Explanation for Ukrainian authorities’ behavior towards Western politicians

Dissident

VIP Member
Jan 21, 2020

There have been numerous cases when Ukrainian authorities have exhibited a kind of behavior towards Western politicians which is absolutely unexplainable within the framework of official picture of relations between Ukraine and Western countries.

Western media try to present these relations as Western assistance for Ukrainians who suffer. In this context, Ukrainian authorities should be very grateful for any help which they – as victims - receive from the West.

But in reality, we see a completely different behavior of these authorities.

Ukrainian authorities’ behavior towards Western politicians resembles behavior of contractors, with whom a certain agreement has been concluded. And these contractors do not ask but demand materials and tools which have been promised them for works under this agreement.

Below you find some examples.

VILNIUS, Lithuania — White House national security adviser Jake Sullivan rebutted criticism Wednesday from Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky for not extending NATO membership to the war-torn nation — saying the US “deserves a degree of gratitude” for billions it has provided for Ukraine’s defense. The New York Post

The tension began at a NATO summit in Lithuania earlier this month, when Wallace said that “whether we like it or not, people want to see gratitude for the West’s military contributions to Ukraine’s war effort. “I said to the Ukrainians last June, when I drove 11 hours to be given a list – I’m not Amazon,” Wallace said. CNN

Last year, Vitali Klitschko, Mayor of the Ukrainian capital Kyiv reacted to the delivery of 5.000 military helmets from Germany in the following way:
It's an absolute joke… (Ukraine needs weapons, not helmets) … What kind of support will Germany send next? Pillows? Bild

And there is another strange aspect of Ukrainians’ behavior which cannot be explained within the framework of the official picture of Ukrainian crisis as this crisis is presented by Western media.

Earlier this year, I have published the article What have Ukrainians been fighting for since 2013?

And I came to the conclusion in this article that there had been absolutely no objective reasons for Ukrainian protests – for the so-called Euromaidan – in 2013 and 2014.

In my opinion, the real goal of the Euromaidan was to change the political orientation of Ukraine because a large part of Ukrainian elite wanted to get money from the USA and Western countries for carrying out an extremely anti-Russian policy.

And I am sure that there was a secret agreement between Western and Ukrainian politicians - Western politicians promised money and other support and Ukrainian politicians contracted to implement this extremely anti-Russian policy.

Firstly, the above mentioned secret agreement explains why the Euromaidan was so well organized, well financed and successful in spite of the fact that there were absolutely no objective reasons for these protests.

Secondly, this secret agreement explains why the Ukrainian authorities behave towards Western politicians in the above described manner.

Ukrainians are not victims who suffer and therefore receive help from the West; Ukrainians are contractors who do a job for the West and so they don’t ask but demand means and tools from the West which are necessary for doing this job.

And Ukrainian job is to arouse hostility against Russia.

That is why, for example, Ukraine threatened Russia with military measures for “re-integration of the Crimea” into Ukraine - please see my article Has the Russian Special Military Operation in Ukraine been provoked?

Source

Last edited:
Both reported US comments were eminently reasonable and put very gently in the circumstances .Perhaps you could explain how you have been so upset and this time provide some examples that support your still to be explained confusion .

Yesterday, while posting the article in the first post of this thread, I had a problem with inserting the picture and the first part of the article. But later I corrected the first post – now it is OK.

Forum List

Back