Excelent Breaking News: Senate Passes Bill Approving Keystone Pipeline (Obama Pissed)

Ok let me explain this another way. Enbridge is completing building the Southern Lights pipeline.

Eminent domain is part and parcel of building infra structure these day. This pipeline will cross Canadian and US citizens property.

A US company is making a killing selling dilutent to the oil producers in the oil sands.

Should Canadians stop this pipeline because this pipeline will ship an American product and an American company will greatly benefit from this pipeline?

I say no. We are trading partners and commerce has to continue.

Here's Southern Lights.

Southern Lights Project
The new Southern Lights diluent delivery system came into service July 2010 and carries product through 2,556-kilometers (1,588-miles) of pipeline originating near Chicago and terminating in Edmonton, Alberta.

(Diluent is a liquid hydrocarbon used to dilute heavy oil to make it easier to transport.)

This new dedicated diluent delivery system has been achieved by reversing approximately 1,465-kilometers (910-miles) of existing pipeline – known as Line 13 – and constructing 1,091-kilometers (678-miles) of new pipeline in the U.S.

Alberta Clipper and Southern Lights - Enbridge Inc.

Clipper_Lights_Map.jpg

Last edited:
Let Canadian Indians decide it, Koch dupes...

What are you talking about Buffet/Steyer dupe? Keystone XL doesn't cross any tribal lands nor does it cross any lands held in trust.

:lol: First Nations always try this shit even though it has nothing to do with any of their property rights. It's their way of trying to blackmail companies.

Same old. Same old.

"The pipeline company, meanwhile, said it was going above and beyond legal requirements to work with aboriginal communities. "Keystone XL does not cross any reservation lands or lands held in trust," said a statement from Mark Cooper, a spokesman at TransCanada Corp.

"However, as part of TransCanada's Native American Policy — and despite the pipeline not crossing any reservation lands or lands held in trust -- we do offer to provide community investment funding to tribal communities for various training programs, education programs, scholarships and work opportunities in their communities."

CBC News - U.S. cabinet member cites new concern in Keystone XL decision aboriginal rights

Last edited:
Just FYI for those who are interested Trans Canada from all I have researched is seriously dedicated to the environment otherwise I never would have backed this pipeline to begin with. The bullshit spewed from anti pipeline enviro whackos is just that.

Bullshit. Here's the truth.

A personal story from a Keystone landowner on land reclamation

"The ground doesn’t look any different than it did beforehand,” he remarks.

Barber’s farm was located along the route of the first phase of the Keystone pipeline. In the planning stages, he worked with TransCanada officials, who recognized the importance of making sure that his land was returned to its original state.

The ballad of Charles Barber and his family’s farm is just one example of TransCanada’s process towards reclamation. Before the first shovel goes in the ground, plans have already begun for the cleanup process. Once the construction is complete, TransCanada’s team and contractors work tirelessly to ensure the equivalent land capability and biological diversity is maintained.

“The specifics of how long we have to continue to monitor an area are set by the regulator,” said Justin Packer with TransCanada’s Environmental team. “

But our commitment runs much deeper than that. When we come into an area, we do so with the trust of the landowners and community. We stay until our partners are satisfied, whether that means five, 10 or 20 years.”

Check out the before and after.

Yankton-Reclamation-640.jpg

More at the link on how they preserve the exact same soil levels.

A personal story from a Keystone landowner on land reclamation Keystone XL Pipeline

Sounds like that particular person was pleased with how things worked out. There are thousands of land owners who weren't nearly as pleased with the results on their property.

Without plowing through 17 pages of posts, I'll say that the will of the people of this country have spoken. A great majority of Americans agree the XL leg should be built and they also believe we should lift the 40 year old ban on crude exports from the U.S.

BTW- why did so many Democrat Senators also vote for approval? :dunno:

"would help regular people"?

Multinational oil corporations are "regular people"?

shakehead.gif

No you imbecile. But the petroleum products used are for 'regular folks.'

Approving policies that increase supplies is approving policies that should lower prices. Opposing such policies, as Obumbler does, therefore is hardly something that benefits the "regular folks.'

Obumbler is an ideologically-blinded drone piece of shit.

Apparently you have no clue how the oil market works -- yet that knowledge gap somehow makes somebody else an "imbecile".

Which apparently means it's my job to edumacate you.
What a fucking freeloader.

You are a fraud.

Learn about free markets, supply and demand. Then factor in collusion (shit like OPEC) and idiotic moronic liberal Obumbler type polices.

Then go fuck off.

I don't have the time or patience to get by your impervious wall of dumb.

Nor to learn how the oil bidness works apparently. :talktothehand:

Look dood, I put my time in already. Break a sweat.

"free markets, supply and demand"... in the oil bidness. what a maroon.

You put your time in at a school for mental midgets. And you failed out.

Assholes like you always pretend that the basic rules of economics don't apply to whatever field of alleged expertise you feign having. There's nothing an idiot such as you can say that holds any persuasive power, because you are an idiot and you are a known quantity: A poseur hack.

Reality is unfazed by your plodding bullshit, and reality is that an increased supply fuels a demand in a way that even a bombastic hack simpleton such as you SHOULD be able to grasp: price goes down.

Sure, normally the price does go down until it gets near the price of production. That's where we are now. Surely you have heard about the expected layoffs due to the reduction in price. We don't need any more supply, and the wells that will soon be shut down will not go away. They will be put into reserve until it is profitable to reopen them. We have enough oil in this country for the foreseeable future, and additional supply is not needed.

Just FYI for those who are interested Trans Canada from all I have researched is seriously dedicated to the environment otherwise I never would have backed this pipeline to begin with. The bullshit spewed from anti pipeline enviro whackos is just that.

Barber’s farm was located along the route of the first phase of the Keystone pipeline. In the planning stages, he worked with TransCanada officials, who recognized the importance of making sure that his land was returned to its original state.

The ballad of Charles Barber and his family’s farm is just one example of TransCanada’s process towards reclamation. Before the first shovel goes in the ground, plans have already begun for the cleanup process. Once the construction is complete, TransCanada’s team and contractors work tirelessly to ensure the equivalent land capability and biological diversity is maintained.

“The specifics of how long we have to continue to monitor an area are set by the regulator,” said Justin Packer with TransCanada’s Environmental team. “

But our commitment runs much deeper than that. When we come into an area, we do so with the trust of the landowners and community. We stay until our partners are satisfied, whether that means five, 10 or 20 years.”

A personal story from a Keystone landowner on land reclamation Keystone XL Pipeline

Sounds like that particular person was pleased with how things worked out. There are thousands of land owners who weren't nearly as pleased with the results on their property.

Do you have a link to those thousands? Trans Canada is committed to satisfying the land owners. Contractual obligations and all. I would imagine that if there were thousands who weren't happy we'd be seeing a mega class action lawsuit but I've not heard or read of one.

"TransCanada has nearly 50,000 miles of pipelines running across the continent, and every one of these requires that we communicate openly and honestly with the stakeholders and landowners along our route.

When pipeline construction is complete, we work closely with environmental experts and landowners to restore their land back to its original state and productivity level.

We monitor environmental reclamation for years following construction, and our job isn’t done until landowners and regulatory agencies are satisfied."

Do you have a link to those thousands? Trans Canada is committed to satisfying the land owners. Contractual obligations and all. I would imagine that if there were thousands who weren't happy we'd be seeing a mega class action lawsuit but I've not heard or read of one.

"TransCanada has nearly 50,000 miles of pipelines running across the continent, and every one of these requires that we communicate openly and honestly with the stakeholders and landowners along our route.

When pipeline construction is complete, we work closely with environmental experts and landowners to restore their land back to its original state and productivity level.

We monitor environmental reclamation for years following construction, and our job isn’t done until landowners and regulatory agencies are satisfied."

I haven't found a link to the large numbers yet, but my experience with pipelines leaves no doubt of it. Here are a couple for now though.

Line 6B Citizens Blog Landowner Stories

Landowners complain about Bison Pipeline

Have you got a link to more that that one landowner who is so pleased?

Without plowing through 17 pages of posts, I'll say that the will of the people of this country have spoken. A great majority of Americans agree the XL leg should be built and they also believe we should lift the 40 year old ban on crude exports from the U.S.

When you link the polls that gave those numbers, be sure to include the ones that show how many of those respondents also labor under the impression that this pipeline would somehow supply their corner gas pump.

The math between the two might be, shall we say, revealing. Cause and effect and all that.

When you link the polls that gave those numbers, be sure to include the ones that show how many of those respondents also labor under the impression that this pipeline would somehow supply their corner gas pump.

The math between the two might be, shall we say, revealing. Cause and effect and all that.
If I want your uneducated opinion, I'll ask for it Brotch. :slap:

Personally, i'm not too excited about Keystone. It's a foreign Canadian company being allowed to steal American Citizens' land by way of Eminent Domain. I think my Republican friends need to take a closer look at this one. No one should be supporting foreign companies being allowed to force American Citizens off their land. Eminent Domain = an egregious attack on fellow Americans.

I think most Republicans have gotten a little too excited about sticking it to the President on this one. They haven't looked into it and scrutinized it enough.

First off you should be aware that Keystone XL is the last leg of the pipeline. Keystone I, II, III are in operation and US crude is travelling along the pipeline to various refineries in the mid west and in the Gulf.

American producers benefit from the Keystone. The offers made by Trans Canada to US citizens have been very generous and the majority of property used by the pipeline company has had little or no litigation. Most landowners have worked very positively with the company.

No one is being forced off their land. I don't know where you are getting information that anyone has been forced off their land.

Eminent domain is used every day across America for many different types of infrastructure.

Why is this one worse than any other when US oil producers and US oil refineries benefit from the Keystone pipeline?

Well, some Citizens have come forward and stated they were intimidated and basically told they would be removed from their land one way or another. Most took the 'deals' they were offered. But did they really have a choice?

I understand sticking it to this President. I can't stand the asshole either. But this Keystone deal isn't what it's cracked up to be. It's a foreign corporation moving in and forcing American Citizens off their lands. It's that foreign corporation that will benefit the most from this deal. I'm just saying Republicans need to look into this more closely.

I've not heard nor read of one American being forced off their land. Nor any Canadian.

And Trans Canada has rerouted many times to accommodate as many as possible.

Just how do you expect oil to get to refineries? Canada is your largest supplier of crude.

Keystone IS all it's cracked up to be. It's an excellent pipeline. And you need the crude. The XL would be picking up crude from your producers in Montana and North Dakota.

How is it going to reach your refineries? You have three options. Pipeline of which Keystone is one of many. Rail and transport truck.

Would you have blocked the original Keystone? It not only ships crude from Canada but transports your domestic crude as well.

Your oil producers benefit by the Keystone. Your oil refineries benefit by the Keystone. Please note where the refineries are located in the midwest and on the Gulf and provide thousands of jobs.

220px-Keystone-pipeline-route.png

How about the Alberta Clipper? Or Southern Lights?

Should Canada ban Warren Buffett's rail cars from entering Canada to ship crude?

Should you get rid of the Canadian rail line that takes crude to your refineries?

Should Canada now throw out Kinder Morgan's (US company) that has a mega pipeline from Alberta to British Columbia?

How far do you want to take this? We've been trading partners for years.

Do you want this to end? To have all pipelines and rail lines from Canada to the US and visa versa torn up?

Our trade is a win win for both countries. But if you are going to block all infrastructure based on being against eminent domain we're going to have a real problem. Both sides of the border.

Bottom line is even without the XL there are miles and miles of new pipelines being built by US and Canadian companies.

This is all bullshit about the XL.

tar-sands-pipeline-map-north-america_canadian-association-petroleum-producers.png

I hear what you're saying. But look into it a bit more. Many are very unhappy about this Pipeline going through their land. Others feel they were pressured to give up their land for it. I'm just not sure Keystone is worth it. But that's my opinion anyway.

New Topics

Forum List

Back