Evil, Greedy Fortune 500 Companies-Charitable Donations

If I posted proof, would you believe it?

YOu mean proof from a legitimate news source that isn't run by people who wear tin-foil hats and think the government is out to get them?

Hey Joe...I found this cartoon just for you. It is a bit off point, but let me know if you understand its meaning.

20140812_welfare_0.jpg

Wow- a cartoon.

Maybe we need to put those old people on an iceberg.
Typical left wing knee jerk reaction Joey.

I did not state anything approaching your silly conclusion.

Why do leftists always resort to straw-man arguments?

Let me explain the cartoon as simplistically as I can, so that you might comprehend. Here goes...with a shrinking work force, income tax revenues from workers will also shrink...at the same time the number of Americans receiving government welfare is increasing.

Do you see the problem?

Wow- a cartoon.

Maybe we need to put those old people on an iceberg.
Typical left wing knee jerk reaction Joey.

I did not state anything approaching your silly conclusion.

Why do leftists always resort to straw-man arguments?

Let me explain the cartoon as simplistically as I can, so that you might comprehend. Here goes...with a shrinking work force, income tax revenues from workers will also shrink...at the same time the number of Americans receiving government welfare is increasing.

Do you see the problem?

No, I don't see a problem. THe richest 1% have enough wealth to cover the needs of retirees and the disabled. We just don't tax the fuckers and make them pay their fair share.

But cartoons aren't "evidence" that 50% of money the government spends on welfare goes to government. That's what you were supposed to prove there, guy.

Not that you are horrified at a compassionate society.

The Left will never admit the private sector is charitable. Charity is government's job...even though it has proven to be corrupt and inefficient (something like 50% of funds targeted for welfare actually makes it to the recipient...gov keeps the rest)....and besides capitalism stinks, so we must never commend it...

Do you have figures on "50% go to government".

because a lot of charities don't even meet that low standard.

Worst Charities The Non Profits That Spend Most Of Their Money On Fundraising

According to a yearlong investigation by the Tampa Bay Times and the Center for Investigative Reporting, there are about 6,000 charities that hire for-profit corporations to raise money and end up spending far too little on actual charitable activities. The nation’s 50 worst charities, as ranked by the Times and CIR, have paid corporate solicitors nearly $1 billion over 10 years.

A good, highly efficient, charitable organization usually spends about 75 percent of the money it raises on charitable programs and the remaining 25 percent on general administration and fundraising, according to the American Institute of Philanthropy. At the lowest end of the “acceptable” spectrum are charities that spend 60 percent on charitable programs and the remaining 40 percent on general administration and fundraising.

The Kids Wish Network, tied for lowest-rated on the Times and CIR’s list, has paid nearly $110 million to corporate solicitors and another $4.8 million to its founder and his own consulting firms. Only about $3.2 million of the total $127.8 billion raised by the charity has gone toward helping the dying children for whom it supposedly exists.

It's true that many charities misuse funds but as long as someone, somewhere in need is benefiting from that charity then the good outweighs the bad. But the OP isn't about how charities use or misuse funds. It's about the fact that evil "one-percenters" give hundreds of millions to charities each year. Personally, I give to 4 charities on a regular basis:

Salvation Army
Habitat for Humanity
St. Jude's Children's Hospital
Denver Rescue Mission

I don't know how well they manage their money but I know for a fact that millions of people benefit from their sense of concern and love for their neighbor.

You evil bastard....don't you know you are giving away the governments money and that when you give it away no greedy, corrupt, politician can take credit for it....how could you? You should be ashamed of yourself......

The Left will never admit the private sector is charitable. Charity is government's job...even though it has proven to be corrupt and inefficient (something like 50% of funds targeted for welfare actually makes it to the recipient...gov keeps the rest)....and besides capitalism stinks, so we must never commend it...

According to a yearlong investigation by the Tampa Bay Times and the Center for Investigative Reporting, there are about 6,000 charities that hire for-profit corporations to raise money and end up spending far too little on actual charitable activities. The nation’s 50 worst charities, as ranked by the Times and CIR, have paid corporate solicitors nearly $1 billion over 10 years.

A good, highly efficient, charitable organization usually spends about 75 percent of the money it raises on charitable programs and the remaining 25 percent on general administration and fundraising, according to the American Institute of Philanthropy. At the lowest end of the “acceptable” spectrum are charities that spend 60 percent on charitable programs and the remaining 40 percent on general administration and fundraising.

The Kids Wish Network, tied for lowest-rated on the Times and CIR’s list, has paid nearly $110 million to corporate solicitors and another $4.8 million to its founder and his own consulting firms. Only about $3.2 million of the total $127.8 billion raised by the charity has gone toward helping the dying children for whom it supposedly exists.

It's true that many charities misuse funds but as long as someone, somewhere in need is benefiting from that charity then the good outweighs the bad. But the OP isn't about how charities use or misuse funds. It's about the fact that evil "one-percenters" give hundreds of millions to charities each year. Personally, I give to 4 charities on a regular basis:

Salvation Army
Habitat for Humanity
St. Jude's Children's Hospital
Denver Rescue Mission

I don't know how well they manage their money but I know for a fact that millions of people benefit from their sense of concern and love for their neighbor.

You evil bastard....don't you know you are giving away the governments money and that when you give it away no greedy, corrupt, politician can take credit for it....how could you? You should be ashamed of yourself......

I know, I know ... how shameful of me.

Shameful is supporting a system where children go to bed hungry at night while the 1% control half the wealth in the country.

With all the food programs in this country both private and public, there is no reason for kids to go hungry in this country....if they are....you need to talk to their parents, and not worry so much about corporations....

[QUOTEt: 10317842, member: 31057"]

Joey do the research. Anyone who thinks gov welfare works and efficiently spends taxpayer funds, is a fool.

So you admit you just threw a bullshit figure out there that you couldn't back up, then?[/QUOTE]

What? Are you saying he made something up to support his position, lied in other words? Gosh, where could he learn such a tactic in here?

Forum List

Back