Evil, Greedy Fortune 500 Companies-Charitable Donations

DriftingSand

Cast Iron Member
Feb 16, 2014
State of Disgust!
Several sick, greedy, evil, and horrible Fortune 500 companies have reportedly given sums of cash to charities. I HATE it when these horrible "one-percenters" flex their financial muscles. In 2012 the following bastards (companies) gave the following amounts of money to needy charities. When will their creepiness come to an end? When?:

Google = $144,606,000
Target = $147,038,722
General Electric = $161,500,000
Bank of America = $182,999,588
JP Morgan = $183,471,434
ExxonMobil = $213,374,183
Goldman Sachs = $241,278,912
Chevron = $262,430,000
Walmart = $311,607,280
Wells Fargo = $315,845,766
Most Charitable Companies 2012 10 Big Businesses That Donated Most Cash Chronicle Of Philanthropy

Though giving is still far below pre-recession levels, charity from the big business sector rose last year -- but not by much.

The Chronicle of Philanthropy recently released a report ranking 2012's top 10 most charitable big companies in the U.S. The study reveals that big businesses got a tad bit more generous in 2012, with their total donations growing by 2.7 percent.

Sick sons-of-bitches, money-grubbing, greedy creepos! On top of all that they actually hire people and pay them money and also pay for a portion of their medical insurance. When oh when will their mean-spiritedness come to an end?

So what? Frankly, we'd be better off if they spent that money giving people jobs in this country rather than moving them overseas.
Some folks will never be happy! Don't know about you but there's a Walmart on every corner in my neck of the woods (and a Mobil and a Target and a Wells Fargo and a ...).

So what? Frankly, we'd be better off if they spent that money giving people jobs in this country rather than moving them overseas.
Some folks will never be happy! Don't know about you but there's a Walmart on every corner in my neck of the woods (and a Mobil and a Target and a Wells Fargo and a ...).
I`d be a lot happier if I didn`t have to subsidize those people`s wages with food stamps and whatever.

The Left will never admit the private sector is charitable. Charity is government's job...even though it has proven to be corrupt and inefficient (something like 50% of funds targeted for welfare actually makes it to the recipient...gov keeps the rest)....and besides capitalism stinks, so we must never commend it...

...proving their ignorance and immaturity.

every corner? Really? That sounds like an oversaturated market.

I don't have a problem with there being a lot of Wal Marts. I have a problem with WalMart doing all their manufacturing in CHina and paying their workers starvation wages where we have to make up the difference.

And if you weren't a knuckle-dragging bible thumper, you'd be upset about it, too.

The Left will never admit the private sector is charitable. Charity is government's job...even though it has proven to be corrupt and inefficient (something like 50% of funds targeted for welfare actually makes it to the recipient...gov keeps the rest)....and besides capitalism stinks, so we must never commend it...

Do you have figures on "50% go to government".

because a lot of charities don't even meet that low standard.

Worst Charities The Non Profits That Spend Most Of Their Money On Fundraising

According to a yearlong investigation by the Tampa Bay Times and the Center for Investigative Reporting, there are about 6,000 charities that hire for-profit corporations to raise money and end up spending far too little on actual charitable activities. The nation’s 50 worst charities, as ranked by the Times and CIR, have paid corporate solicitors nearly $1 billion over 10 years.

A good, highly efficient, charitable organization usually spends about 75 percent of the money it raises on charitable programs and the remaining 25 percent on general administration and fundraising, according to the American Institute of Philanthropy. At the lowest end of the “acceptable” spectrum are charities that spend 60 percent on charitable programs and the remaining 40 percent on general administration and fundraising.

The Kids Wish Network, tied for lowest-rated on the Times and CIR’s list, has paid nearly $110 million to corporate solicitors and another $4.8 million to its founder and his own consulting firms. Only about $3.2 million of the total $127.8 billion raised by the charity has gone toward helping the dying children for whom it supposedly exists.

I`d be a lot happier if I didn`t have to subsidize those people`s wages with food stamps and whatever.

Me too but I thought Libs were all about taking from the haves and giving to the have-nots. So if you have more than your neighbor then, by God, it's your responsibility to give to your less fortunate neighbor.

every corner? Really? That sounds like an oversaturated market.

I don't have a problem with there being a lot of Wal Marts. I have a problem with WalMart doing all their manufacturing in CHina and paying their workers starvation wages where we have to make up the difference.

And if you weren't a knuckle-dragging bible thumper, you'd be upset about it, too.

Walmart is a retailer ... not a manufacturer.

Remember Bill Clinton? He signed a massive trade treaty with China. Both Parties have encouraged China's entry into the World Trade Organization. You voted for them -- you get to live with the consequences.

According to a yearlong investigation by the Tampa Bay Times and the Center for Investigative Reporting, there are about 6,000 charities that hire for-profit corporations to raise money and end up spending far too little on actual charitable activities. The nation’s 50 worst charities, as ranked by the Times and CIR, have paid corporate solicitors nearly $1 billion over 10 years.

A good, highly efficient, charitable organization usually spends about 75 percent of the money it raises on charitable programs and the remaining 25 percent on general administration and fundraising, according to the American Institute of Philanthropy. At the lowest end of the “acceptable” spectrum are charities that spend 60 percent on charitable programs and the remaining 40 percent on general administration and fundraising.

The Kids Wish Network, tied for lowest-rated on the Times and CIR’s list, has paid nearly $110 million to corporate solicitors and another $4.8 million to its founder and his own consulting firms. Only about $3.2 million of the total $127.8 billion raised by the charity has gone toward helping the dying children for whom it supposedly exists.

It's true that many charities misuse funds but as long as someone, somewhere in need is benefiting from that charity then the good outweighs the bad. But the OP isn't about how charities use or misuse funds. It's about the fact that evil "one-percenters" give hundreds of millions to charities each year. Personally, I give to 4 charities on a regular basis:

Salvation Army
Habitat for Humanity
St. Jude's Children's Hospital
Denver Rescue Mission

I don't know how well they manage their money but I know for a fact that millions of people benefit from their sense of concern and love for their neighbor.

Joey do the research. Anyone who thinks gov welfare works and efficiently spends taxpayer funds, is a fool.

Joey do the research. Anyone who thinks gov welfare works and efficiently spends taxpayer funds, is a fool.

So you admit you just threw a bullshit figure out there that you couldn't back up, then?

So you admit you just threw a bullshit figure out there that you couldn't back up, then?

Actually Joe...it is all bullshit. The government runs a most efficient and effective social welfare program. 100% of the funding provided goes directly to recipients. The great war on poverty has been a huge success...almost no Americans are on welfare because the government program works so amazingly well.

Actually Joe...it is all bullshit. The government runs a most efficient and effective social welfare program. 100% of the funding provided goes directly to recipients. The great war on poverty has been a huge success...almost no Americans are on welfare because the government program works so amazingly well.

So you can't support your assertation that '50% goes to government", so now you are complaining that it hasn't eradicated poverty.

So what's your solution, let them starve?

So you can't support your assertation that '50% goes to government", so now you are complaining that it hasn't eradicated poverty.

So what's your solution, let them starve?

Actually it might be closer to 70%...but you must do your homework Joey...I can't do it for you. Stop being lazy and educate yourself.

Forum List

Back