Excelent Breaking News: Senate Passes Bill Approving Keystone Pipeline (Obama Pissed)

With Obama's veto coming in the middle of a currency war this is too precious for words. The idiot in the Oval office doesn't realize that trans-Canada can no longer finance the pipeline. Giving the Rs a 2016 campaign issue involving jobs that would have never have been created, wonderful. If I failed to thank any of you leftist idiots for giving me a great laugh just inform me and I will correct the omission.
Plenty of jobs could be created doing something that actually makes America a better place to live. The jobs argument is disingenuous anyway. When Obama was trying to stimulate the economy with infrastructure projects the republicans' main issue was these jobs would be temporary and short term. They claimed that short-term jobs are not stimulative.

The Keystone pipeline is supposed to take two years with various numbers working at any given time and yet these short term jobs are so fucking valuable to the country that we will not recover from the loss if the project is not passed, according to republicans.

Never use the jobs argument again for Keystone.

Thousands of men and women mostly skilled union workers have already been well paid for building Keystone I, II, III and III b) which is under construction as we post.

XL would also employ American skilled workers. The jobs argument is valid.

Ask your State Department.
Why wasn't it valid when Obama wanted to do it when the economy was so much worse than it is now? That's my point. People getting paychecks is always stimulative yet the republican line was that temporary jobs sucked for economic stimulus and helped no one in the long term. Other than bitching about the expense or that unionized workers might get some work it was their only excuse.

and the Keystone Communist Union workers are given jobs by the RW .. the board Commies unite and sing with glee ..

With Obama's veto coming in the middle of a currency war this is too precious for words. The idiot in the Oval office doesn't realize that trans-Canada can no longer finance the pipeline. Giving the Rs a 2016 campaign issue involving jobs that would have never have been created, wonderful. If I failed to thank any of you leftist idiots for giving me a great laugh just inform me and I will correct the omission.
Plenty of jobs could be created doing something that actually makes America a better place to live. The jobs argument is disingenuous anyway. When Obama was trying to stimulate the economy with infrastructure projects the republicans' main issue was these jobs would be temporary and short term. They claimed that short-term jobs are not stimulative.

The Keystone pipeline is supposed to take two years with various numbers working at any given time and yet these short term jobs are so fucking valuable to the country that we will not recover from the loss if the project is not passed, according to republicans.

Thousands of men and women mostly skilled union workers have already been well paid for building Keystone I, II, III and III b) which is under construction as we post.

not to mention the jobs at the refineries created and maintained because of the pipeline delivering oil

Refineries are already maxed. You can't just pour more into the hopper.
Try again...

then it is time to make a few more refineries

which = more jobs

Again, that would be up to Big Oil. That's who builds refineries. They haven't added any in something like four decades. And if you think the current market needs more supply, have a second career in mind because you won't be in business long.

not to mention the jobs at the refineries created and maintained because of the pipeline delivering oil

Try again...

which = more jobs

Again, that would be up to Big Oil. That's who builds refineries. They haven't added any in something like four decades. And if you think the current market needs more supply, have a second career in mind because you won't be in business long.

yeah the leftists killed another refinery by elk point

And a heads up. Oil sands crude is produced at $63.
Well you ain't gonna be sellin' much of that at these prices.

The world of oil production and refining is not going to come to a screeching halt because the price per barrel has declined.

Sheesh. That crude is still flowing daily thru the completed Keystone and travelling by rail and transport to refineries.

The world of oil production and refining is not going to come to a screeching halt because the price per barrel has declined.

Sheesh. That crude is still flowing daily thru the completed Keystone and travelling by rail and transport to refineries.
I'm sure that it is, they have contracts to fulfill, but they are already losing jobs because of the low prices.

What the Senate just did is right for America and for Americans looking to work making money building it.

EDIT: Damn smartphone......should be 'Excellent' in title.

Senate approves Keystone pipeline bill in face of White House veto threat Fox News
Nothing like passing a bill that has nowhere to go and you don't have the votes to beat a veto. Our wonderful Congress hard at work, doing nothing at all.
What the Senate just did is right for America and for Americans looking to work making money building it.

Senate approves Keystone pipeline bill in face of White House veto threat Fox News
Nothing like passing a bill that has nowhere to go and you don't have the votes to beat a veto. Our wonderful Congress hard at work, doing nothing at all.
I take it you love to see Obama wreck the Ship Of State?
I love it when Obama tells to the GOP to go fuck themselves, as in this case where China wants its oil and Canada it's profits. What we get is the mess.

Stop with the "Canada is going to ship its oil from the Gulf to China" idiotic bullshit.

:lol:

We have this big mother trucking blue thing on our west coast called the Pacific ocean. Sheesh. Didn't you take geography?

And Keystone which is just a freaking pipeline has no say in what your refineries will do with their finished product.

It's just a pipeline.

the leftists act like keystone is the only oil pipeline in the frikkin west
I act like it's a totally misrepresented political smokescreen that hides what this is at it's heart: Big Oil vs. local landowners, environmentalists and state politicians. Damned if you property rights big government hating assholes aren't fighting on the side of big government and imminent domain seizure of private land. How fucked up is that?

travelling by rail

yes how convenient

that the prezbo continues to block keystone

all the while his close buddy and supporter

Warren Edward Buffett

is the owner of those rail cars hauling the crude oil out of the dakota

ironic

--LOL

I love it when Obama tells to the GOP to go fuck themselves, as in this case where China wants its oil and Canada it's profits. What we get is the mess.

Stop with the "Canada is going to ship its oil from the Gulf to China" idiotic bullshit.

We have this big mother trucking blue thing on our west coast called the Pacific ocean. Sheesh. Didn't you take geography?

And Keystone which is just a freaking pipeline has no say in what your refineries will do with their finished product.

It's just a pipeline.

I act like it's a totally misrepresented political smokescreen that hides what this is at it's heart: Big Oil vs. local landowners and state politicians. Damned if you property rights big government hating assholes aren't fighting on the side of big government and imminent domain seizure of private land. How fucked up is that?

what kind of an IDIOT are you

the leftists in the area

favored a huge toxic chemical company to be developed in the area

over the refinery

the "peoples" are no better off

It's just a pipeline.

I act like it's a totally misrepresented political smokescreen that hides what this is at it's heart: Big Oil vs. local landowners and state politicians. Damned if you property rights big government hating assholes aren't fighting on the side of big government and imminent domain seizure of private land. How fucked up is that?

the leftists in the area

over the refinery

Again in English with context please?

Try again...

which = more jobs

yeah the leftists killed another refinery by elk point

"Elk Point"?
Link?

Meanwhile here's one:
>> Myth 1: Oil refineries are not being built in the U.S. because environmental regulations, particularly the Clean Air Act, are so bureaucratic and burdensome that refiners cannot get permits.

Fact: Environmental regulations are not preventing new refineries from being built in the U.S. From 1975 to 2000, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) received only one permit request for a new refinery. And in March, EPA approved Arizona Clean Fuels’ application for an air permit for a proposed refinery in Arizona. In addition, oil companies are regularly applying for – and receiving – permits to modify and expand their existing refineries.[1]

Again -- I'll say this over and over until it sinks in: "We" don't drill for oil, "we" don't build refineries and "we" don't decide where "our" product goes to. Big Oil does that. And Big Oil, as a profit-centred enterprise, works for the interests of its shareholders --- not the flag of whatever country it's based in or operates in.

Unless you want to nationalize the oil business, that's how it works.

typical RW's .. can't deny the facts so they ignore them.

Spies, Communists, RW's .... same thing.

It's just a pipeline.

the leftists in the area

over the refinery

Again in English with context please?

he only speaks haiku

and his keyboard

has no shift key

or punctuation

Forum List

Back