Exclusive poll: Americans don't think Trump will reduce drug prices

'Americans don’t have much confidence in President Trump’s pledge to bring down drug prices, according to our latest Axios/SurveyMonkey poll.

Why it matters: It means he hasn't broken through to the public on one of his most prominent health care promises.

• Overall, 61% of respondents said they’re not confident Trump will be able to follow through on his promise of cheaper drugs, while 37% said they’re very confident or somewhat confident that he’ll deliver.
  • Unsurprisingly, the survey found a stark partisan divide: 80% of Republicans said they’re at least somewhat confident Trump will be able to reduce drug prices, while 93% of Democrats are confident he won’t.
  • Independents agree with Democrats.'

I don't care much what Reps think on this (they have become sheep) or Dems (they hate everything Trump says - usually with good reason, IMO).
I care what people like me - indy's - think.

And they do not believe Trump gives a rat's ass about drug prices.

And neither do I.

Trump is not affected by drug prices. And Trump has - IMO - proven time and again that he does not care about anything that does not directly affect him.
I just love how the idiotic left(redundant statement) thinks that anything they want, needs to be cheap, because instead of them getting better quality jobs, they sit back and collect welfare, and bitch and moan how fucked their lives are.

A business like Big Pharma,(who contributes billions of dollars to the Democrats) make a product, that could take years of research and many failures before they finally find a product that works. So that product took, millions of dollars of research so how is the drug company supposed to get back all that money? Take government corporate welfare, thus working with the devil and then the guberment decides who gets the drug or who doesn't? Or do they put a price on the pill, that they think is fair, because if the corporation cannot make profit, then soon it will end up like the Clinton Crime Foundation and bankrupt. Once the pill hits the market, then liberals love to lawyer up, with a "risk" that the drug may affect you by , causing you to shit your brains out(only if you have one), or you get rashes all over your body, or even worse, turn you into a blithering idiot liberal.. So now the company has to pay for those fees also. When there is no corporation to make the drugs, then more people are going to die, because that drug isnt there anymore.

Trump can't win. He's accused of being a dictator, then the same people get angry when he doesn't act like a dictator.

It is not the job of the Government, nor do they have legitimate power to tell private pharmaceutical companies what they may and may not charge for their products. Simple as that. Anyone who thought Trump was going to do anything to the contrary was seriously misinformed or indulging in fantasies.
No but the government could start it's own research center, and produce drugs, and be the competitive alternative to those private industries that have no real competition that would help bring those prices down.

What's wrong with government getting into the markets by tax payers agreement ??

Another thing we as citizens should be voting for if asked.

It is not the job of the Government, nor do they have legitimate power to tell private pharmaceutical companies what they may and may not charge for their products. Simple as that. Anyone who thought Trump was going to do anything to the contrary was seriously misinformed or indulging in fantasies.
No but the government could start it's own research center, and produce drugs, and be the competitive alternative to those private industries that have no real competition that would help bring those prices down.

What's wrong with government getting into the markets by tax payers agreement ??

the government cant produce shit. I know, I used to work in their ATF&E building. You know what they did, they TOOK, alcohol from people, guns from people, tobacco from people. Yeah, plenty of it was illegal, but you should of seen what this group was doing when Obama was in office. Shame we cant bring up charges against some of those crooks, for doing plenty of illegal stuff, behind closed doors...

What part of the concept that the US Constitution gives the Government NO POWER related to any involvement in the healthcare or medical industries do you not understand?

The “taxpayer agreement” you mentioned would have to be a Constitutional Amendment.

What part of the concept that the US Constitution gives the Government NO POWER related to any involvement in the healthcare or medical industries do you not understand?

The “taxpayer agreement” you mentioned would have to be a Constitutional Amendment.
Oh, and can you imagine the drugs that would be coming out of the government?

No president these past 20 years has succeeded in lowering drug prices
But an attempt was made during the Obama administration. The bill was stalled by republicans in the Senate finance committee.

Ah, so eager to place blame. I blamed everyone, you blamed Republicans.

See the difference between me and you? I'm not as hopelessly partisan as you are.

Ah, so eager to place blame.
Facts are facts, my man. If they don't align with your fetishes and neuroses, that's your fault.

Seems like your fetish is blaming Trump and Republicans for everything that goes wrong or can go wrong. When, in reality neither party nor any president from either party in decades has been able to get anything done on drug prices. It has very little to do with what Trump has or has not accomplished. If he fails, he will be one among the many who have.

I'm sorry but facts are facts bro, and if they don't align with your fascist views of the world, that's all on you.

Seems like your fetish is blaming Trump and Republicans for everything.
I stated one fact. And now you are throwing a fit over it. It is clear who has the fetish...

And, to clarify: ours is a government by and for the corporations, not the people. There is plenty of blame to go around.

'Americans don’t have much confidence in President Trump’s pledge to bring down drug prices, according to our latest Axios/SurveyMonkey poll.

Why it matters: It means he hasn't broken through to the public on one of his most prominent health care promises.

• Overall, 61% of respondents said they’re not confident Trump will be able to follow through on his promise of cheaper drugs, while 37% said they’re very confident or somewhat confident that he’ll deliver.
  • Unsurprisingly, the survey found a stark partisan divide: 80% of Republicans said they’re at least somewhat confident Trump will be able to reduce drug prices, while 93% of Democrats are confident he won’t.

I don't care much what Reps think on this (they have become sheep) or Dems (they hate everything Trump says - usually with good reason, IMO).

And neither do I.

Trump is not affected by drug prices. And Trump has - IMO - proven time and again that he does not care about anything that does not directly affect him.
You want lower drug prices?...Abolish the FDA.

And neither do I.

You want lower drug prices?...Abolish the FDA.
What a terrible, stupid idea.

And neither do I.

Price of Pot is up 3 percent
Price of Heroine is up 7 percent
Price of Meth is up 3 percent
Prices this week and getting higher.

Forum List

Back