Experiments show that a few self-driving cars can dramatically improve traffic flow

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Experiments show that a few self-driving cars can dramatically improve traffic flow
May 9, 2017 by Celeste Arbogast

According to Daniel Work, assistant professor of civil environmental engineering at the University of Illinois, The use of autonomous vehicles to regulate traffic flow is the next innovation in the rapidly evolving science of traffic monitoring and control. Credit: John de Dios
The presence of just a few autonomous vehicles can eliminate the stop-and-go driving of the human drivers in traffic, along with the accident risk and fuel inefficiency it causes, according to new research. The finding indicates that self-driving cars and related technology may be even closer to revolutionizing traffic control than previously thought.

Read more at: Experiments show that a few self-driving cars can dramatically improve traffic flow

On top of the fact that a real driverless car will probably eliminate 90% of traffic deaths it sounds pretty good to me...Of course, I'll feel kind of scared at first.

I'll be one of the old grumps from the last surviving generation to remember life without the internet, and life without autopilot.

Forum List

Back