Example of press lies and misinformation

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
:auiqs.jpg:

So ironic.

When folks are indoctrinated into critical race theory, they do exactly the reverse, they stop thinking and start feeling instead.

Major themes

Major themes that are characteristic of work in critical race theory, as documented by such scholars as Richard Delgado and Jean Stefancic, include:

• Critique of liberalism: CRT scholars question foundational liberal concepts such as Enlightenment rationality, legal equality, and Constitutional neutrality, and challenge the incrementalist, step-by-step approach of traditional civil-rights discourse;[12] they favor a race-conscious approach to social transformation, rejecting liberal embrace of affirmative action, color blindness, role modeling, or the merit principle; and an approach that relies more on political organizing, in contrast to liberalism's reliance on rights-based remedies.[28]
  • Storytelling, counter-storytelling, and "naming one's own reality": The use of narrative (storytelling) to illuminate and explore experiences of racial oppression.[29] Bryan Brayboy has emphasized the epistemic importance of storytelling in Indigenous-American communities as superseding that of theory, and has proposed a Tribal Critical Race Theory (TribCrit).[30]
  • Revisionist interpretations of American civil rights law and progress: Criticism of civil-rights scholarship and anti-discrimination law, such as Brown v. Board of Education. Derrick Bell, one of CRT's founders, argues that civil-rights advances for black people coincided with the self-interest of white elitists. Likewise, Mary L. Dudziak performed extensive archival research in the U.S. Department of State and Department of Justice, including the correspondence by U.S. ambassadors abroad, and found that U.S. civil-rights legislation was not passed because people of color were discriminated against. Rather, it was enacted in order to improve the image of the United States in the eyes of third-world countries that the US needed as allies during the Cold War.[31]
  • Intersectional theory: The examination of race, sex, class, national origin, and sexual orientation, and how their combination (i.e., their intersections) plays out in various settings, e.g., how the needs of a Latina female are different from those of a black male and whose needs are the ones promoted.[32]
  • Standpoint epistemology: The view that a member of a minority has an authority and ability to speak about racism that members of other racial groups do not have, and that this can expose the racial neutrality of law as false.[1]
  • Essentialism vs. anti-essentialism: Delgado and Stefancic write, "Scholars who write about these issues are concerned with the appropriate unit for analysis: Is the black community one, or many, communities? Do middle- and working-class African-Americans have different interests and needs? Do all oppressed peoples have something in common?" This is a look at the ways that oppressed groups may share in their oppression but also have different needs and values that need to be looked at differently. It is a question of how groups can be essentialized or are unable to be essentialized.[33]
  • Structural determinism: Exploration of how "the structure of legal thought or culture influences its content," whereby a particular mode of thought or widely shared practice determines significant social outcomes, usually occurring without conscious knowledge. As such, theorists posit that our system cannot redress certain kinds of wrongs.[34]
  • Empathetic fallacy: Believing that one can change a narrative by offering an alternative narrative in hopes that the listener's empathy will quickly and reliably take over. Empathy is not enough to change racism as most people are not exposed to many people different from themselves and people mostly seek out information about their own culture and group.[35]
  • Non-white cultural nationalism/separatism: The exploration of more radical views that argue for separation and reparations as a form of foreign aid (including black nationalism).[29]

What a load of liberal rot! Critiquing, storytelling, and revisionist interpretations etc. etc. are so broad and vague that the whole theory is meaningless generic psychobabble that could be applied to any discussion about anything ---

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
What a load of liberal rot! Critiquing, storytelling, and revisionist interpretations etc. etc. are so broad and vague that the whole theory is meaningless generic psychobabble that could be applied to any discussion about anything ---
Precisely... but after you're done wading through all the asinine leftist bull shit, one message is clear, "WHITEY BAD."

Yep. Lots of lies from fox.

I think Kamala had a hard time selling this book. After all, what decent parent would want her young child reading a book written by this woman. So I bet she charged the government for the books they are handing out in welcome packages. That was no doubt the only way she was ever going to be able to get rid of these books and make some money at the same time. Unfortunately, the money gets stolen from the American taxpayer.

I think Kamala had a hard time selling this book. After all, what decent parent would want her young child reading a book written by this woman. So I bet she charged the government for the books they are handing out in welcome packages. That was no doubt the only way she was ever going to be able to get rid of these books and make some money at the same time. Unfortunately, the money gets stolen from the American taxpayer.

Well, that is one of the more recent lies. The book that was in that picture was only one book that was donated by local people.

Public Schools have been pushing Europhobic nonsense since the 1960's when non-Whites gained control of the public schools.

Public Schools have been pushing Europhobic nonsense since the 1960's when non-Whites gained control of the public schools.

You mean as comparing to teach black folks that they were inferior to white folks. Having black folks fighting in wars to liberate other folks while they themselves were treated less than the family dog.

Your right wing media, lies to you.

her book did not come in welcome packages for all the children refugees.

that was the lie pushed, which right wing FAKE NEWS took and spread, far and wide in your alternative right wing media circles.

you believed them, without proof of even looking in to the fake story.....

WHY DON'T YOU HOLD YOUR OWN FAVORED MEDIA, TO ACCOUNT, in their lies?

There was 1 book, donated by a local charity, that was Kamala's book pictured in your fake news story, that went viral.

It would be nice if we would just speak the truth to the children coming up. Yes. There were laws against teaching enslaved folks to read and write. Yes, there were laws that stripped women of their property when they married and gave the property to their husbands. Yes. There were husbands registered for patents for inventions that actually were invented by their wives. There were rules that kept people out of schools that prepared people for careers in law, medicine, etc. There were rulings by the US Supreme Court, the Dred Scott decision for one, that denied Americans our full citizenship.

The trumpsters don't want the truth be told through the eyes of black folk, female folk, native American folk, Asian folk, LGBT folk, white male folk.

It is way passed time that we humans look each other in eye and acknowledge each other as equals.

It would be nice if we would just speak the truth to the children coming up. Yes. There were laws against teaching enslaved folks to read and write. Yes, there were laws that stripped women of their property when they married and gave the property to their husbands. Yes. There were husbands registered for patents for inventions that actually were invented by their wives. There were rules that kept people out of schools that prepared people for careers in law, medicine, etc. There were rulings by the US Supreme Court, the Dred Scott decision for one, that denied Americans our full citizenship.

The trumpsters don't want the truth be told through the eyes of black folk, female folk, native American folk, Asian folk, LGBT folk, white male folk.

It is way passed time that we humans look each other in eye and acknowledge each other as equals.
that was taught BEFORE democrats and liberals dumbed down history in school with social studies. when I went to school we learned US World and our State histories. Now that is not taught a all.

that was the lie pushed, which right wing FAKE NEWS took and spread, far and wide in your alternative right wing media circles.

There was 1 book, donated by a local charity, that was Kamala's book pictured in your fake news story, that went viral.

Why don't you?

Well, that is one of the more recent lies. The book that was in that picture was only one book that was donated by local people.

That excuse sounds a lot like the one this guy tried to use to explain his positive coke test. He said he was at a party and someone blew it up his nose.

Why don't you?

show a lie of theirs, and I am right there, pointing a finger at them.

That excuse sounds a lot like the one this guy tried to use to explain his positive coke test. He said he was at a party and someone blew it up his nose.

Yet this one is provable. A group of volunteers donated lots of items. One lady donated one copy of that book. That's the one copy that was in that picture, and that right wingers went nuts over.

that was taught BEFORE democrats and liberals dumbed down history in school with social studies. when I went to school we learned US World and our State histories. Now that is not taught a all.

Yeah. Sure. You were taught about the Seneca Falls convention of 1848, the struggle for democracy by women and people of color, the underground railroad rescuing people from enslavement, the murders by lynching of black folks, and on one occasion, a Jewish man, Leo Frank. When I was in high school, we learned about the Holocaust, racism, misogyny.

Were you taught about the struggles of the American people to live in freedom and participate in democracy? Who was Victoria Woodhall and what did she do? Harriet Tubman?

Yeah. Sure. You were taught about the Seneca Falls convention of 1848, the struggle for democracy by women and people of color, the underground railroad rescuing people from enslavement, the murders by lynching of black folks, and on one occasion, a Jewish man, Leo Frank. When I was in high school, we learned about the Holocaust, racism, misogyny.

Were you taught about the struggles of the American people to live in freedom and participate in democracy? Who was Victoria Woodhall and what did she do? Harriet Tubman?
woodhall sounds familiar but I am 63 hard to remember all the names tubman ya we learned about her for sure we learned about the indian wars slavery and such.

woodhall sounds familiar but I am 63 hard to remember all the names tubman ya we learned about her for sure we learned about the indian wars slavery and such.

She ran for POTUS in 1872. Her running mate was Frederick Douglas. The political history of women and non-white folks is not taught in the United States. In the 1970s, I marched dressed in white with a purple sash behind the bus carrying Alice Paul, a 90-something fighter for democracy in the United States.

What has to be taught in the United States is the fight of every group of Americans to enjoy the fruits of American democracy. I spoke only of white women and their fight to join American democracy. History shows us the struggles of other people to be part of our great American experience. I'm older than you. I remember when a Christian church was bombed, killing four little girls. I remember when a burned-out station wagon was found and the bodies of three men murdered;

She ran for POTUS in 1872. Her running mate was Frederick Douglas. The political history of women and non-white folks is not taught in the United States. In the 1970s, I marched dressed in white with a purple sash behind the bus carrying Alice Paul, a 90-something fighter for democracy in the United States.

What has to be taught in the United States is the fight of every group of Americans to enjoy the fruits of American democracy. I spoke only of white women and their fight to join American democracy. History shows us the struggles of other people to be part of our great American experience. I'm older than you. I remember when a Christian church was bombed, killing four little girls. I remember when a burned-out station wagon was found and the bodies of three men murdered;

"NOT TAUGHT"???? were the books burned? is there a giant conspiracy to HIDE the
details of the past or keep people from understanding EUCLIDEAN GEOMETRY---or simple
arithmetic? Lots of people are either congenitally cognitively LIMITED and even more do
not bother to learn. I spent a bit of my youth trying to drum plane geometry into kids.
WHY? ""IT WAS NOT TAUGHT""?----nope----lots of kids have trouble LEARNING geometry
and just about ANYTHING ELSE. I am clueless on the history of USA baseball. WHY?
The knowledge was HIDDEN FROM ME? Nope---its just that I was never interested in
knowing, Maybe I have some brain deficit too ???

Forum List

Back