Evidence for God?

That's Bullshit ScienceFan.. It's MUCH EASIER to believe and fathom most parts of the Bible than it is the Big Bang. To believe that all the energy, all the matter, and all the in between we still don't have a handle on -- fit in a space smaller than the head of the pin ---- is AN IMMENSE leap of faith. No matter how many blackboards you fill up with equations.
The Big Bang SIMPLE??? That's a riot..
Textbook!

4679516_f520.jpg

And I might add.. Which/Witch god is easier to believe in?
You don't get them all: tens of thousands with different creation MYTHS.
Maybe you're lucky and it's your god! Yeah, that's the ticket!

`

Real smart. Except on the 40th experiment, the scientist figures out the problem.

Six, how can you post this anti-science crap on a computer, hooked to the internet, and then to this message board, and say that science doesn't work? You assholes are so damned blind.

Looking at human evolution and the evolution of advanced life tells me that "God" popping out of nothing would be harder then energy popping out of lets say the multiverse into ours.

There is zero evidence for a multiverse.

These types of threads attract all sorts of atheists that not only do NOT believe that a creator made us or the universe, they don't WANT there to be such a being. Hence, they have zero objectivity on the topic. They're like attorneys shilling for a certain outcome as opposed to having an open mind and looking for the truth.

The truth is there's NO evidence for God outside of the Bible...

The bible isn't evidence.

To say there is no evidence is not necessarily correct. There's certainly a very good argument for the concept that our universe was designed and created by a super intellect. If there is no creator, aka "God", then we're left to believe that everything came from nothing and that life spontaneously materialized from the alleged primordial soup which, by the way, science has NEVER been able to duplicate in spite of their best and never-ending efforts.

There are also countless people who have had the so-called "near-death experiences" who have come back to discuss meeting the creator, loved ones who had passed previously, Jesus, etc.". Some of them have claimed Hellish near-death experiences. That's not something science can measure. If there is a spiritual realm, science will NEVER be able to study it. Guys like you dismiss these claims, of course, The absolute LAST thing you want to exist is a creator. So, you'll never acknowledge the experiences of others. If it didn't happen to you then it didn't happen, right?

Additionally, what you're saying is that, if you can't measure it, it can't exist. That's an illogical fallacy.

Ultimately, belief in a creator or belief that everything came from nothing relies on faith. You either have faith in a creator or faith that everything came from nothing which, by the way, has ZERO evidence to back up that insane "theory".

How about it? Where is the evidence for God that is better then the evidence for Evolution? I put the cards on the table and demand an answer.

The truth is there's NO evidence for God outside of the Bible and will never be any. You can't justify "faith" for a good reason to attack Evolution as that is simply retarded. Evolution is backed up with centuries of evidence and observation that proves it without the shallow of a doubt...Perfect, no, of course not.

The big bang makes more sense as it is simple and God is complex. People bitch about how it could happen without a god! Well, think about it a little harder for a moment and realize that a god would be a billion trillion times more complex then simple physical processes over billions of years. It would be like comparing a simple acid to a human being...Still think God is more likely?

You want to find God under the microscope? inside a petri dish?

Well you won't.

It wouldn't affect them, even if they did find "God" in a Petri dish. . .

They would still simply abort him / her.

Look at how little effect the biological facts about a human life in the womb has on them!

Last edited:
I believe in evolution, but I don't believe that life spontaneously materialized in a primordial soup and then "evolved" into every living thing that's ever existed. There is certainly a lack of archaeological evidence to support that claim.

What the reader won't read is an atheist positing a theory on how the universe and how life came to be. That would require integrity and few of them have that quality.

There is no logical evidence for the creators-gods. Also we don't need any god or something like that because Abiogenesis explains us to how life came to be.

There is no logical evidence for the creators-gods.

Besides the accepted theory for the beginning of the universe along with space and time and even life itself. Yea, there's no evidence at all. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

For some time now, I've believed Man created God in his image so the priests (or their equivalent) could keep the masses in line.

Looking at human evolution and the evolution of advanced life tells me that "God" popping out of nothing would be harder then energy popping out of lets say the multiverse into ours.

There is zero evidence for a multiverse.

Depends on which concept people are applying to said multiverse:

“What we mean is real universes in extra dimensions,” says Faizal. “As gravity can flow out of our universe into the extra dimensions, such a model can be tested by the detection of mini black holes at the LHC.”

Large Hadron Collider Could Detect Extra Dimensions

For some time now, I've believed Man created God in his image so the priests (or their equivalent) could keep the masses in line.

Then you also likely believe that the universe created itself. That's "scientific", right?

Did I say that? There is, as yet, no verifiable evidence what caused the universe. Some theories with various supporting data, but no proof what happened. Maybe someday.

I'm giving my opinions or beliefs. They are as valid as any other here.

How about it? Where is the evidence for God that is better then the evidence for Evolution? I put the cards on the table and demand an answer.

The truth is there's NO evidence for God outside of the Bible and will never be any. You can't justify "faith" for a good reason to attack Evolution as that is simply retarded. Evolution is backed up with centuries of evidence and observation that proves it without the shallow of a doubt...Perfect, no, of course not.

The big bang makes more sense as it is simple and God is complex. People bitch about how it could happen without a god! Well, think about it a little harder for a moment and realize that a god would be a billion trillion times more complex then simple physical processes over billions of years. It would be like comparing a simple acid to a human being...Still think God is more likely?

That's Bullshit ScienceFan.. It's MUCH easier to believe and fathom most parts of the Bible than it is the Big Bang. To believe that all the energy, all the matter, and all the in between we still don't have a handle on -- fit in a space smaller than the head of the pin ---- is AN IMMENSE leap of faith. No matter how many blackboards you fill up with equations.

OK, you have the floor. Explain how the big bang (which I am not a huge believer in even though my first major was astrophysics before I became an evolutionary biologist) is complex, whereas the God Hypothesis is simple.

1) Big bang ~ We have energy + hydrogen out of nothing (simple version)

2) God hypothesis ~ God from nothing

Last edited:

That's Bullshit ScienceFan.. It's MUCH easier to believe and fathom most parts of the Bible than it is the Big Bang. To believe that all the energy, all the matter, and all the in between we still don't have a handle on -- fit in a space smaller than the head of the pin ---- is AN IMMENSE leap of faith. No matter how many blackboards you fill up with equations.

Where did God come from?

Beats me. For me it's realizing that even with ALL the science that I know -- that there's a need of HUMILITY in claiming that Science is absolutely free of "belief".. And people of faith are very humble. Subjecting yourself to the "discipline and traditions" of religion TEACHES you humility.

As opposed say to those who place their lives and futures in the decisions of mere men/women. And HAVE no humility about what they can demand by power of law.

Humility and obedience to a "higher law" is a good thing.
Better, but not there yet.

You could consider science a religion, cuz it is also based on faith. Those faiths include assumptions that natural laws exist, are the same everywhere, constant over time & understandable/"discovered" by man (more or less). We also assume Occam's razor as starting points.

I know of few if any believers who are humble about their religion & the real question is does the God deserve to be in charge of "higher law". Religions are usually taught by those who claim to know what God is and means.

I'm pretty sure that if God/Jesus comes back, his first words (assuming he is not immediately crucified AGAIN by believers) will be ~ "Wait! I said WHAT?"

Where did God come from?

Beats me. For me it's realizing that even with ALL the science that I know -- that there's a need of HUMILITY in claiming that Science is absolutely free of "belief".. And people of faith are very humble. Subjecting yourself to the "discipline and traditions" of religion TEACHES you humility.

As opposed say to those who place their lives and futures in the decisions of mere men/women. And HAVE no humility about what they can demand by power of law.

Humility and obedience to a "higher law" is a good thing.

Religion, in the proper context can teach lots of worthwhile things, but I don't see that as the subject. If you are against evolution because the concept that natural selection could produce humans is too much for you to conceive, How much harder would it be for a God to be created? You can't prove where God came from. Using your logic, there is no reason to believe he even exists.

In evolution for instance, it's certainly NOT an either/or proposition. Darwin failed to ascribe the ACTUAL causes of mutation that we know now. And the complex structure of DNA and all the secondary ways that genes are activated or mutated was not available to him. Being the FITTEST was the EFFECT, not the CAUSE of evolution.

Now that we know a shitload more -- it's obvious that things people fought over in the "gaps" in evolution, might NEVER HAVE EXISTED.

For instance, we now know that ACCELERATED evolution is entirely possible. This was shown in the early 20th century by CREATING 10 new species of fruit flies in a day or two.

SO -- the forces of rapid mutation could be sudden Enviro stress, Chemical exposure, or more than likely Cosmic Ray bombardment.

Now tell me -- what does State Farm or Allstate classify a massive Cosmic Ray storm as ? It's an "act of Gawd" --- right? Times in evolution where the mutation rates SKYROCKETED and "skipped" the expected "missing links"...

All this Darwin missed out on. Doesn't mean he wasn't an originator of the concept. But the normal debate pitting Gawd against Darwin is just for chumps.

It just was not this neat simple progression that most people have in their heads.
Not gonna rip your post apart, but I will add that Chuck is our daddy and made a great start. He was wrong in several areas, but his guesses were sound for the time.

Forum List

Back