Every Branch Of US Military Facing Personnel Shortages

We don't have 49,000 tranny rapes a year. we have 49,000 gun deaths a year because the gun industry floods our streets with guns to create fear.

Sounds reasonable to me. Heck, if you get down to it, a lot of training we took really has no effect on combat. How to wear the uniform properly, shining boots, making a nice tight bunk you can bounce a quarter off of. What it does do is require you to respect your peers and superiors.

Now, I was in when they'd still throw you out for being LGBTQ. Except it was my experience that if you were, but you did your job, they didn't care. The only people they threw out were folks who realized in basic or AIT that was a ticket out and claimed to be, even if they weren't.

We had one kid in AIT who wanted out, and told the CO he'd "give everyone in the company AIDS" (it was the 80's, and no one really understood how AIDS worked yet.) He was there when I got there and he was still their when I left because they were taking their own sweet time throwing him out.

I took my Basic at Ft. Sill and my AIT at Ft. Lee Quartermaster school. Never saw a bayonet.

Pronoun training adds to unit cohesion because it is a matter of respect. You can't work in a unit if you don't respect each other.

Again, what we need is unit cohesion. That means we don't want bigots in our ranks. They cause discord, not unity. That's why they won't let you in if you are a Nazi or a Klansman.
I did TOW missile maintenance and never saw a bayonet.

I did TOW missile maintenance and never saw a bayonet.

My boat carried 16 missiles with a total of 160 nuclear-armed MIRVs.

A bayonet wouldn't have been of much use.

Poseidon_C-3_SLBM.jpg

You choose to go into the military. You even choose your branch. No one has been drafted since 1974.
Yes, you can choose the branch, you can choose an MOS, sometimes you get reassigned to meet needs or your staff slot is already taken and you can be reassigned to a different position.
I had three MOS two certified and one not. No matter what you did if they found out you could type then you was a clerk typist even if you are supposed to repair generators.

We don't have 49,000 tranny rapes a year. we have 49,000 gun deaths a year because the gun industry floods our streets with guns to create fear.

Actually, the firearms industry is not flooding streets with guns. If you buy a gun legally, you have to, you know, pay for it. It’s, you know, a choice you make.

Just how many tranny rapes, caused directly by policy allowing men in womens bathrooms and showers, are acceptable to you in order to show how much we respect the transfolk? Give a number, please?

I'm going to guess you answer would be some version of 'however many it takes to show that respect.'

Would you at least be willing to keep that rule for adult bathrooms, since grown women know what they are getting into and can choose between their safety and their dignity? Could we say no trannies in bathrooms provided to schoolgirls? Would that be OK with you, or would you scream for a lawsuit?

We have 49.000 gun deaths a year, because progressive welfare policies create generation after generation of fatherless men, and progressive judges (and now progressive prosecutors), keep releasing violent offenders from prison.

After WWII, the markets were flooded with inexpensive Army rifles and pistols, which could be bought by anyone with the money to pay for them. Yet, the murder rate did not skyrocket until progressive social policies kicked in.
Sounds reasonable to me. Heck, if you get down to it, a lot of training we took really has no effect on combat. How to wear the uniform properly, shining boots, making a nice tight bunk you can bounce a quarter off of. What it does do is require you to respect your peers and superiors.
Yes, which adds to the willingness to follow orders and the attention to detail that saves soldiers lives and wins battles. Shiny boots and tight bunks may seem a small detail to a private, but let the private get away with an unmade bed and scuffed boots, and he will also slack off on a clean rifle, and a deep foxhole.

How long did you spend in the Army, that you still have this Army movie understanding of it?
Now, I was in when they'd still throw you out for being LGBTQ. Except it was my experience that if you were, but you did your job, they didn't care. The only people they threw out were folks who realized in basic or AIT that was a ticket out and claimed to be, even if they weren't.

We had one kid in AIT who wanted out, and told the CO he'd "give everyone in the company AIDS" (it was the 80's, and no one really understood how AIDS worked yet.) He was there when I got there and he was still their when I left because they were taking their own sweet time throwing him out.
Yes, I knew men and women who were gay and only a few grumply old sarge's tried to do anything about it, but were unsuccessful.
I took my Basic at Ft. Sill and my AIT at Ft. Lee Quartermaster school. Never saw a bayonet.
I guess the aggression required of paratroopers is different from the aggression required of people who fill out hand receipts. Maybe that is part of the problem. The Army is heavy with rear eschelon bean counters, and light with frontline bullet shooters. Then the bean counters get out of the service and tell people they know aaaaall about the Army and pronoun training is as good a way as any to spend training time.

But, I think you understand that all soldiers need to be trained to fight in basic training, no matter what their MOS will be, even if you don't want to admit it.
Pronoun training adds to unit cohesion because it is a matter of respect. You can't work in a unit if you don't respect each other.
Should they respect women who don't want to shower with biological men?

What exactly should they be taught in "pronoun training?" Should it be mandatory announce your pronouns to everyone you meet, so that trannies don't feel like they are the only ones who do it? Should trainees be required to call a male "she," and "her," if that is "their" pronoun, or should the Army teach respect for soldiers who believe in the science of biology?

When Democrats talk about "respect" after months of rioting during COVID, you can bet they actually mean submission to them.
Again, what we need is unit cohesion. That means we don't want bigots in our ranks. They cause discord, not unity. That's why they won't let you in if you are a Nazi or a Klansman.
I'm not sure that's a rule. As far as I know, you can belong to any political group you want, as long as you don't commit crimes. Does the Army also screen out BLM and ANTIFA, the most prolific domestic terrorists in the U.S?

Would trans-activists who attack feminists for protesting men in womens sports be banned from the military?

Last edited:
Yes, unfortunately, the criminals and the insane can make that choice because the gun industry markets to them. that's the problem.
False. We don’t have a gun problem. We don’t have a gun industry problem. Guns don’t kill people; people do. Our country doesn’t have a gun problem, it has a black problem. Call it whatever the fuck you want, it’s a fact. Remove their contributions to the homicide statistics and our “gun crime” stats as a nation become ho-hum. The left has been shadow boxing this “problem” by going after guns for years, but lack the balls to call a spade a spade, and go straight to the source. Which demonstrates that the left really doesn’t give a shit about this supposed “gun problem” for the sake of Joe Public. The Left has something much bigger in mind when it comes to their desire to strip Americans of their guns…

Yes, which adds to the willingness to follow orders and the attention to detail that saves soldiers lives and wins battles. Shiny boots and tight bunks may seem a small detail to a private, but let the private get away and an unmade bed and scuffed boots, and he may also slack off on a clean rifle, and a deep foxhole.

How long did you spend in the Army, that you still have this Army movie understanding of it?

I was in for 11 years, and got out at the rank of E-6.
I didn't say that these details weren't important, just that they might seem trivial. Just like you claim equity training is.

Yes, I knew men and women who were gay and only a few grumply old sarge's tried to do anything about it, but were unsuccessful.

Exactly. Do you know why? Hint. Because if the guy wanted to serve and did his job, it was better to keep them.

I had a gay soldier in my section, because he was kind of a disciplinary problem. And he had HIV. When we got back from a field exercise, he was going to go out to the E-club and I told him, 'Stay out of trouble". 2 AM the MP's woke me up to tell me he got beaten up at the club for hitting on someone. It STILL took another six months to get rid of him. And only then because he was HIV and had to be transferred to a non-deployable reserve status.

I guess the aggression required of paratroopers is different from the aggression required of blanket counters. Maybe that is part of the problem. The Army is heavy with rear eschelon supporters, and light with actuall bullet shooters. Then the bean counters get out of the service and tell people they know all about the Army and pronoun training is as good away as any to spend training time.

Hey, guy, here's a reality. Wars are won by logistics. They asked a German General when he knew the war was lost, and he replied, "It was when the American Army was able to get every soldier a Turkey Dinner for Thanksgiving", that's when he knew that the war was lost.

So from my viewpoint, I had the most important job in the Army. My job was to keep all the bullet shooters supplied with bullets and food and equipment.

But, I think you understand that all soldiers need to be trained to fight in basic training, no matter what their MOS will be, even if you don't want to admit it.

Sure they do.
They also need to taught to respect their peers and superiors, regardless of their race, gender, religion or sexual orientation.

Should they respect women who don't want to shower with biological men?

I guess. Whole lot of things you don't want to do, but you still have to do them. Women in the service are under FAR more threat from cis-gendered men than transgender.

What exactly should they be taught in "pronoun training?" Should it be mandatory announce your pronouns to everyone you meet, so that trannies don't feel like they are the only ones who do it? Should trainees be required to call a male "she," and "her," if that is "their" pronoun, or should the Army teach respect for soldiers who believe in the science of biology?

If someone has stated a preferred pronoun or name, you use that name. That's pretty simple. Big Corporations are already there.

When Democrats talk about "respect" after months of rioting during COVID, you can bet they actually mean submission to them.

Black people asked for police reform for 10 years. White people only paid attention when there was a riot.

I'm not sure that's a rule. As far as I know, you can belong to any political group you want, as long as you don't commit crimes. Does the Army also screen out BLM and ANTIFA, the most prolific domestic terrorists in the U.S.

ANTIFA is a philosophy, not an organization. As for BLM, who'd want to sign up for a country where they are STILL treated like second class citizens?

Would trans-activists who attack feminists for protesting men in womens sports be banned from the military?

Probably not.

Yes, unfortunately, the criminals and the insane can make that choice because the gun industry markets to them. that's the problem.
The problem is making such nonsense claims. The gun industry doesn't market to criminals and the insane.

The problem is the left which allows criminals and the insane to escape charges and bail for crimes with guns.

All the more reason to make female latrines penis-free zones - and enforce them better than Democrats enforce gun free zones.

An hour to say give your pronouns when you give your name, and use other people's chosen pronouns if you want to avoid an article 15?

I'm Quartermaster also. I took bayonet training during Rigger School AIT.

Here's what I understand about that now that I didn't get then: it was extremely unlikely that I would ever use a bayonet in combat. But the training emphasized aggression. That made me more likely kill in combat. It's called "lethality" and bayonet training adds to that. Pronoun training not so much.

Beyonet training adds to lethality. Pronoun training not so much.

Hurry up and wait, sure. Downtime teaches tolerance for boredom and discipline when inactive. Equity training teaches victimhood and lack of personal responsibility.

We need soldiers who kill, not crying T-girls.

No matter how stimulating Democrats find that image.
I was in The Navy for 6 years and never had a problem serving with non whites.

The military has an ever increasing list of people they will not accept. Anyone suspected of harboring white supremacist opinions. Those who will not accept pronouns. The unvaccinated. Those who reject homosexuality and transgenderism. Anyone coming from a background known to be unacceptable to diversity requirements.

The criteria is designed to reject straight white men without actually coming out and saying so. Why bother trying to join when you know there is no possibility of being accepted?

The problem is making such nonsense claims. The gun industry doesn't market to criminals and the insane.

The problem is the left which allows criminals and the insane to escape charges and bail for crimes with guns.

We lock up 2 million people.
Most of the rest of the world only locks up tens of thousands.
We lock up more people than China, a communist dictatorship with five times as many people as we have.

Locking them up isn't an answer. More guns isn't an answer.

Everyone else is getting this right except for us.

The military has an ever increasing list of people they will not accept. Anyone suspected of harboring white supremacist opinions. Those who will not accept pronouns. The unvaccinated. Those who reject homosexuality and transgenderism. Anyone coming from a background known to be unacceptable to diversity requirements.

The criteria is designed to reject straight white men without actually coming out and saying so. Why bother trying to join when you know there is no possibility of being accepted?

70% of enlisted men are white.

The real problem why the military is having a hard time meeting goals is that Americans are too fat, too lazy and we've had 20 years of a pointless war that has taking the shine off the brass.

Forum List

Back