective Truth awaits everyone after death.

Truth doesn't change. Vatican II was a pack of lies

God holds us accountable for all our choices...
So why did he choose to punish Jesus?

On another line.

What do you make of these in terms or even needing a hell, when none are lost to it?

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Regards
DL

Truth and reality apply to everyone.

Truth has to be everyone's "bag" or they go off into eternal misery. That is fact, not merely my opinion. Objective Truth awaits everyone after death.
No it's your opinion.

Thus 'Faith'.

YOUR truth.

Truth is however, you don't know what awaits whether it is misery or something other.

However, we will all know eventually, that is a verifiable truth, death.

so I guess Jesus was off the rails to establish a Church

The Church encourages total abstinance from ANY sexual activity.

But your Bible doesn't.
The Church is ostensibly there to nurture those who have been saved by the Gospel.

Forum List

Back