Everything's been tried. It's time to pack up and come home.

It's time to pack up and come home. Leave them alone. Let them figure out what they want. And when the winners emerge, we can deal with them. Until then, no more Americans should go to the Middle East. And looking at Obama's current strategy, it looks like he probably agrees.
This is the part I agree with, the sooner the better.

Ok, here's my plan.
Ya know how folks in Texas are always talking about seceding? So, if they don't want to be a part of the U.S., then why don't we just give Texas to Israel? Israel gets a safe homeland without neighbors who are hell-bent on their destruction, Texans don't have to be part of the U.S. anymore, and illegal immigration from Mexico would not be a problem. If there is anything the Israelis are great at - it's holding a border. Win-Win-Win
I believe the United States has already given Israel more than they deserve, not to mention the fact that even Texas does not deserve that fate.

any country that doesn't stand up and fight for their own freedoms and overcome any/all obsticles that hinder those freedoms will never maintain any freedom another country wins FOR them. Freedom comes with a high price. It's not the USA's responsibility to provide discounts only to have those discounts squandered at a later date. Being an friendly force is one thing, being a savior is another, especially when lives of American soldiers, and the fate of their family is the price tag.

Time to drag bag and leave those third world shitheads to their own design. Good, bad or otherwise their fate is theirs to OWN, not ours.
You said: any country that doesn't stand up and fight for their own freedoms and overcome any/all obsticles that hinder those freedoms will never maintain any freedom

Exactly, that's why we fight GOP voter suppression.

had nothing to do with Iraq invasion of Kuwait or the violation of the cease fire did it OP?
The Kuwait invasion happened many years before. And they paid. How long do they have to pay. Besides, if you aren't from Kuwait, why do you care anyway. Leave them alone.
And there are way worse than Saddam ever was. Korea developed nuclear warheads and long range missiles under Bush and the Republican's watch. Why no outrage? Why no invasion. They were and are a bigger threat than Iraq ever was.

Ok, here's my plan.
Ya know how folks in Texas are always talking about seceding? So, if they don't want to be a part of the U.S., then why don't we just give Texas to Israel? Israel gets a safe homeland without neighbors who are hell-bent on their destruction, Texans don't have to be part of the U.S. anymore, and illegal immigration from Mexico would not be a problem. If there is anything the Israelis are great at - it's holding a border. Win-Win-Win

Why would you give israel over to a pile of palestinian malcontents who have no desire of EVER wanting peace? Israel and texas are both productive. Palestine is a sewer.

Bush and the Republican's disastrous foray into the Middle East needs to come to a close. They don't hate us for our freedom. They don't want our government. They want us gone.

The Iraq war destabilized the entire Middle East. It didn't work. It didn't ALMOST work. It was never close to working.

I understand why the GOP did what it did. They were simply tired of failure and were as sure that bringing democracy to the Middle East would work as they were sure that Obama would lose the last election. Sometimes, you need more than imagination. I suspect if they knew anything about the Middle East before the invasion, they wouldn't have invaded. But that's what happens when you think learning is for snobs.

But it's water under the bridge. I think the last best hope was when Obama put together a coalition of other Middle Eastern Countries to fight Isis. Something Bush never did.
So did it work? Nope. Instead of attacking Isis, they attacked each other. At least he tried with something sensible and logical. A coalition like Bush's that included a dozen people from half a dozen Caribbean countries was an insult to intelligent people.

It's time to pack up and come home. Leave them alone. Let them figure out what they want. And when the winners emerge, we can deal with them. Until then, no more Americans should go to the Middle East. And looking at Obama's current strategy, it looks like he probably agrees.

If there is anything that scumbag dimocraps are better at than surrendering, it is lying......

Bush and the Republican's disastrous foray into the Middle East needs to come to a close. They don't hate us for our freedom. They don't want our government. They want us gone.

The Iraq war destabilized the entire Middle East. It didn't work. It didn't ALMOST work. It was never close to working.

I understand why the GOP did what it did. They were simply tired of failure and were as sure that bringing democracy to the Middle East would work as they were sure that Obama would lose the last election. Sometimes, you need more than imagination. I suspect if they knew anything about the Middle East before the invasion, they wouldn't have invaded. But that's what happens when you think learning is for snobs.

But it's water under the bridge. I think the last best hope was when Obama put together a coalition of other Middle Eastern Countries to fight Isis. Something Bush never did.
So did it work? Nope. Instead of attacking Isis, they attacked each other. At least he tried with something sensible and logical. A coalition like Bush's that included a dozen people from half a dozen Caribbean countries was an insult to intelligent people.

If there is anything that scumbag dimocraps are better at than surrendering, it is lying......
dems aren't near as good at lying as repubs and don't rationalize as well either..

dems aren't near as good at lying as repubs and don't rationalize as well either..

dems are not very good at telling the truth ^

dems are not very good at telling the truth ^
a fine example of rationalizing a lie...

I say, pick the side you want to win and supply them weapons. If you are a Republicans and are going to throw away money making useless weapons, send them to people who want them. Someplace on the other side of the world. Just don't send them our kids. When our kids are there, everyone shoots at them. Better they shoot at each other.

We don't belong in their lands. We never did. It's time for our Government to start practicing a foreign policy that Dr. Ron Paul has proposed for years...

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. If you wouldn't accept another Nation doing something to you and your People, then simply don't do that something to another Nation and its People. Just bring the $Trillions in Tax Dollars and Soldiers home. The time has come.

The problem is not using military force (when necessary), it is how we use that force. Other than total war situations (e.g., WW2), we do not need to occupy countries or subdue local populations. Our military should be used to disable and quarantine our enemies, not play policemen to the world.

Sad that Republicans like Mitt Romney have no problem sending other people's children. But not one of his own 5 sons.

Oh, that's right. Mitt's sons were already doing something even more important. Trying to get him elected president.

Forum List

Back