Evidence That Moses Existed

ReinyDays something has been nagging at me. If you believe Jesus was a historical figure but don't believe that Moses was a historical figure, then what does that say about Jesus when he spoke of Moses? Why would Jesus speak of Moses if Moses wasn't a historical figure? Doesn't that make you question whether was Jesus was a historical figure too? Or at least call into question the text that tells us that Jesus talked about Moses?

It's good to be nagged about something ... glad to be of service ... you've taken my words out of context ... worse, you refuse to acknowledge the context I spoke in ... you understand, but it makes you far too uncomfortable to ponder, thus you're refusing to admit ...

I'm sorry your assumptions failed you ... I can't help you if you don't think you need help ...
And you did nothing to clarify anything. So I am still at the exact same place in understanding as I was before you got that off your chest. Hope you feel better.

Maybe the fault lies with you. But regardless you still have the same incongruity.
Why would Jesus speak of Moses if Moses wasn't a historical figure?
And you did nothing to clarify anything. So I am still at the exact same place in understanding as I was before you got that off your chest. Hope you feel better.
were you referring to your question ....

maybe your entire world view became unraveled and like the orange jesus simply refuse to accept the outcome - -

always willing to help ... and remember the religious itinerant is a historical figure even if not what you thought he was and so as well the religion of antiquity remains most likely as the underlying goal being the subject of the events of the 1st century, perhaps unknowingly irregardless the forged messages of the christian bible.

Maybe the fault lies with you. But regardless you still have the same incongruity.

No ... I'm clear on how historians define "historical figures" ... Moses doesn't qualify ...

So if Moses was talked about by Jesus and isn't a historical figure, what is he?

So if Moses was talked about by Jesus and isn't a historical figure, what is he?

Until archeological evidence is unearthed ... his existence would be mythological ...

Here a video, and in the first three minutes the guy lays out the difference ... and he spends quite a bit of time further on clarifying these differences ... note he takes the position of a professional historian, so he doesn't give The Bible any special weight compared to other documents written in that time period ... and he also takes time to explain the differences between how you're using the term "historical figure" and how professional historians use the term ...

You can disagree with the historical scholarship ... just like you can disagree with the scientific scholarship ... won't change the scholarship ...

"Several million people roaming the Sinai Desert for 40 years would leave A LOT of evidence" ... think about it ...

Until archeological evidence is unearthed ... his existence would be mythological ...

Here a video, and in the first three minutes the guy lays out the difference ... and he spends quite a bit of time further on clarifying these differences ... note he takes the position of a professional historian, so he doesn't give The Bible any special weight compared to other documents written in that time period ... and he also takes time to explain the differences between how you're using the term "historical figure" and how professional historians use the term ...

You can disagree with the historical scholarship ... just like you can disagree with the scientific scholarship ... won't change the scholarship ...

"Several million people roaming the Sinai Desert for 40 years would leave A LOT of evidence" ... think about it ...

Do you believe that Jesus believed he was discussing a mythological person?

There is a lot of evidence, but people didn't look at the correct time period. Also, Ramses was a location, not a Pharoah. What does your guy say about that?

methane-thedevilsown-3000x3000.jpg

Furthermore, why don't you tell Satan about your methane ideas? He's prolly the guy to take you up on it :tongue:.

It's not historical scholarship. It's pre-historical. The atheists believe pre-historic humans lived in caves, but there is no evidence for it. It's a myth perpetrated by evolution.

That said, you sound like you know more about the evidence so that is why I am asking you. All I have is a general idea.

neanderthals-pixabay-201609.jpg

There is no evidence for humans being cave people or being amazed at fire. This is crap that universities teach you. Neanderthals are just modern humans with their skeletal structure.

The true pre-historic humans were from Moses' time. The had fire and used them for light and torches.

Last edited:

There is a lot of evidence, but people didn't look at the correct time period. Also, Ramses was a location, not a Pharoah. What does your guy say about that?

View attachment 424878

Furthermore, why don't you tell Satan about your methane ideas? He's prolly the guy to take you up on it :tongue:.

Your psycho-sexual fantasies are the stuff that fill texts.

It's not historical scholarship. It's pre-historical. The atheists believe pre-historic humans lived in caves, but there is no evidence for it. It's a myth perpetrated by evolution.

That said, you sound like you know more about the evidence so that is why I am asking you. All I have is a general idea.

View attachment 424950

There is no evidence for humans being cave people or being amazed at fire. This is crap that universities teach you. Neanderthals are just modern humans with their skeletal structure.

The true pre-historic humans were from Moses' time. The had fire and used them for light and torches.

Have I upset your tender feelings in yet another thread ... I'm so sorry ... I can be such a bully sometimes ...

Please present your evidence ... I'll try not to slap you so hard this time ...

Have I upset your tender feelings in yet another thread ... I'm so sorry ... I can be such a bully sometimes ...

Please present your evidence ... I'll try not to slap you so hard this time ...

No, I'm not hurt whatsoever.

Once I found out that Moses was a prehistorical figure, then I ordered a couple set of DVDs. That made it lot more interesting if the ME was the cradle of civilization. I haven't received them yet, so all I can go by is their trailer above.

You're the one who has the expert. What does he say about Ramses as a location? Apparently, it was a temple. You can also see the timelines would be off if we are talking about prehistorical times.

I'm not Jewish nor do I think ding is, so most of what we have is prolly based on movies. We were mythologized by the Flintstones and all those stone age characters and what we were taught in school, so it's not something that comes easy as part of prehistorical times to us. Maybe the Jews here can shed more light.

Once I found out that Moses was a prehistorical figure, then I ordered a couple set of DVDs. That made it lot more interesting if the ME was the cradle of civilization. I haven't received them yet, so all I can go by is their trailer above.
You're the one who has the expert. What does he say about Ramses as a location? Apparently, it was a temple. You can also see the timelines would be off if we are talking about prehistorical times.
I'm not Jewish nor do I think ding is, so most of what we have is prolly based on movies. We were mythologized by the Flintstones and all those stone age characters and what we were taught in school, so it's not something that comes easy as part of prehistorical times to us. Maybe the Jews here can shed more light.

The trailer was quite disjointed ... so I check at the website ... you'll not be able to share with us what's on these DVD's ... strictly copyrighted ... sad ... that tells me it's just made up bullshit unfit for scholarly publications ... yes, history has standards, similar to science ... refereed journals ... I think you wasted your parents' money ... but we shall see ...

Try not to accept what the video says hook, line and sinker ... take the time to verify the claims ... and you will be able to bring those verifications to these boards and post ... we can discuss the matter then ... right now it all appears to be fringe historology ... or pseudo-history ... making stuff up to sell DVD's ...

Not sure why you're asking about Ramses in an advertisement for a chart listing the genealogy of The Bible ... Ramses was an Egyptian ... perhaps Useful Charts has a chart on Pharaoh genealogy ... search the guy's website ... but if Ramses is a place, then who founded the 19th dynasty? ... and when? ...

The trailer was quite disjointed ... so I check at the website ... you'll not be able to share with us what's on these DVD's ... strictly copyrighted ... sad ... that tells me it's just made up bullshit unfit for scholarly publications ... yes, history has standards, similar to science ... refereed journals ... I think you wasted your parents' money ... but we shall see ...

Try not to accept what the video says hook, line and sinker ... take the time to verify the claims ... and you will be able to bring those verifications to these boards and post ... we can discuss the matter then ... right now it all appears to be fringe historology ... or pseudo-history ... making stuff up to sell DVD's ...

Not sure why you're asking about Ramses in an advertisement for a chart listing the genealogy of The Bible ... Ramses was an Egyptian ... perhaps Useful Charts has a chart on Pharaoh genealogy ... search the guy's website ... but if Ramses is a place, then who founded the 19th dynasty? ... and when? ...

The Biblical timeline and evolution timelines overlap, but the prehistoric timeline of Moses does not match up with that of evolution's stone age. But I guess the dates which overlap are close enough.

Biblical

Human History (1250 BC and 1200 BC - Search for Moses)

BTW, it may be spelled Ramesses. And I said he wasn't the Egyptian Pharaoh, but the location is tied to Moses. Moses was called Senenmut by the Egyptians since he was found floating on the Nile by his royal mother Hatshepsut.

cain_and_abel.jpg

BTW, don't you think Cain and Abel wore clothing like that of the stone age people (billions of years before)?

Last edited:

The Biblical timeline and evolution timelines overlap, but the prehistoric timeline of Moses does not match up with that of evolution. But I guess close enough.

Biblical

Human History (1250 BC and 1200 BC - Search for Moses)

BTW, it may be spelled Ramesses. And I said he wasn't the Egyptian Pharaoh, but the location is tied to Moses. Moses was called by the Egyptians since he was raised by royal Hatshepsut.

View attachment 425058

BTW, don't you think Cain and Abel wore clothing like that of the stone age people (billions of years before)?

It's easy to set out the Biblical timeline with just information listed in the Bible ... using the Kingdom of Judea as the connection point ... Judea is well established in the archeological record and dated close enough for this purpose ...

I would have thought Cain, Luluwa, Abel and Aklemia wore fig leaves like their parents ... as an aid for going forth, being fruitful, and multiplying ... if I had thought about it at all ... which I haven't ...

It's easy to set out the Biblical timeline with just information listed in the Bible ... using the Kingdom of Judea as the connection point ... Judea is well established in the archeological record and dated close enough for this purpose ...

Thanks. That's good to know. So do you believe the timeline for the Exodus and Moses? There is hard evidence for Senenmut as heir to Thutmose III, but his son prevented it.

I would have thought Cain, Luluwa, Abel and Aklemia wore fig leaves like their parents ... as an aid for going forth, being fruitful, and multiplying ... if I had thought about it at all ... which I haven't ...

After Adam and Eve sinned, they realized they were naked and had to cover themselves up. They didn't last long in paradise.

Forum List

Back